Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strengths
    Science
    TV
    Films
    Music

Weaknesses
    Geography (though I'm getting better at it)
    Religion
    Maths

I know some will be like maths isn't general knowladge but some pub quizzes I've been too they've used it for a tie breaker.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    mine are

strengths

football
    TV
    music

weaknesses
    Science
    History.

Mine are exactly opposite to you. I'd also add geography and politics to strengths.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Strengths:

Astronomy
    Science
    Psychology
    Music
    Food & Drink

Weaknesses:

Literature
    History
    Popular culture
    Art
    Tv
    Films
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stengths:

Dogs

Weaknesses:

Everything else
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weaknesses
    - Reality TV in any form (Big Brother, Bake Off, Strictly etc)
    - Football (I love watching it but I remember nothing after 1999 club / league wise)
    - Fashion

Strengths
    - History (especially medicine)
    - Disasters (Industrial, plane crashes, sinkings, natural etc)
    - Whisky
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    Weaknesses
    - Reality TV in any form (Big Brother, Bake Off, Strictly etc)
    - Football (I love watching it but I remember nothing after 1999 club / league wise)
    - Fashion

Strengths
    - History (especially medicine)
    - Disasters (Industrial, plane crashes, sinkings, natural etc)
    - Whisky

Well, I think you should be spelling whiskey with an e, jus' sayin'...

Only joking. So what is your favourite? I like Jamesons if I'm on a budget, but proper Scotch with a peat like taste is always good, depends on mood.

Also, Jim Beam black label (not white) is very smooth. Bourbon, but very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strengths:
    Pop music
    Geography - I used to work in a travel bureau so I know lots of airport codes and cities
    The Royals :blush: Mums always been a royalist so I suppose I just picked it up.
    Tv from years ago like Coronation Street when people like Reg and Curly were in it. And old American series like Hart to Hart and the Love Boat

Weaknesses:
    Sport
    Science
    Modern Tv - never seen Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, I hardly watch any tv now and I certainly don't have Sky.

I used to love pub quizzes but Google's ruined it now. There was a quiz in Manchester that was billed as a quiz you can't Google, but it only ran for a few months. I wouldn't even bother going to one now when they all whip out their phones, what's the point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Well, I think you should be spelling whiskey with an e, jus' sayin'...

Only joking. So what is your favourite? I like Jamesons if I'm on a budget, but proper Scotch with a peat like taste is always good, depends on mood.

Also, Jim Beam black label (not white) is very smooth. Bourbon, but very good.

Scotch Whisky doesn't have an "e". I'm a fan of peated single malts. Especially enjoy Lagavulin, Laphroaig and Ardbeg. Trying to get into unpeated though, so finding the local Scapa 14yo cask strength (and even generic 16yo) actually nicer than I thought. Depends on type of cask its been matured in as well. Ive got a new found appreciation of American oak...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scotch Whisky doesn't have an "e". I'm a fan of peated single malts. Especially enjoy Lagavulin, Laphroaig and Ardbeg. Trying to get into unpeated though, so finding the local Scapa 14yo cask strength (and even generic 16yo) actually nicer than I thought. Depends on type of cask its been matured in as well. Ive got a new found appreciation of American oak...

Does it not? I always thought 'Whisky' was a US thing. Don't care anyway, must be my Irish heritage :p

I like peated too, but also smooth. I don't mix with water or ice and tend to drink at room temperature, it's just what I prefer.

So what would you recommend?

I do also like the vanilla, sweet type smooth ones as well, like a lot of the Irish ones, just depending on mood.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Strengths:
    Pop music
    Geography - I used to work in a travel bureau so I know lots of airport codes and cities
    The Royals :blush: Mums always been a royalist so I suppose I just picked it up.
    Tv from years ago like Coronation Street when people like Reg and Curly were in it. And old American series like Hart to Hart and the Love Boat

Weaknesses:
    Sport
    Science
    Modern Tv - never seen Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, I hardly watch any tv now and I certainly don't have Sky.

