New <Freetime> Update

Comments

• REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    just done new channel search and the channel logos are still just plain boring text instead the fancy logos, maybe a factory reset is in order to check,

a factory reset wont delete my recording will it

No, but you will loose your recording schedule and settings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    No, but you will loose your recording schedule and settings.

yeah have just reset that back up, theres only 10 scheduled luckily lol, and just realised y canna change to 1080p i assume its cos i watching in back room via digisenders connected to the scart, will wait till put main tv on and change it then..... seems some logos are comin back slowly, is very odd....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got a day at home so have booked a replacement box.

I was only on the phone to them for five minutes and have asked for a swap next Tuesday as that my next free day.

Still seems a very odd fault to me with it working for a whole day and then several reboots.

Today the picture froze again on live tv (froze on Dom Littlewoods face) with the sound still going on...

I have asked them if you should include the external power supply unit as in the past cheap old PSU's can cause all kinds of funny faults.

Automan.
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm weird all my channel logos are back to normal now.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    One thing that has always puzzled me and that is the white info banner. I seem to get random info alerts for programmes I haven't set to record or ones that I have but the recordings are days away.

Does any one know how the info banner is supposed to work because it just seems to spew rubbish out of mine? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Faust wrote: »
    One thing that has always puzzled me and that is the white info banner. I seem to get random info alerts for programmes I haven't set to record or ones that I have but the recordings are days away.

Does any one know how the info banner is supposed to work because it just seems to spew rubbish out of mine? :confused:

would that b the banner that appears at the top the screen, i usually have 1 appear when i am setting a recording.... not sure how its supposed t work....
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member

Bizarrely enough whenever I set/pressed record the 'white banner' on my box went through a stage of always showing 'The Andrew Marr Show' as being set/recorded regardless of the actual programme I was recording (i.e not 'The Andrew Marr Show') .:confused: It didn't affect what I was actually recording though.

I have to say I was on the brink of retuning my box, had the original packaging ready, but decided to do one final factory reset and update and bar a few extremely minor and rare niggles it has been working like a dream.

I hope I haven't just jinxed it....

I would like to have the series link option appear when pressing record whilst watching a programme..that's about it.
    Forum Member
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    would that b the banner that appears at the top the screen, i usually have 1 appear when i am setting a recording.... not sure how its supposed t work....

That's the one - I just get random info more often than not quite unrelated to the current programme.
    Forum Member
    Bizarrely enough whenever I set/pressed record the 'white banner' on my box went through a stage of always showing 'The Andrew Marr Show' as being set/recorded regardless of the actual programme I was recording (i.e not 'The Andrew Marr Show') .:confused: It didn't affect what I was actually recording though.

I have to say I was on the brink of retuning my box, had the original packaging ready, but decided to do one final factory reset and update and bar a few extremely minor and rare niggles it has been working like a dream.

I hope I haven't just jinxed it....

I would like to have the series link option appear when pressing record whilst watching a programme..that's about it.

I'm on box number 2 - the first box had a HD issue. The second box has been very good indeed though as I say certain things could do with a bit more polish.
  • ab48ukab48uk Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm confused too. Perhaps the box is indeed setting up for future recordings, checking for clashes - but who knows? It would be nice if the instructions gave us the answer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    ab48uk wrote: »
    ...It would be nice if the instructions gave us the answer.
    Given the "design by committee" (Humax designed the hardware, Freesat the software), I don't think anybody actually knows how the box works.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew I was going to regret asking for a warranty swap!

Box delivered okay (they don't come with the external PSU BTW).

Only thing it rattles like its got a 1p coin inside, something metallic and pretty heavy.

Called Humax again on their 0844 number and rattled the box for them.

I now have another one coming on Thursday.

Automan.
    Automan wrote: »
    Finally got a day at home so have booked a replacement box.

I was only on the phone to them for five minutes and have asked for a swap next Tuesday as that my next free day.

Still seems a very odd fault to me with it working for a whole day and then several reboots.

Today the picture froze again on live tv (froze on Dom Littlewoods face) with the sound still going on...

I have asked them if you should include the external power supply unit as in the past cheap old PSU's can cause all kinds of funny faults.

Automan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My next box has arrived and is powered up.

It has software version 1.00.40 and loader 1.05

I also have just realised it has a card left in the CI Slot labelled HD+ by Astra and thus have asked Humax what to do with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well box #3 is no better than my first one :(

Failed to delete tonight's "The Simpson" episode on first try.

Now, browsing the guide, the screen image has frozen but the live tv program sound continues.

Both are problems I have seen on the first box.

So either this box has the same hardware issue and Humax just send them out again unfixed or it is a software issue.

I guess its time to pull the mains lead out.

EDIT:
    After a restart, I can see the recording it was making ended at the time the user interface crashed.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Well box #3 is no better than my first one :(

Failed to delete tonight's "The Simpson" episode on first try.

Now, browsing the guide, the screen image has frozen but the live tv program sound continues.

Both are problems I have seen on the first box.

So either this box has the same hardware issue and Humax just send them out again unfixed or it is a software issue.

I guess its time to pull the mains lead out.

EDIT:
    After a restart, I can see the recording it was making ended at the time the user interface crashed.

Did it have the latest software when you first turned it on or did it upadate on setup?
    I'd recommend selecting factory default and then see if things improve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It came with 1.00.40

I see my first issue is known http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/free-time/Bug-deleting-a-series-recording-leaves-a-phantom-recording/m-p/1678#U1678

I will try a format and factory reset but I don't have much faith that it will help :(
    Forum Member
    Yeah it sometimes doesnt like to delete if you try to delete straight after watching a recording and also it will not delete while a recording is in progress.
    Hopefully there should be an update soon that will ressolve any remaining issues.
  • IgniteIgnite Posts: 1,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also have just realised it has a card left in the CI Slot labelled HD+ by Astra and thus have asked Humax what to do with that.

This is a card for the German "Free" HD service for channels such as RTL and PRO 7.

If you don't want the card, please drop me a PM as I'd be interested in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignite wrote: »
    This is a card for the German "Free" HD service for channels such as RTL and PRO 7.

If you don't want the card, please drop me a PM as I'd be interested in it.

They have asked me to send it back...

More costs :(
    Forum Member
    They have asked me to send it back...

More costs :(

Why should you cover the cost?
    Tell them if they want it then they can send out a self addressed envelope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If my new box continues to play up I shall point it out to them.

Postage was only 90p and is a small part of the time cost and frustrations this product as caused me in the last month or so.

It's been a busy weekend and I have not had a chance yet to bring it out of standby since Friday and at 07:40 it's time to head out...

I hope it has recorded my program's....
    Forum Member
    I think the chances of all these boxes being faulty are remote to ny impossible. Given that, if it was me I would being taking a serious look at the satellite installation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Foxsat HDR never had any such issues on the same feed nor does my Samsung box.

My new box over the last three days seems to have recorded my requested programs.
    Forum Member
    My Foxsat HDR never had any such issues on the same feed nor does my Samsung box.

My new box over the last three days seems to have recorded my requested programs.

Don't think that proves anything. Equipment varies in sensitivity so for example one piece of kit may work OK whereas another won't work at all or works but not successfully.
  • paul1962paul1962 Posts: 86
    Forum Member

Does that mean the CI slot works on these units ?
    I couldn't find any menus which let me access it.