FarCry 3

Comments

• sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShopTo never take the money out a week early, not from my experience and I:ve used them a lot. They should take the money out of your account either tomorrow or most likely Wednesday, depending on how early you preordered and how much demand there is for the game. If it's a Friday release I usually receive the game on Thursday if RM are doing their job.

Okay thanks. Ive only used them 4 times now. Have checked my emails and on both Fifa 13 and Sleeping Dogs i received an email the saturday before release confirming a payment to my account. I pre-ordered way back in may and was hoping to get it a day or so early. :)
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like playing Uncharted & GTA so do u guys think this would be a good game to buy?? I ask as I've never played any of the previous games from the series....

I like the idea of exploring a tropical island especially with the weather being so rubbish here in he UK !
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomStar wrote: »
    I like playing Uncharted & GTA so do u guys think this would be a good game to buy?? I ask as I've never played any of the previous games from the series....

I like the idea of exploring a tropical island especially with the weather being so rubbish here in he UK !

Have you played Just Cause 2 ?. That, for me, seems to be the closest you'll get to this. The island on that is massive - took me nearly 10 minutes to fly from one side to the other. I think you can pick that up for quite cheap now, so i'd grab that and give it a go - if you like that, you'll love FC3
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    ^Ugh, I was interested in this til you said that! JC2 was a load of pish :p
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Ugh, I was interested in this til you said that! JC2 was a load of pish :p

Well it was more to do with the open world island comparison and nothing to do with the actual quality of the game. FC3 does appear to be far superior.
  • Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    If it's half as good as Just Cause 2 I will be happy. :p
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just ordered this as I fancy something different to get stuck into and to see me through the dark winter months:)
    Forum Member
    The first half hour or so is certainly interesting. Not usually a fan of FPS games but it seems to aspire to transcend the genre. Will play more later and see how it goes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first half hour or so is certainly interesting. Not usually a fan of FPS games but it seems to aspire to transcend the genre. Will play more later and see how it goes.

How long does the tutorial last?

I'm looking forward to just going off and exploring the map.
    Forum Member
    Well the intro/basic tutorial lasts maybe ten-fifteen minutes. But in keeping with most games these days the first couple of missions (at least) are just more introduction to how the game works, not sure if you're free to go off exploring before you do them, I didn't try.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Far Cry 2, one of my favourite games. Vast, lots of action and always having to have a rest before you pass out. The sleeping was great too, deep but easy to play.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just ordered this as I fancy something different to get stuck into and to see me through the dark winter months:)

That's what I'm thinking. Tempted to buy simply as it's set on a tropical island so would be good for escaping the nasty winter months....
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the intro/basic tutorial lasts maybe ten-fifteen minutes. But in keeping with most games these days the first couple of missions (at least) are just more introduction to how the game works, not sure if you're free to go off exploring before you do them, I didn't try.

How do you get your games early?
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get your games early?

Magic :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Mines been dispatched:D
    And by the looks of this vid I can't wait to play it!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines been dispatched too!! Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow. Looking forward to fighting some crocodiles and sharks!!
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Mine's on it's way too! Hoping for delivery tomorrow, but I'll try not to cry and stamp my feet if it doesn't come until Friday.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon just told me I don't have enough mine so ill be waiting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't resist and have just ordered this on Amazon. Hope it's good !
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those who've ordered the game...please report back and let us know if it's as awesome as previews and reviews would have us believe.

FC1 was a good game but FC2, for all the good reviews, was a steaming pile of cack, so I can't trust "professional" reviews much any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    All those who've ordered the game...please report back and let us know if it's as awesome as previews and reviews would have us believe.

FC1 was a good game but FC2, for all the good reviews, was a steaming pile of cack, so I can't trust "professional" reviews much any more.

Will do;)
    As my copy has arrived, so it's FC3 for me tonight:D
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where have people bought it from that have it already?

What postage do you pay?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What postage do you pay?

Mine arrived from shopto today. Not yet had an order that hasn't come at least a day or so early. They send 1st class and it's free.

Just installing to my HD and then gonna play for a couple of hours. Really looking forward to this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What postage do you pay?

Ordered from SimplyGames and free 1st class postage:D

Have done the opening scenes and this game is beautiful:D