Kanye West To Run For President in 2020

DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
Forum Member
✭✭
His Comedy act is so much more entertaining than his so called music act, that's for sure!

Comments

• EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I bet you he drops that idea by the time 2016 comes around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I don't really think he'll do it. It's probably some sort of marketing move, to make a little bit of fuss in the media. Although, if he actually did run for the president in 2020, the number of votes he'd get with be terrifying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Pure attention seeing imo. I would love if him and his wife would take a media break :D
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's far from the worst option.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If only Lulu was eligible.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    And I bet you he drops that idea by the time 2016 comes around.

he's still going for it 😬
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    This thread seems very different since Trump was elected.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He’s a wild hypocrite though. Funny watching him try to rationalise Jesus approving of him selling t-shirts for $300, when Jesus was said in multiple books of the New Testament to strongly disapprove of such antics.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when his ex outed that he loved being fingered in the butt? I don’t see him the same after that.
  • SirPsychoSexySirPsychoSexy Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy is a pillock
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember when his ex outed that he loved being fingered in the butt? I don’t see him the same after that.

So did the guy in the film Road Trip
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He really needs to go back oh his meds and stay on them.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has mooted to run for President on several occasions previously. People need to stop listening to his b@:%^*ocks.
  • SaraCreweSaraCrewe Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Kanye is a very ill man and it terrifies me he could be in charge of the most powerful nation on earth. My blood runs cold at the thought, honestly.

I think the USA under Trump is a horror show and in terms of US politics, if I were a citizen there I'd be a bleeding heart democrat all the way, but this is like a nightmare.

Why does America allow literally just anybody to run for leadership? I've always thought that insane.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    edited 17/07/20 - 12:27 #16
    SaraCrewe wrote: »
    Why does America allow literally just anybody to run for leadership? I've always thought that insane.

Because George W. Bush "won" the US election in 2000 and America never fully recovered after that.

I dare say had Al Gore become president, things may well have been very different in America over the last 20 years.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 18/07/20 - 14:55 #17
    I’d prefer Kim to run for it instead as at least she has a good brain and is savvy. Kanye could be First Gentleman or whatever they would call the husband in this position.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    It's a ridiculous idea, but then so were the ideas of Trump as President and Johnson as Prime Minister.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are all the posters on this thread British??

Having voted for Boris Johnson I would have thought they wouldn't be so critical!

I think he has mental health issues; as does Kanye 😉🤣
  • Davy_rocksDavy_rocks Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its not the place but this makes me mad not at Kanye but he can run for president and Britney who's also bi polar cant do anything 🤔🤔
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    silentNate wrote: »

Having voted for Boris Johnson I would have thought they wouldn't be so critical!

I'm British, but I certainly didn't vote for Boris Johnson.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »

I'm British, but I certainly didn't vote for Boris Johnson.

Same here.
  • MaxxieDMaxxieD Posts: 4,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wants to abolish the 13th amendment, which essentially abolished slavery with the EXCEPTION of when it is being used as punishment for a crime.

Its the latter part which people are taking very immoral advantage of so I get what he's trying to do but if he doesn't know what he's doing it could probably cause a loophole which would make slavery technically legal again... :s
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I mean at least Boris had some form of political experiance being London Mayor and a member of Parliament.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I mean at least Boris had some form of political experiance being London Mayor and a member of Parliament.

Wasn't a great mayor but got away with it by taking credit for Olympic work started under Livingstone. Royally ballsed up role as Foreign Secretary. History of racism when writing at The Spectator. Deliberately screwed up his own friend's chance of becoming leader. Threatened to give up details of journalist to someone wanting to intimidate them with violence...

Yeah, there were some clues in Johnson's previous behaviour but he got elected PM anyway. The clues were there with Trump and now with Kanye but if anything a lack of experience is on their side; in Johnson's case thd British public knew what yhey were getting and voted for it anyway.

Dunno why we are bothering to discuss a candidate only acting as a spoiler to take votes from Biden anyway. I wouldn't vote for any of those three candidates in all honesty. I don't believe Kanye has advocated injecting bleach or had sexusl misconduct accusations against him (he would be in good company anyway)! 😮🤕
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member

We didn't all vote for Boris. Infact only 28% of those eligible to vote voted for him.