Top Gear Tuesday 8 pm - USA (again)

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My TV Guide says "Top Gear (CONTINUED)" and then the Middle East special description for Monday 26th... I'm confused? Is it a repeat or is it over two nights? :confused::o
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2FS wrote: »
    Whaat? This is a new episode?? My Digiguide told me it was a repeat!

aye it was new. The guide lies! :eek:

sicknote10 wrote: »
    It was indeed, I was there :D

was anyone clobbered by the flying toy :p
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought tonights show was back on form, compared to last couple of series, which many people felt were declining in quality.

As someone said the presenters did seem more into it tonight. Looking forward to the Middle east special.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Places bet the Stig will be shown as a terrorist in Iraq*

*Places further bets on large complaints from idiots about Clarkson's comments from tonight*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    I do like Top Gear and it does make me laugh but he is such an insufferable oaf
  • inky winkyinky winky Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I do like Top Gear and it does make me laugh but he is such an insufferable oaf

That's why us Clarksonistas love him ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just a fun show not to be taken seriously yess you can tell some of it is definately scripted but so what.
  • jamiec21jamiec21 Posts: 290
    Forum Member

True, but only the BBC2 version, the BBC HD version didn't have a repeat marker, so I caught it.

It's no surprise the EPG guys mess up with this programme, it's repeated so often it's ridiculous and what's with a series premiere on a Tuesday? Or is it a series premiere, I assume it is seeing as they had the usual new series feature at the start, but there's no new episodes up until at least Sunday 23rd January, assuming they keep it on a Sunday evening.
  • jamiec21jamiec21 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    My TV Guide says "Top Gear (CONTINUED)" and then the Middle East special description for Monday 26th... I'm confused? Is it a repeat or is it over two nights? :confused::o

This was a stand alone episode, presumably a series opener, then the Middle East special on 26th December, then no more new episodes scheduled for at least another month.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamiec21 wrote: »
    True, but only the BBC2 version, the BBC HD version didn't have a repeat marker, so I caught it.

It's no surprise the EPG guys mess up with this programme, it's repeated so often it's ridiculous and what's with a series premiere on a Tuesday? Or is it a series premiere, I assume it is seeing as they had the usual new series feature at the start, but there's no new episodes up until at least Sunday 23rd January, assuming they keep it on a Sunday evening.

The EPG had it down as 7 of 7 but in the show Clarkson shows it what is coming up in the coming weeks. I think it was simply part of the previous series, the Christmas special and then the new series next year.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    Pretending to accidently knock the studio lights out and pretending to accidently set things on fire.. YAWN, you've done it before Jeremy. A thousand times. Sorry but what used to be my favourite show is just the same old tired pre-planned rehersed stuff over and over again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Loved it! Funniest thing I've seen on TV for ages.

The Goodies - The Next Generation! :D
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TG appear to have forgotten that the viewers actually like the Stig.

The poor jokes about him were in bad taste. sore losers BBC.

Stig was being shafted by the BBC and thats why he went to court. Petrolheads have more respect for stig than these 3 overpaid tossers
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomharry2 wrote: »

Stig was being shafted by the BBC and thats why he went to court. Petrolheads have more respect for stig than these 3 overpaid tossers

I liked the Stig but had no real interest in finding out if it really was Ben Collins. BC thought he was bigger than he actually was and who's talking about him now?

I loved the Stig jokes last night, I thought they were very Top Gear and they fitted in perfectly.

And TG wouldn't be what it is without Clarkson, Hammond and May - call them overpaid if you want but it's a massive show, and not just here in the UK.

And I am a petrolhead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the part where May and Clarkson tried to have a drag race on the wet track and kept on wheel spinning. Not sure why, but I was laughing out loud.

I found the Stig jokes really funny, especially the drive-by shootings. Class.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member

My TV listings said it was episode 7/7 and therefore assumed, somehow had missed the previous six.

Although I regularly slate this programme now, for lack of originality, I though that it was quite good but also though the shooting of the Stig cardboard cut out was bad taste and completely unnecessary, to be honest.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was great to see a new Top Gear episode for once!!

I thought the Stig jokes were all in good fun; they were hardly likely to let it go without a mention!!

Ben Collins was just playing a character - he is replaceable. He has given it all up for the sake of a moderately successful book and a bit-part role on Channel 5's bargain bucket version of Top Gear.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a joke for controversy, yes, or at the least TIC? Why would so-called Petrolheads have more respect for a character - which is all The Stig was - created for and by a TV show, than the show itself? Yes, viewers liked The Stig, but I suspect the overwhelming majority of people who call themselves fans of TG support(ed) their action against Collins and consider Clarkson and co. entirely justified in sacking him. Collins's action effectively ruined The Stig for TG and the fans, so why would anyone have respect for that?

On another note, I assumed they'd simply kill off White Stig with some highly elaborate ruse and replace him, but I got the impression last night that that's the end of The Stig as a character and they'll now just have a generic driver when required.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

...in other news... the pope is a Muslim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311085/Stig-Ben-Collins-Jeremy-Clarkson-told-I-drive-like-homosexual--wouldnt-60-seconds-job.html

After yesterdays despicable lambasting of Ben collins...the 3 overpaid idiots appear as bumbling unsophisticated losers.

as Ben says...they wouldnt last 60 sec in his job.

I think the show and its presenters appears to instigate its audience to kill Ben in a drive by shooting. If he takes them to court i can see the BBC making a grovelling apology.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,890
    Forum Member
    Nope it was done, it was Danny Boyle.

Seperately, I've been to Intercourse! It's an Amish town. Its the only place I know that when you drive through Intercourse you get to a smaller town called Paradise!

I've been there too. It was suggested to me that I take a detour and visit Gspot, but after about half an hour I couldn't find it and gave up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was fun & a bit of light relief compared to the pile of repeats & other pointless bilge on tv.

I enjoyed it & look forward to the next one.

Rather liked the shoot the stig targets albeit it rather predictable.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the show and its presenters appears to instigate its audience to kill Ben in a drive by shooting. If he takes them to court i can see the BBC making a grovelling apology.

I think that you are taking this far, far too seriously, and far, far too literally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    I think that you are taking this far, far too seriously, and far, far too literally.

Ben Collins will be well advised to take this very very seriously. A major broadcaster making fun of him and shooting his cutouts repeatedly in drive by shootings using what appears to be live rounds.

There are enough nutcases who will try and emulate that.

And the BBC lost the court case against him which makes it targetted slander.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311085/Stig-Ben-Collins-Jeremy-Clarkson-told-I-drive-like-homosexual--wouldnt-60-seconds-job.html

After yesterdays despicable lambasting of Ben collins...the 3 overpaid idiots appear as bumbling unsophisticated losers.

as Ben says...they wouldnt last 60 sec in his job.

But it did show that there are other drivers quite capable of replacing him on the show. It sounds as if Collins and Vince Cable might get on well, both seem to have overinflated impressions of their importance.

It remains to see whether they use an anonymous character again or named drivers as with Tiff Needell last night. I am surprised he does not have an exclusivity clause in his Channel 5 contract.