'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy' doing a crossover episode.

2»

Comments

• BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Lathamite wrote: »
    The Simpsons. A show I can quote verbatim from its first ten years. A show I haven't even bothered to watch in ten years. It's incredible how much its stock has fallen.

If this was a Simpsons episode it might be borderline interesting. Rubbish, but interesting.
    As it's a Family Guy episode it will just be rubbish and uninteresting.
    The recent season of The Simpsons has been much more consistent than its predecessors, though the decline in quality is noticable. Still prefer it to Family Guy however, which was a breath of fresh air when I first saw it on Channel 4 many moons ago.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recently watched Season 16-24 as i didn't watch the simpsons for a few years and although there are no classic episodes i would watch again and again, the show actually picked up on it's feet more around season 17-20. I thought having Flanders and Edna hooking up was so random but it worked, as well as having Milhouse's parents re-marry and having more recurring characters from the likes of Anne Hathaway and Zooey Deschanal who both portrayed girlfriends of Bart's.

My biggest criticism is how unfunny Sideshow bob is. He was a brilliant character in the early run, but they bring him back for an episode every season and it all seems recycled. It becomes less funny when it is always Sideshow bob trying to kill Bart again and again. They need to refresh his character at some point.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I eagerly await the "Archer" / "Bob's Burgers" crossover where Linda wonders why
    Sterling and Bob have the same voice. ;)
    Forum Member
    I eagerly await the "Archer" / "Bob's Burgers" crossover where Linda wonders why
    Sterling and Bob have the same voice. ;)

Speak of the devil....there's going to be a REAL
    A/BB crossover episode :

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/08/06/get-ready-for-an-archerbobs-burgers-crossover
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speak of the devil....there's going to be a REAL
    A/BB crossover episode :

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/08/06/get-ready-for-an-archerbobs-burgers-crossover

That article is from August 2012, and the crossover happened in Season 4 premiere which aired early this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised Sky One don't still show Family Guy. I know they used to show heavily edited versions years ago, but you'd think they'd get the upper hand for being a News Corp channel. I'm assuming FX have those rights for the 'digital multi channel' thing. How E4 got The Cleveland Show, I'll never know.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That article is from August 2012, and the crossover happened in Season 4 premiere which aired early this year.

I love those two shows, I would love to see that cross-over episode! :D
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    bassebuwa wrote: »
    I'm surprised Sky One don't still show Family Guy. I know they used to show heavily edited versions years ago, but you'd think they'd get the upper hand for being a News Corp channel. I'm assuming Fox have those rights for the 'digital multi channel' thing. How E4 got The Cleveland Show, I'll never know.
    Fixed. FX changed it's name to Fox a few months ago.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a scene with Brian and Santa's Little helper and someone remarks "well how come your dog doesn't talk, but ours does"

And i wonder if one of the simpsons will remark "so is it me, or is that baby talking", we all know that only Brian seems to be the only one who can hear Stewie talking.
    Re the point about Stewie . Maybe Grandpa Simpson will mention that and everyone will think he's even more batshit crazy than usual
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bassebuwa wrote: »
    I'm surprised Sky One don't still show Family Guy. I know they used to show heavily edited versions years ago, but you'd think they'd get the upper hand for being a News Corp channel. I'm assuming FX have those rights for the 'digital multi channel' thing. How E4 got The Cleveland Show, I'll never know.

Because they'd rather take bbc and channel 4's money maybe?

But BskyB and fox newscorp are separate companies so they'd still have to bid for the rights if they wanted it.
    Forum Member

Whoops! :o

(I don't watch "Archer", so I didn't know it had
    already happened).
  • Green FoxGreen Fox Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    See this is something that has always annoyed me about people that bash the Simpsons, they say they haven't bothered to watch in 10 years......................so how can they say if it's rubbish or not ?

Maybe because C4 showed the SAME episodes ALL the time and years before that BBC 2 did exactly the same thing. Not everyone wants SKY TV. I was bored senseless of the show. I never take Family Guy seriously, I just sit back and enjoy.

Still looking forward to it though!
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love those two shows, I would love to see that cross-over episode! :D

The crossover lasts for about 5 minutes. I saw it before watching any of Bob's Burgers so I didn't get the reference at first.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Because they'd rather take bbc and channel 4's money maybe?

But BskyB and fox newscorp are separate companies so they'd still have to bid for the rights if they wanted it.
    Fox is no longer owned by News Corp (though both are still controlled by Murdoch) - they split the company in two. The newspaper side is still News Corp, and the TV and movies side that owns Sky and Fox is 21st Century Fox.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught a glimpse of a Sky van in the background whilst a report on the Tour de France was on ITV News and the van had the 21st Century Fox logo on it. The film company and end board to any TV show will still be called 20th though, nothing's really gonna change from how it is now.
    Forum Member
    It's a pity MacFarlane and Parker/Stone don't get on, or we could have
    an American Dad! /South Park crossover to complement all these other ones.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
  • Spanner82Spanner82 Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    possible 1 hr episode!
    5 min Homer vs Peter Chicken fight.

I'm hooked already lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Spanner82 wrote: »
    possible 1 hr episode!
    5 min Homer vs Peter Chicken fight.

I'm hooked already lol

That's put me off! Such a waste of an episode with that stupid chicken lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The chicken fight gag is boring now. It was funny the first time they ever did it, but they do it once every season and it becomes pointless and no longer funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are so many parody videos on YouTube showing Peter and Homer fighting, so I imagine people will enjoy seeing them fight, as it will be like fan-fiction come to life or something.
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    There are so many parody videos on YouTube showing Peter and Homer fighting, so I imagine people will enjoy seeing them fight, as it will be like fan-fiction come to life or something.

Isn't that usually a bad sign, when a TV show becomes
    like its fan-fiction ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno, is it?

Sometimes shows become so crap, and the fan fiction is sticking to it's core values (and fans have seemingly more respect for the show than it's makers) so it could probably turn out better if given a chance over what we're given from the writers...
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be a ratings winner thats for sure