Albums that should have had more singles/less singles

2»

Comments

• StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I think if Cheyl released Call My Name in the States this summer off the back of the wave Calvin Harris is riding...in fact she could just release another single off A Million Lights here in the UK, it wouldnt be *that* unprecedented and if it was a weak week for releases...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Albums that should have had more singles:

The Saturdays - On Your Radar

Christina Aguilera - Bionic / Lotus

Cheryl - 3 Words

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Not Enough

Kylie Minogue - Kylie Minogue
    Kylie Minogue - Light Years
    Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite
    Pet Shop Boys - Yes
    Girls Aloud - Tangled Up
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Read My Lips
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Trip The Light Fantastic
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Make A Scene

I like all those, except Girls Aloud.

Kylie is a goddess.

One legendary group, that didn't have enough singles was The System.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=58292652&postcount=183
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=59834121&postcount=304

It's a shame they never got the recognition they deserved, as in being one of the pioneers of electronic music, taking on essentially after Kraftwerk.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big believer in singles, singles, singles! Beyoncé, Katy, Michael, Gaga, and the likes had the right idea. Singles sell albums and so many albums have amazing tracks that go un-noticed by the general public and could results in thousands more album sales. The tracks left on the album are usually more experimental in nature which could attract extra fans are help decide a change in the artist's sound but a lot of the time they can be in-keeping with the artist's sound and baffling that they can be forgotten! :confused: I know there is more to the music industry than just releasing single after single; there are budgets and politics and schedules, but promotional singles can be effective things!

Girls Aloud
    Tangled Up: Girl Overboard, Fling, Close to Love would have been better than Can't Speak French, and deserved single status in general. The album sold well, it would be more of just a great addition to their singles discography.
    Out of Control: Another big seller already, and Untouchable seemed like it was to be the closer of the singles campaign, but Miss You Bow Wow and Love is Pain are just amazing in my book. I love how MYBW is just such a rollercoaster ride and it kills me that it is so unknown in the general public. Very experimental, though.
    Ten: On the Metro and Every Now and Then. Pop brilliance. They should have made videos and used them for tour promo and just to cement themselves with brilliant pop songs to end their career. BCYLM was alright, it served the point that they were versatile, but OTM and ENAT just sum up Girls Aloud so well!

Leona Lewis
    Echo: Brave should have opened the album. Can't Breathe, Don't Let Me Down, Outta My Head, and then Happy would have been the perfect singles campaign to me. They shot themselves in the foot by expecting to sell on the Bleeding Love name alone.
    Glassheart: Collide should have been the pre-release (sans controversy/law-suit, obviously) then Glassheart the week before album release, followed by LoveBird, Come Alive and Fireflies (in any order)
    Leona's management got scared both times, though. She needs to be seen as a seller/success, but they're killing her career with their fear.

Cheryl Cole
    Messy Little Raindrops: Waiting, Hummingbird and Happy Tears are great Pop songs!
    A Million Lights: Sexy Den A Mutha, Craziest Things and Ghetto Baby are also great Pop songs! CMN, UTS, GB, CT and SDAM would be a good order spaced out over a year. CMN gets Summer, UTS starts to wind down Summer, GB has an Autumnal feel to it, CT has early January written all over it, and then SDAM gets March or April just before Summer.

Britney Spears
    Blackout: Toy Soldier, Get Naked, and Heaven on Earth! Awesome album for hidden gems!
    Circus: Unusual U (Single in Australia, I believe), Rock Me In, Amnesia and/or Quicksand! It's criminal these were only Deluxe/Regional tracks!
    Femme Fatale: Trip to Your Heart and How I Roll would have been great! Quite experimental in nature and could have won over new fans. Released near the end of the campaign they would have nothing to lose really. Britney doesn't promote anyways so if she just recorded simple videos they would sell what they would on the back of popularity.

In case you didn't notice, I love pop music... ;):D :cool:
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Beyonce's I Am Sasha Fierce had enough singles. I think she could have released more.

Anyway...
    Pixie Lott's Turn It Up: Louder.
    Wow, she really missed potential hits with this. Firstly, I don't know what her record label were thinking when they released Broken Arrow. She should have released Coming Home, the duet with Jason Derulo. I still don't know why they didn't even after the song made it to the top 30 on iTunes from downloads alone when the album was officially released.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    NOT ENOUGH SINGLES

CRAZYSEXYCOOL ALBUM BY TLC.
    the album was one of the biggest selling album of the 90s, it had four single, but I think they more
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marion - This World And Body. Just about every track a pure gem.