Options

HDR 1000S and Dish Alignment

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
Forum Member
I've just ordered a 1000S and planning to fit a twin lnb to my non sky dish. This is the first sat pvr I've owned - the dish I have is connected to a basic Technomate box that my wife uses for a few French/Spanish FTA stations. I was planning to fit a twin lnb and cable whilst the Humax is delivered but I've just read that on Sky and Freesat boxes there is a Signal Test screen. I installed the dish myself but not convinced it is pointing in the right place or what it is pointing at! (The sat box says the sats are 9.0E Europbird, 13.0E Hotbird, 19.2E Astra 1 and 28.2E Freesat/Astra). When I take the existing single output lnb off and replace it I will have to re-align the dish to, I believe 28.2E. Will the 1000S have this Test page? If so it should make my alignment a bit more scientific (know what I'm pointing to) and hopefully easier.

Comments

• Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quarkrad wrote: »
    I've just ordered a 1000S and planning to fit a twin lnb to my non sky dish. This is the first sat pvr I've owned - the dish I have is connected to a basic Technomate box that my wife uses for a few French/Spanish FTA stations. I was planning to fit a twin lnb and cable whilst the Humax is delivered but I've just read that on Sky and Freesat boxes there is a Signal Test screen. I installed the dish myself but not convinced it is pointing in the right place or what it is pointing at! (The sat box says the sats are 9.0E Europbird, 13.0E Hotbird, 19.2E Astra 1 and 28.2E Freesat/Astra). When I take the existing single output lnb off and replace it I will have to re-align the dish to, I believe 28.2E. Will the 1000S have this Test page? If so it should make my alignment a bit more scientific (know what I'm pointing to) and hopefully easier.

You need to align the dish between 28.2 and 28.5.
    The site will be of some assistance dishpointer.