Options

The Religious Big Brother series

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
Forum Member
✭✭
So what if you could only have people of strong religious persuasion in the house.
Who would you want to see in there?
And why (oh dear ... :o)

(look, it's a quiet week :p)
I'll kick off with four obvious ones:
The Pope
Ian Paisley
Cliff Richard
The Dalai Lama

Comments

• Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as Ian Paisley is dead I assume we can have figures from the past.
    I'll chuck in this most unlikely pair of besties :cool:

Henry VIII
    David Koresh
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    David Miscavige......i'd like him to explain about Lord Xenu .....
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    No one gone for God yet :confused: Maybe the Devil too, now this could be good :cool:
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd pay huge amounts of money to have Richard Dawkins in there with them. :D
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »

yes! dawkins vs miscavige the debate
    only empirical evidence allowed :D
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    God is a bb fan, Jesus too.
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Religious persuasion is no guaranteer of knowing God. Stick me in there and I will slam religion as much as the atheist - but I will also give an account of personal knowledge and experience that has been ongoing since 2001.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p49syShi_0

Stick that in a test tube!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God is a bb fan, Jesus too.
    Seeing as God is also a DJ there might be a lot of copyright issues and a hefty PRS bill.
    And with the besandalled one there, there go the 'Big Brother will be supplying no more drinks tonight' announcements
    "we'll see about that - get the bath filled, housemates" :D
  • Options
    diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    Get "Caliph Ibrahim" out.
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    You would definitely have to throw in some of those American Preachers for Profit who claim the bible is literal, creationism is science and Jesus loves capitalism and hates the gays.
  • Options
    tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    Can we chuck Danielle back in?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Rev Richard Coles, surely; apart from going on Have I Got News for You and starting every single sentence, "As a vicar..." he is a joy to behold. (My twitter favourites is basically a compilation of things that Richard Coles said.)

Akon

Sinead O' Connor, a bit bonkers, but always interesting (and ABSOLUTELY vindicated re. her attacks on the RC church for which she was so abused.)

Bono.

Buffy Sainte-Marie (Canadian first nation musician who became a follower of Bahai, just because that sounds interesting.)

Hanif Kureishi

Tom Robinson (would be interesting anyway, but also interesting to have a practising Quaker)

Rick Wakeman

Tim Berners Lee.

• Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Rev Richard Coles, surely; apart from going on Have I Got News for You and starting every single sentence, "As a vicar..." he is a joy to behold. (My twitter favourites is basically a compilation of things that Richard Coles said.)

Akon

Sinead O' Connor, a bit bonkers, but always interesting (and ABSOLUTELY vindicated re. her attacks on the RC church for which she was so abused.)

Bono.

Buffy Sainte-Marie (Canadian first nation musician who became a follower of Bahai, just because that sounds interesting.)

Hanif Kureishi

Tom Robinson (would be interesting anyway, but also interesting to have a practising Quaker)

Rick Wakeman

Tim Berners Lee.

Great choices.

I'd also add David Miscavige - although I suspect legally he would give barely anything away.

Juliette Lewis - BATSHIT crazy

Justin Welby
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice left-field choices Wonkey!
    You have a full show almost. :)
    Sort of pre-empted another thread to follow this one ... as you'll see (I'll carry them over for you).
    Didn't realise about Tom Robinson being a Quaker.
    I met Buffy St Marie once and she'd make a fine housemate in this circle - she's extremely intelligent.

I'll throw in St Francis of Assissi as he could argue how most Christian religion is continents away from the original premise, And BB could re-introduce the chickens, 'cos he'd look after them :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Buffy St Marie once and she'd make a fine housemate in this circle - she's extremely intelligent.

That's kind of impressive.
    I'll throw in St Francis of Assissi as he could argue how most Christian religion is continents away from the original premise, And BB could re-introduce the chickens, 'cos he'd look after them :D

Well we did have Wolfy Millington. But Francis of Assissi might be a better choice.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sutie wrote: »

If Dawkins was in there with God he would be obliged to ignore God as he doesn't think that God exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    If Dawkins was in there with God he would be obliged to ignore God as he doesn't think that God exists.
    :o:o:o That's one nomination a week gone then :D
    and what happens if Dawkins is in charge of the shopping - he'd have to ignore God's requests. That'd cause trouble.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is looking very male orientated, I would like to see Mary mother of Jesus in there, she could get very drunk one night on the water which Jesus turns into wine and then send him to bed early and tell the other housemates the truth about that virgin birth thing :D
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    :o:o:o That's one nomination a week gone then :D
    and what happens if Dawkins is in charge of the shopping - he'd have to ignore God's requests. That'd cause trouble.
    God's attitude to food would be likely to get him into trouble anyway...

"My first nomination is God. All his food has to be ridiculously overdone to the point of being burnt, and then you have to present him with it. The place stinks and he never helps out.

"Also he keeps refusing to hand out bread from his personal stash. He just says 'Man may not live by bread alone.' Well it's that or the effing chickpeas, mate."

Speaking of burning, how about Joan of Arc as an HM? I can't see her wussing out of any messy or endurance-based tasks at any rate. Might clash with Buddha if he's there.

Also Joseph Smith and at least five men who claim to be Jesus.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great thread! May as well throw David Icke in the house as well - he is a nutter so should liven things up a bit :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trumbles wrote: »
    "Also he keeps refusing to hand out bread from his personal stash. He just says 'Man may not live by bread alone.' Well it's that or the effing chickpeas, mate."
    It's rather early to have tears of laughter streaming down my face, but thanks :D:D:D:D
    jeanoj wrote: »
    May as well throw David Icke in the house as well - he is a nutter so should liven things up a bit
    Grand call :o:o:D:D:D
  • Options
    previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can just see Ian Paisley doing the shopping list;
    "So that's none of the devil's chocolate, none of the devil's wine , none of the devil's cigarettes, none of the devil's cosmetics none of the devil's Coca Cola and DEFINITELY NO INCENSE.
  • Options
    miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Scout66 wrote: »
    You would definitely have to throw in some of those American Preachers for Profit who claim the bible is literal, creationism is science and Jesus loves capitalism and hates the gays.

Would Shirley Phelps do?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just looked her up (Shirley Phelps-Roper)
    She's gotta go in :D:D:D
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    The Phelps family

Jim Bakker ( disgraced televangelist who committed embezzlement and adultery)