HBO Go, ESPN, FOX etc

Is it at all possible to watch HBO Go, ESPN, FOX and other American streaming sites using a DNS in the UK? What about other content from around the world? I used to have a motorised satellite dish and as part of a hobby I used to enjoying watching TV from around the world but these days it seems to be all web based now. I am not too worried about the cost but it would be nice to get access to these sites and watch them. :) Does anyone on here have these sites?

Comments

• Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    It is possible but you have to jump through hoops, regarding paying for them if their subscription based. You can use a service like "Un Block US" (others available) to access the content, its just paying is a pain.
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the reply, does anyone know how to get this site to work in the UK?

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/

It does not require you to pay and I got a feeling that it would work with the right DNS, anyone have a solution? I tried it with Smart DNS set on a couple of different regions but it just gives an error.
  • ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @NewGamesOfToday, absolutely. Have a look at this site and check out the reviews on the top menu. All of the services reviewed work through OverPlay's Smart DNS, and this includes a mix of US and UK FTA catch-up services.

Plus7 is the only Australian FTA they don't currently support, but I believe that omission will be short lived.
    Forum Member
    ovbg wrote: »
    @NewGamesOfToday, absolutely. Have a look at this site and check out the reviews on the top menu. All of the services reviewed work through OverPlay's Smart DNS, and this includes a mix of US and UK FTA catch-up services.

Plus7 is the only Australian FTA they don't currently support, but I believe that omission will be short lived.

Could I get Plus 7 with any other service? I have been trying unotelly but i'm not having much luck. I really wanted to get this one working :(

Edit: I got it working now with unotelly :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it at all possible to watch HBO Go, ESPN, FOX and other American streaming sites using a DNS in the UK? What about other content from around the world? I used to have a motorised satellite dish and as part of a hobby I used to enjoying watching TV from around the world but these days it seems to be all web based now. I am not too worried about the cost but it would be nice to get access to these sites and watch them. :) Does anyone on here have these sites?

Yes you can and it's ace! I have a Comcast xfinity login so have hbo, fox, nbc live sports extra, espn, etc etc etc
  • gothergother Posts: 14,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avoid Overplay op it's a waste of time and no free trial either, try unblockus instead it's much more stabler in my experience. Also you get a 7 day free trial no card needed.
    Maybe i was just unlucky with Overplay.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Yeah I've been using www.unblock-us.com to watch the new season of 24 on Fox, I've also used it for watching shows on abc.com too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Yeah I've been using www.unblock-us.com to watch the new season of 24 on Fox, I've also used it for watching shows on abc.com too.

Just discovered that i can pay for huluplus via my roku account and i get 2 months free too lol. Only bought the roku today and love it.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to drop unblockus & go with unotelly instead because they've got more channels (better for playon) & you can take out a yearly sub instead of monthly payments! :cool: ... It's been rock solid so far! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I decided to drop unblockus & go with unotelly instead because they've got more channels (better for playon) & you can take out a yearly sub instead of monthly payments! :cool: ... It's been rock solid so far! :)

I went the opposite direction lol from unotelly to unblockus as was having trouble with netflix canada and zattoo aswell as Australian channels with unotelly. All work perfectly with unblock (for now.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I went the opposite direction lol from unotelly to unblockus as was having trouble with netflix canada and zattoo aswell as Australian channels with unotelly. All work perfectly with unblock (for now.)

Oh! .... There's nowt wrong with unblockus! :blush: ... I was with em for nearly 6 month! ... Didn't have a single problem with their dns / vpn & the customer service is top notch! :cool: ... I just wanted more channels & unotelly fits the bill perfectly! :)

PS, I'm using as my unotelly global DNS servers! ....

(1st) United Kingdom / (2nd) France & (3rd) Ireland is that correct? :blush:
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here is a good proxy server site for you www.hidemyass.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Oh! .... There's nowt wrong with unblockus! :blush: ... I was with em for nearly 6 month! ... Didn't have a single problem with their dns / vpn & the customer service is top notch! :cool: ... I just wanted more channels & unotelly fits the bill perfectly! :)

PS, I'm using as my unotelly global DNS servers! ....

(1st) United Kingdom / (2nd) France & (3rd) Ireland is that correct? :blush:

With unotelly i used to have 1st set as ireland as it's dynamo and the 2nd set as Calafornia. I never had a 3rd set up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daniel99 wrote: »
    here is a good proxy server site for you www.hidemyass.com

Not bad but smart dns tends to be faster than VPNS.
    Forum Member

How does the Australian Ten Player perform in the UK with UnblockUS? I tried it last night a few times with UnoTelly trying to watch Neighbours but it was not very good it was all blury where Plus 7 works great.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    akki007 wrote: »
    Yes you can and it's ace! I have a Comcast xfinity login so have hbo, fox, nbc live sports extra, espn, etc etc etc

How did you get a log in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does the Australian Ten Player perform in the UK with UnblockUS? I tried it last night a few times with UnoTelly trying to watch Neighbours but it was not very good it was all blury where Plus 7 works great.

Works fine for me never had a issue it can take a bit of time for the programme to load up though.
    plus 7 doesn't seem to work on unblock lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    How did you get a log in?

I'd like to know this too, unless he has family in the states who let him use their log in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With unotelly i used to have 1st set as ireland as it's dynamo and the 2nd set as Calafornia. I never had a 3rd set up.

Yep! :blush: I couldn't switch regions on netflix because UK isn't dynamo so I've changed my selection to Ireland & Germany (default) ... Everything works now! :)

& that plus7 channel (like many others) ain't supported via unblockus only unotelly ATM! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know this too, unless he has family in the states who let him use their log in.

Yeah.... We'll stick with that one for now!