Options

Echostar HDs 600rs Channel Change by Itself

Hi im on the 123r firmware i have only had the box for just over a week and all of a sudden it has just started to change channels all by itself say im watching bbc 1 it can be ok for say 25 mins then itll jump to more 4 or four 7 then come to a stop on a completely diferent channel say itv2 and just stay there ?
very annoying i have tried a factory reset also i have tried disable the sling settings i disabled evrything still the same i want to try a down grade via usb to 122r but i cant find the file its only 123r on the echosrat website ?
Please can some 1 help
Cheers
also forgot to mention im on a single lnb so im using it in single tuner mode , i also took the batteries out of the remote to see if it was the remote but it still changed over the channel by itself

Comments

• Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Yeah I had this happen to me too, and among a couple of other issues including lock ups while recording and using iplayer I decided enough was enough and took mine back for a refund and am going to get a G2 spec Freesat box instead.
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ricky006 wrote: »
    Hi im on the 123r firmware i have only had the box for just over a week and all of a sudden it has just started to change channels all by itself say im watching bbc 1 it can be ok for say 25 mins then itll jump to more 4 or four 7 then come to a stop on a completely diferent channel say itv2 and just stay there
    Waste of time trying to step back to 122R as you will encounter the same problem.

When its happened to me I reset the remote and then switch off and back on and that does cure it for a week or so.

Sometimes these designers try to be too clever by half.

Here is a simple solution { although it should not be necessary in the first place } that may or may not work on your unit.

Re-pairing the remote & HDS-600RS: WITHOUT re-setting everything

- Point the remote at the unit
    - Press & hold down the “right” and “OK” key for Five seconds
    - LED { on remote control } will flash twice
    - Unit should now respond to the remote.

123R has made series recordings a lot better although its not 100% accurate so with any luck at some later date they may bring out a new version that irons out some of the bugs.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Wbc-Worker wrote: »
    Waste of time trying to step back to 122R as you will encounter the same problem.

When its happened to me I reset the remote and then switch off and back on and that does cure it for a week or so.

Sometimes these designers try to be too clever by half.

Here is a simple solution { although it should not be necessary in the first place } that may or may not work on your unit.

Re-pairing the remote & HDS-600RS: WITHOUT re-setting everything

- Point the remote at the unit
    - Press & hold down the “right” and “OK” key for Five seconds
    - LED { on remote control } will flash twice
    - Unit should now respond to the remote.

123R has made series recordings a lot better although its not 100% accurate so with any luck at some later date they may bring out a new version that irons out some of the bugs.

I cannot see how re-pairing the remote & unit is going to solve the OP'a problem as It's not a remote issue that the OP is talking about, it's the random changing of channels that the box does by itself without even touching the remote.
    Your sat there happily watching your favourite program, then all of a sudden it changes to a completely different channel all by itself.:eek:
  • Options
    Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I cannot see how re-pairing the remote & unit is going to solve the OP'a problem as It's not a remote issue that the OP is talking about, it's the random changing of channels that the box does by itself without even touching the remote.
    Your sat there happily watching your favourite program, then all of a sudden it changes to a completely different channel all by itself.:eek:

I don't build the units all I know is there is a bug in the system and the only way I have found to solve is was that way - you have already stated you returned your box so you cant have much experience of it - I do.

Its not the remote that is important but the receiver which for some reason will go haywire and will at a certain stage not accept any commands from the remote until it picks up a override code.

people can try to find their own solution all I know is it works for me.