Options

Survivor: Philippines (Season 25)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise completely owned the final tribal council. She was the deserving winner. Glad she won.

Glad Lisa won the fans vote and not boring, arrogant Malcolm. It should have been Queen Abi though.

It was disheartening so see so many bitter jurors though. Especially Jonathan, Malcolm disappointed me. Fans vs Favourites next year? Is this the one with
    Brenda?

I guess there's a high chance Malcolm might be coming back for that too (boo!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad: Sheesh, Just seen the sort of confirmed list of returning contestants.

WARNING, HUGE SPOILER don't click if you dont want to know.
    Brandon Hantz is back. Is Probst incapable of a season without the dreaded Hantz name? Likewise Phillip. I dont want to see him ever again. It was bad enough he hung on as the goat in the Boston Rob Survivor. And Malcolm! Like Rupert and Russell, they didn't waste any time getting him back on screen did they. They've only just wrapped filming that. No wonder Jeff asked him if he'd do it again! Ha. Keeping a straight face as well.
    Glad to see Andrea and Brenda back though

:p Edited to add I've read a few quite different names so that may not be true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brandon Hantz WTF. He was horrible to watch on his season, in a car-crash way and not a fun way. Malcolm is a predictable choice.:rolleyes: What is the complete list again? I remembered Brenda and Corrinne who could be quite fun, and I kind of liked Angie.

Edit:I just read about
    Franceskwa:D

Suddenly this series seems worth it. Though I think the male cast list leaves a lot to be desired and is sadly predictable. I'd have asked
    Abi back over Dawn
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa is insufferable, I am absolutely not interested in her moral dilemmas. Skupin never had a chance as a returning player (same with Penner) but that wasn't addressed at the reunion. Dawson was funny, though I don't even remember her on the show.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Yay Denise. After the whole story of Matsing from the very first episode it would have felt rather disheartening if neither of them won. Plus it was nice to see an older woman win again, as they usually get neglected in survivor, often dismissed as emotional wrecks *cough*Lisa.
    Even though the season would have been perfect if Malcolm won something too, I guess Lisa deserved to win the 'Best Edit' prize. Though it's made it more obvious why viewers should never decide the winner of the game ;)
    How refreshing is it not to have a returnee in the top 2 of the fan voting.

I did rather enjoy the bitter jury, as long as they don't go too far like certain people have in the past (a couple of people from Fiji and Gabon come to mind).
    Penner always seems to bring the attention back to himself in any way he can. No matter what role he has in each season he always has to outdo everyone else at it, this time he had to be 'the most bitter juror'. :D
    Skupin was sounding way too cocky leading up to the FTC, especially when he was wanting to take Malcolm on at the end. Instead he and Lisa would have got trounced either way no matter who they brought.

Abi also voting for Denise was just the cherry on top of the cake. Makes me like her a bit more again.
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats to Denise. Was very happy for her win. She definitely deserved it the most out of that Final 3. Skupin really over-estimated his chances, and Lisa just became boring with her God talk, and I was surprised she won the Fan Fave - thought it would be between Malcolm and Penner.

Dawson planting a kiss right on Jeff's lips was pretty funny.

tally wrote: »
    And now we have 10 returnees and, as I have no will power I'm going to google and see if I can find out who. I also have no idea where the Cameroan Islands are, so my Geography knowledge will improve. :)

Caramoan Islands is Philippines still. S25 and S26 were filmed back to back.

Next season will be an interesting one because the cast has been known for months. I stupidly got caught up in the spoilering game of that season and actually was speaking to a former Survivor castaway and getting info. So not only do I know the cast but I know the final three already! It may ruin the season for me knowing that but I will try and keep any hints out of my discussion when the season is airing. :)
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really wanted Lisa to win, but Denise would of been my second choice. SO happy that Lisa won fan favourite!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, classic series of Survivor - probably the best for a few seasons. I picked Denise as my winner before the series started, but feel a little disappointed for Malcolm as he played a good game, and frustrated for Denise, as I believe she has suffered from a poor edit, reminiscent of Sophie. I wasn't elated by her win - I felt that we hadn't seen enough of her. It's as if we know she was a good player but we didn't actually see it. Skupin made an idiotic mistake in not voting out Denise at final five - and then taking Abi to FTC. Malcolm's mistake seems to be won of arrogance - he should have pushed to vote out Skupin at final five and so get rid of his biggest physical threat, In the end it cost both of them. Thought Malcolm had the fan faavourite - I quite like Lisa but am surprised she won.
  • Options
    DrDetroitDrDetroit Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I hope this is the right place for this topic.

