Criminal Justice (series 2) - BBC1, this week - 9pm

D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't believe this is coming back tonight! I really, as many others did, enjoyed the first series back in June last year, and I hope this series lives up to the standard set last year.

The press reviews seem good, so hopefully that will reflect the views of many on here!

Comments

• sugapunksugapunk Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick note to Freeview Series Link'ers on this - note that for some reason Thursday's episode is missing in the link, so ensure you set that to record seperately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to see this, last years was brilliant and Maxine Peake is always first class so I'm hoping this will live up to expectations.
  • SugarKane11SugarKane11 Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed this last year too so I'm looking forward to tonight! And Maxine Peake is a great actress!
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this. I've series linked it on BBC HD as I'll be watching FlashForward on Five.

I hope it can match the quality of the first series (and perhaps have a more satisfying conclusion).
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first series was one of the greatest pieces of Tv, so i shall most deffinatly be watching this tonight! I just hope that the quality remains the same!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is there any correlation between the two series? I have series one but haven't watched it yet.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is there any correlation between the two series? I have series one but haven't watched it yet.

No, it's a completely unrelated story (as in, different characters and circumstances but still following the process of the justice system). It's by the same writer and under the same 'Criminal Justice' banner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Never caught the first series, but have heard good things about it. Saw Maxine Peake on Breakfast this morning and they showed a couple of clips from tonights episode. I really can't wait to watch this, it looks great.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I'm not watching it, I'll be waiting for the dvd release, other things on at the same time and we don't have dvd recorders in our house. So can watch it when I want with the dvd. Looks fantastic.
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I'm looking forward to this tonight!

All week infact :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    No, it's a completely unrelated story (as in, different characters and circumstances but still following the process of the justice system). It's by the same writer and under the same 'Criminal Justice' banner.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this, meant to watch last year's series but never got round to it. I'm quite interested in all the police/legal dramas. Like others, i am slightly annoyed there is so much else on at the same time, but since it's on every night think i'll stick with this.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    Oh I'm looking forward to this tonight!

All week infact :D

Ditto!!! :D
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. It's timing is excellent - I need something to keep me out of the pub all week.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow - Flash Forward on Five must be losing millions to this......:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what is going on :confused:

Should I have seen the first series?, it's very slow.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think so, but Flashforward is repeated tomorrow at 10 on Fiver and also on Sunday around abouit 11pm on Five
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what is going on :confused:

Should I have seen the first series?, it's very slow.

No, you don't need to have seen the first series. I am confused too - it's very slow, wish I'd watched Blue Murder instead of recording it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's going to kill him i think
    Forum Member
    Im really enjoying this, if enjoying is the right word for this subject matter. It's so well acted, but difficult to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he must be a controlling bully who drove her to have a nervous breakdown previously
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biggest crime is that awful house.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they can afford any lighting or heating - the house looks freezing!
    Forum Member
    DiDi wrote: »

But it completley represents the husband; controlling, OCD type behaviour, sterile and cold; also their relationship; there's nothing there.
    I think it works well to represent the complete isolation she feels, as she does not even have a proper 'home'.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiDi wrote: »
    House as bleak as the action so far! :eek:
    Very s-l-o-w! But well acted and interesting story. Am I right that predictably the girl will get the blame? Hope not...:(