Why is John Terry in a football shirt tonight?

Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
Forum Member
I was genuinely cheering on Chelsea by the end of the game tonight. They were absolutely fantastic.

Suddenly i realise why i was wrong........

100% congrats to the Chelsea fans but as a club you couldn't find class with both hands if you allow him to lift the cup as if he was a player in the final.

Comments

• OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Lampard jumped in his way but he did have one hand on the trophy AND he got a medal.

I also offer my congratulations to Chelsea FC with one glaring exception - that classless scumbag Terry
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he's a t*at?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I was genuinely cheering on Chelsea by the end of the game tonight. They were absolutely fantastic.

Suddenly i realise why i was wrong........

100% congrats to the Chelsea fans but as a club you couldn't find class with both hands if you allow him to lift the cup as if he was a player.

Might want to make a spectacle of himself one last time before potentially going to jail and being criminally convicted of racist abuse.

I've said in our thread that perhaps England should invite the Ferdinand bros up to the podium if England win 2012. As they'll have as much to do with a final victory as Terry did tonight.

Also said that JT has a lot to learn from Roy Keane. Who was the epitome of class in a suit when banned and helping your club celebrate a CL victory.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    Because he's a t*at?

agreed by alot of football fans around the world
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More to the point why did he lift the trophy and receive a medal!

In 99 Keane received a second yellow in the competition and was therefore banned! he was not allowed to lift the trophy and did not receive a medal! (nor did Scholes) absolutely shocking!!!!
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Abramovich should get his Chelsea shirt on and lift the trophy.

I agree, I didn't realise UEFA allowed it.
  • Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Well done Chelsea. Very pleased for Di Matteo, his reaction when the Drogba goal went in was heartwarming to see :):)

However I switched it off before I could see that odious **** Terry get his slimy hands on the trophy, the classless waste of life that he is :mad:
  • lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Might want to make a spectacle of himself one last time before potentially going to jail and being criminally convicted of racist abuse.

I've said in our thread that perhaps England should invite the Ferdinand bros up to the podium if England win 2012. As they'll have as much to do with a final victory as Terry did tonight.

Also said that JT has a lot to learn from Roy Keane. Who was the epitome of class in a suit when banned and helping your club celebrate a CL victory.

Agreed. The man wouldn't know class if it came up and bit him on the arse.
    Forum Member
    manued2009 wrote: »

In 99 Keane received a second yellow in the competition and was therefore banned! he was not allowed to lift the trophy and did not receive a medal! (nor did Scholes) absolutely shocking!!!!

I'm not sure that's true?
  • BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said back in the United thread earlier today if Chelsea win he'll run on, jersey, shorts, football boots and all. Bet he even had shin pads on.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member

Keane didn't even ask the question about whether he was allowed to lift the trophy. It wasn't an issue.

I don't want this to seem like an anti-Chelsea thread. They were uber brilliant tonight. BUT......
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    Because he's a t*at?

Spot on John Terry is a fine player, but as a man he leaves a lot to be desired. The only pleasing thing is that in years to come when he retires he will know he played no part in the final that Chelsea won, and his biggest Champions League moment was missing that Penalty in Moscow.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Just maybe his teammates and manager wanted him there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaly77 wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's true?

Yep I assure you it is true!
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was he actually in full kit? Any time you see someone in full football kit who isn't playing football, you assume they're a bit special (once saw someone even wearing boots sat in the stand).
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I've no love for John Terry as a person, but why is he being singled out for wearing a kit? He's not the only one who didn't play tonight. There's even a couple there who have never played for us.
    Forum Member

irrelevant. Even if they did and he agreed he went up in the shirt as if he played?! History will show the pic of him as a player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure in 99 the players wanted Keane and Schole's there but they wasn't!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    John terry according to reports suggests he had full kit including shin pads on, this guy is a joke.
    Forum Member
    Yep I assure you it is true!

I thought he did receive a medal but later said he didn't feel he deserved it? I'll take your word for it regarding the trophy but I was sure he and Scholes got medals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a club, may I remind you all, that sent up Peter Kenyon to get a medal in 2008. On that level tonight is at least an improvement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I've no love for John Terry as a person, but why is he being singled out for wearing a kit? He's not the only one who didn't play tonight. There's even a couple there who have never played for us.

It's the fact he was banned from the final and still received a medal! I couldn't care less if he was at the side of the pitch in his birthday day suit with a revolving tie!
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »

He lifted the trophy - the money shot if you will, in the shirt of a man who had played the game. Thats very different from the 3rd reserve goalie who will never be seen again.

In 50 years time look at that pic again, who will check if Terry played?
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucky Luiz decided to wear stupid big f*****g hat so nobody saw him lift the trophy.