Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sophie P wrote: »
    Competitors often give harsh criticism to the B&B owners who are NOT 'hands on' in the day to day running of their business. So I anticipate low marks on Justin's feedback sheet already - especially from the drag act. :o

However, Justin's girlfriend and staff might be amazing / professional and save his bacon... :D.

Did you see him practicing taking food orders with Alex at his new place in London? He was woeful. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised nobody has commented on the ridiculous eyebrows on the gay couple. Plucked to within an inch of their lifes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised nobody has commented on the ridiculous eyebrows on the gay couple. Plucked to within an inch of their lifes!

I was going to comment on that earlier and thought I would be shot down. The younger guy looks ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I was going to comment on that earlier and thought I would be shot down. The younger guy looks ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to either of them trying to look surprised :p
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie P wrote: »
    I'm sure the Four in a Bed production team know about Justin's appearances on the Hotel Inspector series. They could airbrushed the fact away...

However, the production team might stir up drama and conflict during the visit to Justin's B&B - somehow other participants find out that he was on the Hotel Inspector series and he got help from Alex Polizzi for the 'makeover' of the Artist Residence.

That will get some harsh criticisms pouring out of the competitors! :eek: :cry: :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if the fiab team invited them to come on the show - they like a place that's a bit different. They might need something to counter the huge number of gay cross-dressers running cheap B&Bs in Blackpool that apply;)
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you I too thought the bloke was Nepalese. They do seem a nice couple on tonight's viewing.

However I did roll my eyes when there was another gay drag queen.

From.............Blackpool!:D:D:D
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    Not sure how much I can take from the woman with the laugh, I'm already groaning everytime she opens her mouth.

The young ones are obsessed with youth. How they'd never have met people of "that age" had it not been for the programme. Don't know about you but it's a persons outlook that matters to me, not which year they were born.

I'm tired of drag queens it seems so old fashioned. The two could get quite cutting I predict.

Yes and YES! The "young couple" have an attitude I might expect from kids of 15-16 not from a 25 and a 26 yo! Makes you wonder how they manage to speak to some of their customers, doesn't it? Or do they not allow anyone in over the age of about 30?

I don't remember seeing their place on Hotel Inspector. I wonder if it's on YouTube...
  • Options
    Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you notice his nails? They look better than mine:D
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I noticed it immediately but didn't want to say. Don't they know how aging overly plucked eyebrows can be?
  • Options
    Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed it immediately but didn't want to say. Don't they know how aging overly plucked eyebrows can be?

I prefer those kind of eyebrows instead of ones that look like Denis Healey's. My husband has to trim his with a pair of scissors because they are so long :D
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thought I would be when I wrote - Is the new criteria for 4IAB - Bitchy cross-dressing Blackpool guest house owners who charge £50ish per night who know they will win -

At one time it must have been quite an achievement to have the 4IAB plaque on your guest house wall in Blackpool now it seems like they are as common as muck.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    His other marks weren't very considered either but somehow I think tonights couple are not going to get too vindictive about it.:)

I think they were very considered hoppy....They want to win!

And that laughing Stacey is so annoying, nothing is that funny!
  • Options
    japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and YES! The "young couple" have an attitude I might expect from kids of 15-16 not from a 25 and a 26 yo! Makes you wonder how they manage to speak to some of their customers, doesn't it? Or do they not allow anyone in over the age of about 30?

I don't remember seeing their place on Hotel Inspector. I wonder if it's on YouTube...

My thoughts exactly, I thought it made them sound incredibly immature
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Google - artists residence hotel inspector youtube

A 2 minute youtube comes up and some other bits and bobs but I can't click on them as I am not in UK and only have very limited MB left on this months allowance :eek:
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    [/U][/B]

Google - artists residence hotel inspector youtube

A 2 minute youtube comes up and some other bits and bobs but I can't click on them as I am not in UK and only have very limited MB left on this months allowance :eek:

I remember them - I did think they looked vaguely familiar!
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and YES! The "young couple" have an attitude I might expect from kids of 15-16 not from a 25 and a 26 yo! Makes you wonder how they manage to speak to some of their customers, doesn't it? Or do they not allow anyone in over the age of about 30?...

As they will soon discover the problem with being young is that it goes away.

I remember him from the Hotel Inspector as well and IIRC he wouldn't be told anything then, let's see if his capacity to take feedback has improved.

I'm also a bit bored with Blackpool drag queens.

Does anyone think that the taller of the two Blackpool lads looks like Richard Grieve (if he really ate all those McDonalds)?
    :D:o
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trudi Monk wrote: »
    As they will soon discover the problem with being young is that it goes away.

I remember him from the Hotel Inspector as well and IIRC he wouldn't be told anything then, let's see if his capacity to take feedback has improved.

I'm also a bit bored with Blackpool drag queens.

Does anyone think that the taller of the two Blackpool lads looks like Richard Grieve (if he really ate all those McDonalds)?
    :D:o

Thanks Trudi, I thought I'd seen him before and you're right he looks like the camp airline pilot for mcdonalds :)
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooo, not another Blackpool B&B this week.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Nooo, not another Blackpool B&B this week.

I can only imagine there was an ad in the Blackpool Gazette:

"Gay? Like to cross dress? Have a cabaret persona? Own a bed and breakfast/boutique hotel? Want a week showing off on national telly?
    Call us now!!! (no timewasters)"
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know it was back on, mainly due to being on holiday then spending all day in gatwick yesterday! Will set it recording tonight.
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I can only imagine there was an ad in the Blackpool Gazette:

"Gay? Like to cross dress? Have a cabaret persona? Own a bed and breakfast/boutique hotel? Want a week showing off on national telly?
    Call us now!!! (no timewasters)"

There seem to be loads of Blackpool every series. There is some wonderful coast , countryside and lakes up that way and to the East Yorkshire side, up to Northumberland, sick, sick, sick of Blackpool.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they were very considered hoppy....They want to win!

And that laughing Stacey is so annoying, nothing is that funny!

Hello GS, long time no see. Tea-time TV has been awful.

What I meant was, the low marks were not very considered if he wanted people to like him and visit his B&B.;)

I know what you mean though.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,707
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone. I'm back as well; also didn't realize that so is 4inaBed.
    Missed most of last week due to work and also - one night away in a B&B :D
    Found ourselves doing a bit of an inspection, but certainly didn't move the furniture check out the mattress or use a torch and a mirror. It was very good.

Here we go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plucky must have seen the Hotel Inspector because he knew the type of breakfast the Artists Residence does.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Hello GS, long time no see. Tea-time TV has been awful.

What I meant was, the low marks were not very considered if he wanted people to like him and visit his B&B.;)

I know what you mean though.

Hi hoppy..nice to see you..Watching 'live' today...for 15 mins or so anyway!
This discussion has been closed.