Options

" Shorted out the time differential"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This was the reason given by Doc10 to Doc5, as to why PD's incarnation looked physically older in Time Crash. I'm just wondering if this would apply to companions too. The likes of Susan , Jaimie and Sarah Jane all looked older in the five doctors. I can't remember if they were taken out of time streams after they'd travelled with the Doctor though.
I'm just wondering if old companions could arrive with their Doctor in a future episode, ie Peri with Doc5 and could the same excuse be used for them aging, even the human ones?

Comments

• Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    This was the reason given by Doc10 to Doc5, as to why PD's incarnation looked physically older in Time Crash. I'm just wondering if this would apply to companions too. The likes of Susan , Jaimie and Sarah Jane all looked older in the five doctors. I can't remember if they were taken out of time streams after they'd travelled with the Doctor though.
    I'm just wondering if old companions could arrive with their Doctor in a future episode, ie Peri with Doc5 and could the same excuse be used for them aging, even the human ones?

Susan and Sarah Jane were taken out of their timelines after they left the Doctor. As for Jamie he was a projection not the actual character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    Susan and Sarah Jane were taken out of their timelines after they left the Doctor. As for Jamie he was a projection not the actual character.

Thanks for that info.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Maybe it also explains why the First Doctor looked completely different in "The Five Doctors". ;)
  • Options
    MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course this theory only really works with 'Time Crash'. The problem with trying to apply it to the Three/Five/Two Doctors is that we see the previous Doctors looking older before they've been removed from their time-stream! :D
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mansun wrote: »
    Of course this theory only really works with 'Time Crash'. The problem with trying to apply it to the Three/Five/Two Doctors is that we see the previous Doctors looking older before they've been removed from their time-stream! :D

Ah, but isn't the neutron flow of the pan-dimensional arc weld in flux already so we're looking at them through a paradox?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shorted out the time differential

Phew, it's a blessed relief that this explanation makes perfect sense to the casual viewer, otherwise it would just be techno-babble wouldn't it?