Did anyone think Steph was very upset and was overcompenstating with the laughter?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I after a while almost found it distasteful the way she and some of the housemates found it so verrrry amusing. Ivana was really very nice about it all, and it was as if she was being made a fool of by everyone, not nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cummon its DS.

Course it only applies to others.;)

:D:D I thought so!! p.s. lovin your name DD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I after a while almost found it distasteful the way she and some of the housemates found it so verrrry amusing. Ivana was really very nice about it all, and it was as if she was being made a fool of by everyone, not nice.

It's typical pack mentality - Vinnie being leader. He sets the tone and all common sense and sensitivity goes out of the window.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please, BB set Ivana up, not Stephanie or Vinnie. Were they supposed to fail the task and tell Ivana it was a set up? It was hilarious watching Ivana make a fool of herself with a gushing acceptance speech having said she would keep it short and not thank loads of people. Have you never been in a group sharing a joke at one of the group's expense? Ivana didn't seem to be hurt by it afterwards and I'm sure she enjoyed the party which they'd won. She's proved time and again she's a good sport.

Stephanie was clearly crying with laughter. She couldn't stop laughing. Before she left the diary room she said to herself the best way to cover it up was to hide the laughter as being upset. Which she successfully did with Ivana, then carried the act on with the rest before making it clear she wasn't really upset at all.

As for Vinnie's comment about her figure, I thought he was commenting favourably about her compared to the rather more well upholstered Ivana.

Seems to me people on this forum are looking for conflict between the celebs which just isn't there. The final part with Alex spray tanning himself while they all watched showed how close they have all bonded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    Oh please, BB set Ivana up, not Stephanie or Vinnie. Were they supposed to fail the task and tell Ivana it was a set up? It was hilarious watching Ivana make a fool of herself with a gushing acceptance speech having said she would keep it short and not thank loads of people. Have you never been in a group sharing a joke at one of the group's expense? Ivana didn't seem to be hurt by it afterwards and I'm sure she enjoyed the party which they'd won. She's proved time and again she's a good sport.

Stephanie was clearly crying with laughter. She couldn't stop laughing. Before she left the diary room she said to herself the best way to cover it up was to hide the laughter as being upset. Which she successfully did with Ivana, then carried the act on with the rest before making it clear she wasn't really upset at all.

As for Vinnie's comment about her figure, I thought he was commenting favourably about her compared to the rather more well upholstered Ivana.

Seems to me people on this forum are looking for conflict between the celebs which just isn't there. The final part with Alex spray tanning himself while they all watched showed how close they have all bonded.

It's one interpretation but I think a massively oblivious one if you think Ivana was not humiliated by it. She was dignified and hid it well. How could she not be humiliated - think about what she had just done! How embarrassing. On international TV in front of millions. And with the other HMs laughing at her. Hm, I'm sure she lapped it up :confused:
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmoodler wrote: »
    It's one interpretation but I think a massively oblivious one if you think Ivana was not humiliated by it. She was dignified and hid it well. How could she not be humiliated - think about what she had just done! How embarrassing. On international TV in front of millions. And with the other HMs laughing at her. Hm, I'm sure she lapped it up :confused:
    Embarrassed certainly, but humiliated no. She's very astute and would understand that HMs were laughing at what she did, not at her personally.

She was set up in a practical joke. No one was harmed and her outward reaction can only make her look good. Had she collapsed in tears afterwards and everyone grovelled around apologising it would do enormous harm to her business reputation. She showed she can take a joke, which can only do her good.

Any celebrity going on CBB knows they face moments of embarrassment. It's part of the trade-off for the potential publicity boost. We shouldn't shed too many tears for them. Those who react badly to such moments are the ones who come out worst overall.

Imagine for a moment you get set up by your friends in an elaborate April Fools joke. When you realise you've fallen for it, how do you react for the best to avoid humiliation?
    (a) Be bitter and upset that your friends could do this too you?

(b) Laugh at yourself and congratulate your friends for catching you out?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Ivana wasn't fooled for a second. Right after she was told that she'd been nominated for an award, she said she thought BB were pulling her leg (or words to that effect). She didn't miss a beat after the successful completion of the task was announced.

Ivana played along for the same reason Vinnie let Nicola kiss him the other day - they'd rather win the tasks than not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No i just think she was doing what she does best , "acting"
  • 21CenturyCircus21CenturyCircus Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness. I can't believe anybody thought she was acting! Whilst watching it last night, i thought 'even the Steph-haters can't fail to be amused by that giggling fit'.

I was wrong!
  • IdlecatIdlecat Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting, yes. Especially coming from a man who is nearly 20 years her junior, looks like an old leather bag with a beer gut. I am glad Alex is giving him some hassle about his age! Loved the comment about not being able to hit Vinnie as it would be like hitting his Dad! Shut him right up!

