The DS Eurovision Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds more like a threat than an offer.;)

I don't think I'll be taking Drew up on his kind offer .....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, thought so.

Just how strict are we on the no repeat artists rule? I've got a song for next week which features Stwphanie de Sykes, but with a backing group - I think she's appeared before but on her Jack Jones so would an entry with her lead singing with a group be excluded or allowed?

I'm determined to come last again you see...

The glorious Stephanie has not appeared yet - I would be born with a smile on my face if she turned up

and I'm going for the "Wombat Award" this week, so hands off :p
  • ShadyNathanShadyNathan Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I send my entry for next week now? Only I'm not sure if I'll be conscious on Boxing Day.:o:p

Of course you can... ;)
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers, thought so.

Just how strict are we on the no repeat artists rule? I've got a song for next week which features Stwphanie de Sykes, but with a backing group - I think she's appeared before but on her Jack Jones so would an entry with her lead singing with a group be excluded or allowed?

There can be no more appropriate name for a backing group than "Rain". ;) I considered this at one point.
  • wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could have sworn she'd appeared but thinking about it, I think she appeared in an ESC related competition.

Drew, if it's the one I have in mind, I wouldn't be upset if you went for it, but if not, I'll enjoy uploading it next week!
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can Azerbaijans debut not win! This must be the work of ARMENIAN WIZARDRY as usual.
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could have sworn she'd appeared but thinking about it, I think she appeared in an ESC related competition.

Drew, if it's the one I have in mind, I wouldn't be upset if you went for it, but if not, I'll enjoy uploading it next week!

You go for it and if it's the video I'm thinking of, it's quite festive. I'm sure the song was originally intended for Eurovision and it would've been perfect.
  • Pdm1987Pdm1987 Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you can... ;)

Can I do the same after this weeks have been revealed? (and once I've chosen a song ;)) don't know how much internet I'll get with all the wine I'll probably be consuming haha :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right all - it's the Apprentice Final in a couple of mins, don't be fooled into thinking it's on Wednesday!
  • ShadyNathanShadyNathan Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pdm1987 wrote: »
    Can I do the same after this weeks have been revealed? (and once I've chosen a song ;)) don't know how much internet I'll get with all the wine I'll probably be consuming haha :D

Of course... let me make this easy... anybody can lol! :D

EDIT: With valid reasons... I can't be doing with an influx of entries while I'm trying to keep the UK's supply of beds and mattresses afloat in time for xmas!!! :D Don't forget... you'll have until tuesday to send me an entry ;):D
  • sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Right all - it's the Apprentice Final in a couple of mins, don't be fooled into thinking it's on Wednesday!

Stella ftw! (I wanted Jess Ennis to win Sports Personality of the Year and she came third so I'm hoping I get my winner here)
    Of course... let me make this easy... anybody can lol! :D

Hmmm, to send now or have a good think seeing as this is the last one (for the time being, hopefully!) I may wait until I see how this week goes for my entrant :cool:
  • weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, thought so.

I think this was brought up by Jaccobabe recently, and I dont remember an objection raised. So presumably Robbie Williams could be chosen, and then Take That.
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    Only_You wrote: »
    This is so bad because I ask EVERY time but for some reason I always seem to not remember to copy the list into a word file when someone does post the list ... if it's not too much trouble ... can someone post the songs through to the semi finals in the fantasy contest *blushes*

Anyone have the list handy? :o
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only_You wrote: »
    Anyone have the list handy? :o

Anne's your (wo)man, but I think she's busy with Siralan at the moment.;) I'd try again in a while.
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    Anne's your (wo)man, but I think she's busy with Siralan at the moment.;) I'd try again in a while.

Haha cool!

She very kindly posted it last time, I hope she don't get fed up with posting it! :D! I promise to copy it and save it this time! :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    thms wrote: »
    glasgow 2012 has a nice ring.. ;)

To be honest I think the BBC would send it to Cardiff if it arrived in 2012 - Glasgow did get ESC Dance a few years back, so it's "had its turn."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard this Estonian song that's in the running to represent them in Dusseldorf? It's brilliant imo. Although I am sure I've heard it before . . . . :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj9mTanN4YI
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marrakech wrote: »
    Has anyone heard this Estonian song that's in the running to represent them in Dusseldorf? It's brilliant imo. Although I am sure I've heard it before . . . . :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj9mTanN4YI

Don't get too attached to it meryl, there's a very good chance she will be disqualified from the Estonian preselection as the song was apparently available with different lyrics prior to the cut off date.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get too attached to it meryl, there's a very good chance she will be disqualified from the Estonian preselection as the song was apparently available with different lyrics prior to the cut off date.

:rolleyes:
    Poor Estonia!

Totally entering it in a Fantasy contest at some point . . . :o
  • portugalportugal Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    2 or 3 I think. :o

Well I did ask on here if it would be in poor taste to pick my entry before everyone else but no one replied! Besides there was one person who got an entry in before me so I wasn't quite the first! :D

And that was probably me!!!!!!!!!:D
  • portugalportugal Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did state a week ago that I felt I would finally get a top 10 placing in an actual Eurovision song contest on here but 2nd is just phenomenal although I do feel a bit like Amina at the moment:cry:!!

Thanks for all the votes everyone and apologies to dear Claire for stealing her first choice x
  • wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewanspence wrote: »
    To be honest I think the BBC would send it to Cardiff if it arrived in 2012 - Glasgow did get ESC Dance a few years back, so it's "had its turn."

I agree, Wales has yet to host an ESC (Scotland did way back in the days of Crimplene and wobbly colour hold from Edinburgh's Usher Hall, and the People's Republic of Yarkshire went all fur coats and brass knickers when Harrogate hosted it in 1981, so it's about time it came here)

We've got a large pink tent which goes begging for the 50 weeks of the year when there's no Eisteddfod, which seems a perfect fit for the ESC...
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just back from night out. Thanks to everyone who helped Serbia and Mintenegro get to 4th place. My best result since Lilli and Susie finished runners up:D

I really did think Albania was going to romp it this week tho:eek:
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just finished watching a recording of the 2002 Eurovision contest. Poor Poor Malta. :(

Was devastated when Ira was beaten by that god awful Latvian entry
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2002 was ruined by the awful winner, it was a good year though because Croatia, Malta and Russia were among my favourites.
This discussion has been closed.