A Town Called Eureka on Pick TV

montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just noticed that Pick TV are going to start showing Eureka from the 18th March , which is good news for me as I've only ever seen the first series and quite enjoyed watching it. It seems to be a replacement for ST:Enterprise at 8:00 in the evening, so I guess that they won't be showing season 3&4 of that show!

The weird thing about Eureka is that there doesn't seem to be a single thread about the show on the forum! Was it really that unpopular?:confused:

Comments

• swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer for this on Pick

I've never seen it either and I'm tempted but every night at 8.00pm is one hell of a commitment in missing evening football matches and what have you......particularly as I'm already watching Andromeda at 7.00pm

I'm on Virgin and we don't have Pick plus one

I couldn't find a thread on here either.........
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just noticed that Pick TV are going to start showing Eureka from the 18th March , which is good news for me as I've only ever seen the first series and quite enjoyed watching it. It seems to be a replacement for ST:Enterprise at 8:00 in the evening, so I guess that they won't be showing season 3&4 of that show!

The weird thing about Eureka is that there doesn't seem to be a single thread about the show on the forum! Was it really that unpopular?:confused:

There are US pace threads for each season. The search facility can't seem to find them though.

I managed to watch the whole series from box sets and it is very good. Glad Pick TV are showing it.

Here is the Season 3 thread, but obviously it will contain spoilers.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=852254
  • LMLM Posts: 63,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought the complete series last year. I ended up selling it.

The characters are good. The plots are wacky. But the main story arcs really suck. The first arc runs for season 1-2 and by the end your like "did i actually waste 26 episodes of my life to find that out". I am also a bit wary of sci-fi shows that have comedy in them and sometimes this show can't balance the comedy and drama, and it can become a bit too much. The show becomes increasingly worse from season 3 onwards. I'll let you decide for yourself.

I don't think the lack of theads on here suggest it was unpopular, but more current sci-fi/fantasy shows are normally up for discussion much more than past shows.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be something I can record to the youview box as my sky planner quite busy I have never seen this though.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched this in a weird order :D

Saw some but not all of Season 1 when it first aired but stopped watching for some reason or other.

When I heard Season 5 was going to be the last one I decided to watch that (had seen the Warehouse 13 crossovers) just to see how things ended.

Once I'd seen Season 5 I decided to watch the earlier ones but watched them in the order 4 - 3 - 2.

Never got back to rewatching Season 1 though.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An entertaining easy watch with simple characters and some good Sci fi in jokes. Plus appearances from well known past series stalwarts (even Wesley Crusher!) The plots tended to get very samey towards the end and they finished it when that was obvious.

But it was an amiable watch - not at all ground breaking or deep and incisive but enjoyable enough.

There is some crossover with Warehouse 13 towards the end.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An entertaining easy watch with simple characters and some good Sci fi in jokes. Plus appearances from well known past series stalwarts (even Wesley Crusher!) The plots tended to get very samey towards the end and they finished it when that was obvious.

But it was an amiable watch - not at all ground breaking or deep and incisive but enjoyable enough.

There is some crossover with Warehouse 13 towards the end.

That doesn't surprise me as I've always thought that the two shows were quite similar in both their subject and their general tone.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    Loved this series. Almost tempted to watch it again; though only in SD :(

I assumed SyFy's rights have run out but I'm sure they showed some episodes not long ago. But it was stupid-o'clock in the morning (6am I think) and could have just been burning them off I guess.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this series. Almost tempted to watch it again; though only in SD :(

I assumed SyFy's rights have run out but I'm sure they showed some episodes not long ago. But it was stupid-o'clock in the morning (6am I think) and could have just been burning them off I guess.

They seem to have a cycle of when they air their shows

Before xmas, it was Eureka
    After xmas it was Warehouse 13
    and soon they are showing Sanctuary