Signal Box on EE

Comments

• bluestrawbluestraw Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    I have two and they still haven't charged me for them.
    I signed up for 1 month sim-only to t-mobile business, got the signal box, gave immediate 30 days notice, and despite having two bills before my account was closed they never charged me. I'll be happy to pay up if they come and ask in the future, but for now it seems like it was free (and well-worth the 1 month sim deal!)
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    you cant just switch to a business tariff though on one phone can u

Yeah. I moved to EE then rang up and asked if I could move to business. You're supposed to send in proof (paperwork) you're a business but the second CS guy I spoke too was a very good and took me at my word. Absolutely nothing changed except I now have my business name between my name and address on the invoice and dialling 150 now says "Welcome to EE business".
    I'm registered with EE as a sole trader, which unsurprisingly is what I am. :)
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks devon might try it as a last resort theyre getting on my nerves now
  • jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devon, just to update re the T&C's - a fresh set arrived this morning branded as EE - product code PCN-E2192 and it now states
    11a, purchases by consumers: unless we tell you otherwise, the equipment will be in 'closed' mode which means only you and nNominated users can use the equipment. In limited circumstances the equipment may need to be provided to you in 'open' mode.

*nNominated is their spelling mistake lol.

So seems they are going to change it to closed for residential boxes, open for business users.
  • jcwackyjcwacky Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    jon41 wrote: »
    Devon, just to update re the T&C's - a fresh set arrived this morning branded as EE - product code PCN-E2192 and it now states

*nNominated is their spelling mistake lol.

So seems they are going to change it to closed for residential boxes, open for business users.

Is someone able to point me in the direction of the T&Cs that were/are relevant for EE Business Signal Box users on 10th January. Want to hold onto a copy just in case!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you receive a copy with the box?
    Forum Member
    Did you receive a copy with the box?

I don't remember doing so, although just located the packing slips which mentions T&C's CVN58. Not been able to find them though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcwacky wrote: »
    I don't remember doing so, although just located the packing slips which mentions T&C's CVN58. Not been able to find them though.

It's a glossy folded a4 sheet, I do seem to remember that people weren't getting them.

I'll scan and upload both this afternoon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to update with regards to closed mode, you can call and request to be either open or closed, all numbers on your account are automaticaly added to the whitelist.

After requesting my box to be locked, the CS said that's done - box started flashing and around 20mins later solid green and only numbers on the account could connect.

So it appears finally at least Orange customer support is trained up and support has got alot better over the past few weeks since the outages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    if it is so called available now, as per t-mobile via their twitter account i like to why they refusing them to people, even if someone is willing to pay
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Just to update with regards to closed mode, you can call and request to be either open or closed, all numbers on your account are automaticaly added to the whitelist.

After requesting my box to be locked, the CS said that's done - box started flashing and around 20mins later solid green and only numbers on the account could connect.

So it appears finally at least Orange customer support is trained up and support has got alot better over the past few weeks since the outages.

Any idea how many extra numbers can be nNominated? :)
    I think it's 32 on the SureSignal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Any idea how many extra numbers can be nNominated? :)
    I think it's 32 on the SureSignal.

They didn't say at the time, or say how you can add people. I'll call in the morning and find out for you.

haha glad you liked their mistake :)
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive been asked by the higher tech team to give five examples of dropped/missed calls dont know if it will help but thats what they want next
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive been asked by the higher tech team to give five examples of dropped/missed calls dont know if it will help but thats what they want next

I doubt it will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry bit late with these,

or1k.jpg
    or2d.jpg
    ee1t.jpg
    ee2ma.jpg
    Forum Member
    Sorry bit late with these,

or1k.jpg
    or2d.jpg
    ee1t.jpg
    ee2ma.jpg

Thanks for those!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcwacky wrote: »
    Thanks for those!

No probs:)

Devon, can't seem to get an answer about the limit, some say only numbers on your account can be added and others don't know about closed mode. :confused:

Will keep on trying though
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No probs:)

Devon, can't seem to get an answer about the limit, some say only numbers on your account can be added and others don't know about closed mode. :confused:

Will keep on trying though

On our T-Mobile one at work it's closed and we've been able to add T-Mobile numbers, which are NOT on the account, to it - alas you can't add ones on Orange too it.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    They can add any same network number you wish.. Staff need to look at the system grr!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    On our T-Mobile one at work it's closed and we've been able to add T-Mobile numbers, which are NOT on the account, to it - alas you can't add ones on Orange too it.

Thanks for that, sometimes you get a CS who knows what their talking about and other times, you yourself know more than they do!

Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Think I've figured out the red light issue....... It seems to light up red when the Internet is in high usage, ie, downloading large files etc. as soon as I'm not downloading it seems to start working again. Has anyone else noticed the same pattern?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm not that I've noticed. I'll give it a go though later and see.

how long are we talking for download time?
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dishdonkey wrote: »
    Think I've figured out the red light issue....... It seems to light up red when the Internet is in high usage, ie, downloading large files etc. as soon as I'm not downloading it seems to start working again. Has anyone else noticed the same pattern?

Yeah - our work internet connection is a bonded SDSL and three of the four lines went down yesterday prompting the signal box to go red (as the remaining 2mbps was saturated by office use) - when they came back it was green within minutes. It also does it daily for a few minutes around 08:45 during which time our line is often saturated due to automated data downloads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    kev wrote: »
    Yeah - our work internet connection is a bonded SDSL and three of the four lines went down yesterday prompting the signal box to go red (as the remaining 2mbps was saturated by office use) - when they came back it was green within minutes. It also does it daily for a few minutes around 08:45 during which time our line is often saturated due to automated data downloads.

I have noticed that with our signal box at home goes down most mornings at around the same time and at that time the pc is not even turned so no internet usage stays red for a couple of minutes goes off completelt then flashing green and then static usually takes about 5 minutes to complete the cycle
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Hi

I'm after a bit of advice on the Signal box. My daughter has been given so many fob off from Orange when she has tried to activate her box. She went for days with a flashing green light but after many phone calls and re-registering she got the magic solid green light. The problem is that her phone will not connect to it. Several phone calls to orange and they tell her something different every time. First of all they said it was her phone but her phone connects to my signal box. Then they said it was her internet connection and it was only 1.2 GB. My daughter is easily fobbed off and she excepted this until I told her to stand firm and phone them back as it clearly says on their website that the box will operate at speeds of 1GB. The next operator them told her that because her house has no signal and there is no 3g signal in her area the box would not work. Is this right? Do you really have to have 3g in your area for the signal box to work? I thought they worked through internet connection and not the signal outside your house.
    Are they fobbing her off again?
    She managed to get a signal box from Orange after months of trying. I was going to try and register my faulty first one but wasn't brave enough to try. Can I take my box to her house and see if it works?

Thanks in advance

Kenny