Options

Anyone know about grants for courses ?

pinkprintpinkprint Posts: 536
Forum Member
✭✭
I feel drained and exhausted .
I have spoken on the forum before about me having been claiming ESA for a few months due to chronic anxiety attacks with daily physical symptoms .
I am absolutely desperate to get off ESA. My mum is helping pay for a new laptop but I cannot afford the course I want to start on Feb ! Its home learning with one day a month tutor face to face.
I cannot afford the £1000 even in installments . I thought I would be able to use the government '24+ loan' but I have only just been informed after a month that it is only for 'further education courses' such as A levels and Access. And not for 'higher education diplomas' which is what I want to do!

I was reading about how thousands of pounds in grants go unclaimed every year.
But where are they?!

I feel like I'm back to square one.

Comments

• Options
    pinkprintpinkprint Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one bump.
    then i lose the will to live
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not get a part time job to fund it?
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    I think that the Government loans are for things like college rather than 1 to 1 tutoring which will be very much more expensive. But the Government department should be able to tell you that. Have you called them or just looked online?

I know what its like to have anxiety issues and perhaps you would be better off going to college rather than staying at home. However I don't know you and that might not be right for you.

Don't worry though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    It appears you can one of these loans to study at the OU.