[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    kris would know it;)
    He wouldn't need to. He'd cut and paste it.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Congratulations Kris..

'''

I doubt we'll ever know what stories he's helped develop or are his, we'll probably have a good try guessing tho:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Kris.
    You will definitely be missed.
    Hope you enjoy working on Eastenders. And Good Luck with your new job.
    xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Wonder if in the future, Kris will be seen on one of the EE revealed specials talking about a storyline he came up with? :D:D:D
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Wow, congrats Kris. You will be missed on here but what a fantastic opportunity. Good luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    To those squabbling about whether or not Kris is qualified, he wouldn't have been given the opportunity if he couldn't DO it.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you don't just walk into a job like this. A quick look at the BBC site shows that you have to work on thirty-minute shadow scripts with the current writers and editors.
  • Options
    VulcanVulcan Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    You don’t always need experience to make a success of a job, “ListedBuzz”. There are many examples of individuals rising from virtual obscurity (which Kris is NOT doing, of course!) to become winners at their game if not legends. I seem to recall an ex-secretary-cum-schoolteacher who tried unsuccessfully for a considerable time to convince publishers she could be an author and had a good book in her. Eventually, through the flurry of rejection slips, they saw the light. Her name was Joanne Kathleen Rowling.
    Maybe, ListedBuzz, you should try some positive thinking. You appear bitter and twisted; the Devil’s Advocate, no less. Do let us know when you have a career change/get a job – we’ll be delighted to offer you some words of encouragement..
    Meanwhile, congratulations Kris – and more power to your elbow! It’s comforting to see you have many friends on the forum who are sorry to see you go – but wish you well.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Which characters are his favourite? Has he ever mentioned any?
  • Options
    ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    Vulcan wrote: »
    You don’t always need experience to make a success of a job, “ListedBuzz”. There are many examples of individuals rising from virtual obscurity (which Kris is NOT doing, of course!) to become winners at their game if not legends. I seem to recall an ex-secretary-cum-schoolteacher who tried unsuccessfully for a considerable time to convince publishers she could be an author and had a good book in her. Eventually, through the flurry of rejection slips, they saw the light. Her name was Joanne Kathleen Rowling.
    Maybe, ListedBuzz, you should try some positive thinking. You appear bitter and twisted; the Devil’s Advocate, no less. Do let us know when you have a career change/get a job – we’ll be delighted to offer you some words of encouragement..
    Meanwhile, congratulations Kris – and more power to your elbow! It’s comforting to see you have many friends on the forum who are sorry to see you go – but wish you well.

You finished? Now who's making assumptions...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    You finished? Now who's making assumptions...

Oh LB your still here ...come on wish Kris luck and you know you want him to be successful and hope he is.. now come on .. throw in a congratulations ... pretty please ... i know you can be nice ... please :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maria01 wrote: »
    Oh LB your still here ...come on wish Kris luck and you know you want him to be successful and hope he is.. now come on .. throw in a congratulations ... pretty please ... i know you can be nice ... please :(

I was gone, the other poster mentioned my name...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was gone, the other poster mentioned my name...

lol No buts ,...... Now how many times have I told you to play nice :p
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vulcan wrote: »

Word to this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maria01 wrote: »
    lol No buts ,...... Now how many times have I told you to play nice :p

I suspect the same amount of times I say "I don't do nice"
    Word to this.

What is a "word to this"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I suspect the same amount of times I say "I don't do nice"

Liar you so do .. do nice ... :p
  • Options
    BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Kris.

I ask one thing - do NOT listen to forum members for inspiration.

Most of the stuff on thie forum is a lot of Betty Swollocks, and if you try to please the whole forum EE will become a completely unintelligible mess.

Ta.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Bertypop wrote: »
    Congratulations Kris.

I ask one thing - do NOT listen to forum members for inspiration.

Most of the stuff on thie forum is a lot of Betty Swollocks, and if you try to please the whole forum EE will become a completely unintelligible mess.

Ta.

Even though I'm sure Kris already knows this I echo the sentiments.
  • Options
    jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have thought Hollyoaks would suit him better. Saying that though, with BK now being at EE..
  • Options
    GEMS17GEMS17 Posts: 22,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd guess Kris will take all his experience at DS, and on the forums, and his own instincts, and write fantastic storylines. However, I can't imagine he'll be back to post insider info, or engage with us lot, cos he's moved on. And he understands, I'm sure, that his new job wouldn't allow that!

He's off to pastures new and better, and the DS forums have to let him go!

And wish him all the luck in the world, and then some, obviously....
  • Options
    linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    Congratulations Kris, and good luck!
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    They employed Daniella Westbrooke three times..

ETA: That looks wrong, is that how her names spelt?

Danniella Westbrook. :)

Kris, congratulations on landing your dream job - all the best.
  • Options
    DanielDaniel Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Kris on your well-deserved appointment and best of luck for the future. It's been great to work with you over the years and I hope we keep in touch!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I'm with ListedBuzz on this. They are entitled to their opinion - just like everyone else. Just because LB is questioning the appointment of Kris doesnt mean they are being rude. I'm questioning it as well.

But I wish him luck.
  • Options
    GEMS17GEMS17 Posts: 22,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fumb Duck wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm with ListedBuzz on this. They are entitled to their opinion - just like everyone else. Just because LB is questioning the appointment of Kris doesnt mean they are being rude. I'm questioning it as well.

But I wish him luck.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion!

What I'm slightly confused about though, and it might be just me being silly, is what the people who doubt his appointment base that on? Is it an assumption that he's some 16 year old numpty? Or that he has no qualifications?

Just intrigued.