I used to love pub quizzes but Google's ruined it now. There was a quiz in Manchester that was billed as a quiz you can't Google, but it only ran for a few months. I wouldn't even bother going to one now when they all whip out their phones, what's the point?[/QUOTE]

I know ........it really, really annoys me too. I used to love a good quiz.>:(

Strengths

Literature
    History
    Politics
    Food and Drink
    Reality TV:blush:(british)
    Music

Weaknesses

Science
    Geography
    Maths
  • Options
    bcdeebcdee Posts: 318,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to Islay in May, visited Lagavulin, Bowmore, Bruichladdich and Ardbeg. All nice distilleries, you can fill your own bottle at Bowmore which is a good experience

The staff were all really nice...........as were the free samples :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bcdee wrote: »
    I went to Islay in May, visited Lagavulin, Bowmore, Bruichladdich and Ardbeg. All nice distilleries, you can fill your own bottle at Bowmore which is a good experience

I think I'd die of alcohol poisoning! :D
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Thinking about it in terms of subjects you get on a quiz my best subject is world geography and my worst is food and drink. Everything else is patchy.
  • Options
    bcdeebcdee Posts: 318,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quizmaster runs a quiz in Chatter Monday - Thursday night, everybody is welcome to join in :)
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strengths:

UK politics
    American politics
    History

Weaknesses:

Soaps
    Big brother
    Sport
    Movies
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strengths:
    Pop music pre-2000
    Film pre-2000
    Big Brother :D

In General terms I'm okay at Maths, Geography

Weak:

Science
    Literature
    History
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just have a few weaknesses.

Science, apart from biology
    Food and drink
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I just have a few weaknesses.

Science, apart from biology
    Food and drink

Science and religion rarely play nice :p

I think this family guy clip sums it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9ImScQGAo

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it not? I always thought 'Whisky' was a US thing. Don't care anyway, must be my Irish heritage :p

I like peated too, but also smooth. I don't mix with water or ice and tend to drink at room temperature, it's just what I prefer.

So what would you recommend?

I do also like the vanilla, sweet type smooth ones as well, like a lot of the Irish ones, just depending on mood.

Irish and American whiskey have an "e" in them :) It's difficult to recommend things sometimes as everyone's tastebuds are different. Highland Park 21 year old is a pretty good malt. Lots of vanilla and honey but a wee bit of Sherry influence. It's about 150 quid (one of my favourites is their 30 year old). They also have an American oak cask whisky called Leif Eriksson. It's bloody lovely for having no age statement and only about 65 quid. I found the standard Jura malt very easy on the tongue and didn't have that harsh burn that others do. Plus it's pretty cheap at around 25 quid when it's on special offer. Always a bonus :D
    bcdee wrote: »

Free samples are brilliant! I used to do tour guiding in a distillery and it was a great opportunity to sample loads of stuff from all over the place! Got a bottle of Bruichladdich 2008 with Orkney Bere Barley the other week from a local shop. For being only 6 it's got quite a good depth to it. Lots of vanilla in the nose :)

Anyway. All this whisky talk is making me want to go and fill my hipflask for my island jaunt in the morning :D
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Strengths:

Music
    TV & Movies
    Geography
    Ancient History

Weaknesses:

Science
    Modern History
    Maths
    Politics
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    I'm crap at ever subject :(:blush:
  • Options
    TARDIS BlueTARDIS Blue Posts: 10,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strengths:

Tech stuff
    Doctor Who
    Collecting useless information

Weaknesses:

Science
    Maths
    Politics
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Irish and American whiskey have an "e" in them :) It's difficult to recommend things sometimes as everyone's tastebuds are different. Highland Park 21 year old is a pretty good malt. Lots of vanilla and honey but a wee bit of Sherry influence. It's about 150 quid (one of my favourites is their 30 year old). They also have an American oak cask whisky called Leif Eriksson. It's bloody lovely for having no age statement and only about 65 quid. I found the standard Jura malt very easy on the tongue and didn't have that harsh burn that others do.

I have a new found respect for the US. Only messing, I don't really care either way!

I have good taste, generally :D Obviously I'm going to say that, but I never claim to be an expert. Seems you've tried more than I have, so I will bow to your expertise. As I said, I do like the peaty ones, but also the sweeter, vanilla type ones.

Yes, I've had Jura. I've had about three different Jura's actually because it's what my bother drinks, and I think he got one that was aged a bit longer with a black label that I particularly liked because it was very smooth.

As with anything, you have to pay to get the best stuff (up to a point). No way I'll be paying that much for a bottle of anything though. I'll stick to sampling it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a new found respect for the US. Only messing, I don't really care either way!

I have good taste, generally :D Obviously I'm going to say that, but I never claim to be an expert. Seems you've tried more than I have, so I will bow to your expertise. As I said, I do like the peaty ones, but also the sweeter, vanilla type ones.

Yes, I've had Jura. I've had about three different Jura's actually because it's what my bother drinks, and I think he got one that was aged a bit longer with a black label that I particularly liked because it was very smooth.

As with anything, you have to pay to get the best stuff (up to a point). No way I'll be paying that much for a bottle of anything though. I'll stick to sampling it!

Sampling is always good. Befriend someone with a collection and a generous nature :D