• DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    im hoping lorraine kelly makes an appearance
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    im hoping lorraine kelly makes an appearance

She said she'll never do any reality tv!
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,209
    Forum Member
    Martina Hingis was a right little madam on the tennis court if things didn't go her way- she may find the judges harder to please
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    so anton is with laila this year then , well so the rumors say
    Forum Member
    I'm pleased that Anton has at last been given a chance- would love to have seen Brendan's face when he found out he had an older lady this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Martina Hingis was a right little madam on the tennis court if things didn't go her way- she may find the judges harder to please

Her and James could be an interesting combination then !
    Forum Member
    josar22 wrote: »
    Her and James could be an interesting combination then !

According to NOTW Jame is with Zoe and that means Martina is with Brian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to NOTW Jame is with Zoe and that means Martina is with Brian

That makes more sense, although if martina throws a strop :eek:- poor Brian:(
    Forum Member
    Knowing Martina's persona Briaan will need the patience of a saint- and he'll probably need a stiff drink afterwards
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    brian will handle her i think . he will say theres a line and then flip at her haha
    Forum Member
    brian will handle her i think . he will say theres a line and then flip at her haha

I do think Martina may be an early exit- because she does not have the fanbase that the likes of Joe, Fern, Linford have.

If you are wondering what I mean about Martina's diva antics - have a look at the French Open tennis final in 1999- she was appalling the way she behaved
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Hollins for Strictly, Chris Hollins for Strictly, Chris Hollins for Strictly!!!!

Well, that's the the NOTW is saying!!! Eeeek! Excited!

x x x x x
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    good to see anton given a chance
  • Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's great to see anton with a chance, although I liked Gillian last year and thought she had too much of an early exit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Martina may be an early exit- because she does not have the fanbase that the likes of Joe, Fern, Linford have.

If you are wondering what I mean about Martina's diva antics - have a look at the French Open tennis final in 1999- she was appalling the way she behaved

Oh my gosh...how shocking.....In 1999 you say, and clearly it’s COMPLETELY impossible she’s matured since then. :rolleyes:

The main thing that will get her booted out first is if her dancing is as bad as Monica Seles’.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    good to see anton given a chance

Is this his swan song, I wonder? Would be nice to go out on a high, as it looks as though he may have a decent partner...?
    Knowing Martina's persona Briaan will need the patience of a saint- and he'll probably need a stiff drink afterwards

Would hope, being a sportswoman, she'd be fairly competitive and focused.

Can't wait for Tuesday :D
    Forum Member
    The funny thing is that the sportsmen tend to combine being competitive with being not being apparently taking it tioo seriously- i.e they find it easier to have a laugh at themselves- the women tend to find it harder, becuase they struggle to combine the two

Look at Gabby Logan- competitivw but took herself too seriously

Incidentally I remember Monica Seles's dancing- she was terrified- she couldn't even take the mick out of herself.

Maybe Martina has grown up a bit- we'll wait and see
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The funny thing is that the sportsmen tend to combine being competitive with being not being apparently taking it tioo seriously- i.e they find it easier to have a laugh at themselves- the women tend to find it harder, becuase they struggle to combine the two

Incidentally I remember Monica Seles's dancing- she was terrified- she couldn't even take the mick out of herself.
    Well, I disagree on that stereotype
    As much as you can pull out Monica Seles, there’s also Kristi Yamaguchi, Shawn Johnson who knew how to let their hair down and were more relaxed.
    Maybe Martina has grown up a bit- we'll wait and see
    Precisely!
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or maybe it is the audience or even the producers that are desperate to see it that way? I actually liked Gabby. She did have a sense of humour about it but she also put in 100%... I respect that a lot more than "not taking it too seriously" when it results in a mediocre performance.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martina Navratilova has done I'm a celeb... I thought SCD didn't take celbs who had been on other shows?
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Martina Navratilova has done I'm a celeb... I thought SCD didn't take celbs who had been on other shows?

Wrong Martina, its Martina Hingis, although she was named after that other Martina.

This is the lady in question

http://media.photobucket.com/image/martina%20hingis/rightfielder2120/Martina_Hingis_09.jpg
  • BigearsBigears Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martina H wow and Jade J brill if true.

I am gutted no Shane W or Tuffers. I do feel that a cricketer is a must have as they do seem to take it seriously but do have the sense of humour.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »

Haha I thought they were talking about that Martina too until I read read back. I was :confused: that people were sayingshe was a diva on the court.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Definitely.... completely lost all her composure at Roland Garros in 1999, and Hingis made some awful comments (about other players) in her teens but much more reasoned and careful as she grew up. Anyroad, it definitely helps though imo if the celebs can project a warm personality to the audience. This is where I think Seles went wrong (along with bad movement, technique and just being really stiff)...

Can't wait til it starts actually. Every year I'm amazed by the standard.
    Oh my gosh...how shocking.....In 1999 you say, and clearly it’s COMPLETELY impossible she’s matured since then. :rolleyes:

The main thing that will get her booted out first is if her dancing is as bad as Monica Seles’.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the press conference be live on the news on bbc one? Was it last year. How soon will we know...?