US Reality TV show SURVIVOR just had it's Finale Sunday night.
    TOMORROW (Wednesday December 19th), I will be interviewing Survivor Contestant Michael Skupin on Couch Potato Radio.
    The time is 7pm EST/6pm CST/Midnight GMT
    at BBCouchPotatoes dot com (Click on "chat room"). Chat will be open, and Skype calls will be taken so you can ask Mike your questions.
    See you there!
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good one for Denise winning. Even Abi voted for her :eek:

Mike was SO deluded and it wasn't even funny, and I thought Lisa might have won a couple more votes because she did pretty well at FTC.

A good season after all and is better than OW (I like OW as well but this one trumps easily)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike certainly came across as deluded by his shock but on the other hand Denise wasn't shown to do anything apart from hook up with Malcolm, and the story will be edited in light of Denise's victory - yet it seems there was really nothing to show. So perhaps he isn't as deluded as he initially appears to be. He is claiming that when he voted out one particular player that person threatened to go back to Ponderosa and bad mouth him to everyone so he wouldn't win the show. Who knows? When I listened to interviews on RHAW Artis was certainly very hostile about Skupin but wouldn't reveal the reason for his intense animosity.. I'm just glad that after waiting so long to reappear he had a very good run as I always thought in Australia he could have got right to the end too, especially as strategy wasn't so advanced then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think Mike could have ever won to be honest. He's ignoring the fact that hardly anyone really liked him or respected his game, so he barely had any votes to lose. His story about Ponderosa feels like damage-control to repair his wounded ego because he thinks he's better than he is and it's a bit insulting to the jury for him to say they all can't think for themselves. lol He's also probably embarrassed because he's been telling people he won for months now. :o

Artis is still particularly mad at him for being a returnee and yet managing to be completely useless around camp, building a shelter that collapsed and not caring or doing anything much else. Ironically Mike's 1st episode edit was great but it sounds like he was losing potential jury votes from the very start.

I think the final thing that convinced me that Mike would never win the jury over was on the last reward when Mike was acting OTT and Malcolm said something like 'Who'd have thought that Mike would be entertaining' or something like that. I thought 'Even Malcolm has little respect for him' so he's got no chance with others.

Denise had to survive 6 TCs on tribes with very few numbers before the merge while Mike didn't have to do anything until the merge. If Tandang ever went to TC he would have been toast. Plus, most of his and Lisa's plans after the merge never really managed to happen either. Neither he or Lisa ever seemed to have it in them to vote eachother off like Denise/Malcolm had to, but they didn't need to because they were the goats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since the result seemed obvious to the tribe, I wonder if the edit tried to add some doubt to it to make the game seem more open. To be honest Denise's game didn't need much focus, it was basically a 'shut up and get on with it' strategy. So the edit had to give Lisa and Mike some focus to add some doubt, and then there was Denise's main doubt to win - Malcolm.

Urgh, for those that are sick of returnees, Jeff Probst has used One World (the most recent season without any returnees) as an example why returnees are needed, saying how it was a poor season. Grrr but surely Redemption Island and South Pacific were as bad or, as I think, worse. Truth is the returnees don't make or break a season, it's what goes on that counts, although it has to be said no-one can make a season predictable like a returnee can with the others falling at their feet. :yawn:

Can't we get Julie Chen to host Survivor, a host who isn't so pig-headed in their opinions? :D
    Guess we'll be seeing returnees for a while though. I suppose the worst thing it affects isn't the result or the tribe dynamics, it's the edit. I'm tired of 20 million confessionals an episode.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeff is just an idiot. One World is much better than that shit aka Redemption Island.