I thought Steph's laughter was genuine, and I love the way Alex is digging at Vinnie but it's obvious that he is being very careful.
    I was looking for a pic of him and his wife and found this.( old pic)
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11
    Amazed at how much he is in debt and even owes a lot of money to his former girlfriend for child maintenance.
    i think we know why he is in the house now.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my goodness. I can't believe anybody thought she was acting! Whilst watching it last night, i thought 'even the Steph-haters can't fail to be amused by that giggling fit'.

I was wrong!

No way was Stephanie acting, but yes there will be those detractors that will always find a way to put down.

I thought it was funny and can see why a laughing fit like that would occur in the circumstances. Stephanie thought she had messed up the whole task by smashing it before all the other parts done and I do believe that was an accident.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just being actressy. Like she was over the bible. I'm sure the feelings are real, but she acts them up.

totally agree
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vinnie doesn't think before he speaks. and my impression was that he was defending Ivana when Steph came out with the 'black is slimming..." comment. In this situation he wasn't necessarily being mean to Stephanie.
    (I'm not a Vinnie fan btw)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would never be attracted to someone like Vinnie Jones
    Who is he anyway a 2 bit actor[ c...p one at that]
    He is no oil painting
    He is nasty to her, only because he feels threatened by her
    He is an insecure little boy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephanie definitely found something funny but it was the way she laughed that seemed unnatural....as if she can't let go totally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Yes - Steph and Ivana should have their own show. How about Dynasty III - the Trumps. Steph can replay her role as Sable Colby - and they can wander around New York doing a sort of Nicole Richie/Paris Hilton simple life show.

Had the same thought! I'd love Ivana & Steph to do a version of the simple life show in the UK...they are brilliant together!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Idlecat wrote: »
    I thought Steph's laughter was genuine, and I love the way Alex is digging at Vinnie but it's obvious that he is being very careful.
    I was looking for a pic of him and his wife and found this.( old pic)
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11
    Amazed at how much he is in debt and even owes a lot of money to his former girlfriend for child maintenance.
    i think we know why he is in the house now.

Vinnie is in debt? And has to pay for child maintenance? Really?! Couldn't make the link work, sorry..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vinnie doesn't think before he speaks. and my impression was that he was defending Ivana when Steph came out with the 'black is slimming..." comment. In this situation he wasn't necessarily being mean to Stephanie.

What by saying there is a world of difference between Ivana's figure and hers? Yes I'm sure he was complimenting both in one foul swoop!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What by saying there is a world of difference between Ivana's figure and hers? Yes I'm sure he was complimenting both in one foul swoop!:rolleyes:

No, It was Stephanie who was hinting to Ivana that she should wear black because it's slimming....Vinnie just hit back at Stephanie, maybe by thinking she was being insensitive to Ivana.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I've just defended Vinnie.:eek:
  • dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, It was Stephanie who was hinting to Ivana that she should wear black because it's slimming....Vinnie just hit back at Stephanie, maybe by thinking she was being insensitive to Ivana.

Stephanie gave a genuine comment as in the TV cameras would make her appear much heavier if she wore white. Not that she would look heavy per se. Vinnie was just being a bitch towards Stephanie. Steph and Ivana look similar in weight anyway with Steph slightly lighter, imo:confused:

Steph has the most genuine, gut curling, infectious, wonderful laugh ever. I will vote for her laugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54,392
    Forum Member

My recollection was that Ivana was wearing black top and trousers and said I'll change into a skirt and Vinnie said 'not black for the cameras' and Stephanie then answered 'black makes you look 15lbs lighter on the screen, if I wear white blah blah blah' then he responded wtte 'theres a world of difference between your figure and Ivanas' though'.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I intended voting for Stephanie when she first went into the house, then changed my mind, but have changed it back again. True she can be a bit bitchy (can't we all), but she has gone into every task with gusto and humour, and is certainly the most articulate housemate in there.

She and Ivana are shaped differently. Ivana is more straight up and down, while Stephanie is more of an hourglass figure. Stephanie was saying what most of us would say, in that black is more slimming. It was a generalised comment. I don't see Vinnie as nasty, but he is a wind-up merchant.
  • ralphoflaralphofla Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    OFFCENTRE wrote: »
    I agree - he has really gone for Stephanie is the last week. She was upset at what Vinnie said and covered it with laughing. I voted 10 more times for Steph to make up for it!

I think Vinnie is clever enough to see Steph as a real threat and he is so desperate to win he'll do anything and say anything - but it all seems to be back firing thank God! - People are just seeing him as the nasty bully he is!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delly wrote: »
    Stephanie gave a genuine comment as in the TV cameras would make her appear much heavier if she wore white. Not that she would look heavy per se. Vinnie was just being a bitch towards Stephanie. Steph and Ivana look similar in weight anyway with Steph slightly lighter, imo:confused:

Steph has the most genuine, gut curling, infectious, wonderful laugh ever. I will vote for her laugh.

I think Ivana would know that without Stephanie telling her as she's often in the public eye.....I still think Vinnie was defending Ivana in this situation.
    Vinnie may have a soft spot for Ivana......he looked like 'Bashful' from Snow White when Ivana sat on his lap when
    they were chained together. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I see it.