It's weird to see Julie Chen on Survivor though lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like One World but it was better than the shit-fest of Redemption Island, and South Pacific was just quite boring and ordinary... I prefer the non-returnees season but this years group didn't bother me too much - though the Russell focus in the beginning annoyed me. I have no problems with either full All-stars or half-all stars seasons though.

You are right though - having two or three returnees just allows the Survivor-friendly Ozzy or Rob types to dominate everything (the edit mostly). I could see them having Malcolm back three years in a row if he does okay next time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see them doing Heroes vs Villains II for S28. So if Malcolm does decent in Fans vs Faves II (and still has a heroic edit) then I definitely could see him playing three years in a row. Abi-Maria would be a shoe in for the Villains too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since we're about to embark on a fans vs faves season I wondered what everyone's favourite survivors from previous seasons were, and what sort of people would be on your personal favourites tribe (whether you were rooting for them or just found them interesting characters).

For me....
    Borneo - Greg, Colleen
    Australian Outback - first Kimmi, then Jerri
    Africa - Clarence, Frank
    Marquesas - Kathy, Sean
    Thailand - Shii Ann, Ted
    Amazon - I didn't like anyone but at a push Rob C., Heidi
    Pearl Island - Christa, Sandra
    All Stars - Shii Ann
    Vanuatu - Chris, Eliza
    Palau - Angie, Steph
    Guatemala - Danni
    Exile Island - Cirie, Aras, Shane
    Cook Island - Yul, Sundra
    Fiji - Michelle, Earl
    China - Peih-Gee, Jean-Robert
    Micronesia - Cirie, Eliza, Jason
    Gabon - Crystal
    Tocantins - Erinn, Taj
    Samoa - Liz, Mick
    Heroes vs Villains - Sandra, Jerri
    Nicaragua - Fabio
    RI - Julie
    South Pacific - Sophie, Edna
    One World - Kim
    Philippines - Denise, Malcolm

Quite a few bizarre choices in there, especially in the early seasons and also RI, but I couldn't help it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up. I think I may be on my own here but the last number of episodes where a bit of borefest. Glad that she won and was worthy winner for my money. From the trailer I seen fo FvF2 it looks like a car crash with the returnees.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since we're about to embark on a fans vs faves season I wondered what everyone's favourite survivors from previous seasons were, and what sort of people would be on your personal favourites tribe (whether you were rooting for them or just found them interesting characters).

For me....
    Borneo - Greg, Colleen
    Australian Outback - first Kimmi, then Jerri
    Africa - Clarence, Frank
    Marquesas - Kathy, Sean
    Thailand - Shii Ann, Ted
    Amazon - I didn't like anyone but at a push Rob C., Heidi
    Pearl Island - Christa, Sandra
    All Stars - Shii Ann
    Vanuatu - Chris, Eliza
    Palau - Angie, Steph
    Guatemala - Danni
    Exile Island - Cirie, Aras, Shane
    Cook Island - Yul, Sundra
    Fiji - Michelle, Earl
    China - Peih-Gee, Jean-Robert
    Micronesia - Cirie, Eliza, Jason
    Gabon - Crystal
    Tocantins - Erinn, Taj
    Samoa - Liz, Mick
    Heroes vs Villains - Sandra, Jerri
    Nicaragua - Fabio
    RI - Julie
    South Pacific - Sophie, Edna
    One World - Kim
    Philippines - Denise, Malcolm

Quite a few bizarre choices in there, especially in the early seasons and also RI, but I couldn't help it. :D

My faves from each season...

Borneo - Greg, Colleen, Richard
    Australian Outback - Jerri
    Africa - Kelly G, Kim Powers
    Marquesas - Rob, Sean, Kathy
    Thailand - Shii Ann
    Amazon - Rob C
    Pearl Island - Sandra, Fairplay
    All Stars - Boston Rob
    Vanuatu - Eliza
    Palau - Steph
    Guatemala - Gary