Who Was The Woman In The Shop?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with them. They're there for untagged spoilers for anyone who wants to partake.

What exactly is wrong with just not opening spoiler tags if you want to avoid spoilers? It's the easiest way for everyone to be happy, but you seem intent on things running to your liking and yours alone.

And who was it that told you this, did you ask a moderator perhaps, or an old forum member, or was it something you've worked out yourself since Oct 2013?

And you still haven't really answered the question. The spoiler thread is there for anyone who wants to partake, correct, as obvious as that, so posting spoilers outside of that thread is for what? Those who want to partake, but not with other people who want to partake? Those who want to partake with people who don't want to partake?

Why do you think the members of this forum created the spoiler threads in the first place? Do you even use them, you don't seem to be aware that spoiler tags are usually used in them to conceal specific plot details, dialogue, etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    what exactly am i making up? The way spoiler tagging has been used, erm no I'm not! What are spoiler tags for then if bot to hide spoilers from those who don't want to see them.

blimey you're aggressive and the reason people haven't answered you is probably because you seem the type who only want to hear what you want to hear, have a bee in your bonnet and frankly trying to mess with what has always been done on here.

bottom line, if you don't want to see a spoiler don't click on it

Several days ago I politely asked a few people sharing plot details obtained from the leaked scripts/episode outside of the spoilers thread to stop doing so. That's all.

For that I'm now receiving abuse and personal attacks from a handful of you. Actually it looks like just two possible three. And you now think it is me that is being aggressive.

Bottom line, is that the forum rules are set by DS. Whatever you think they are doesn't matter in the slightest. Whenever I've been unsure about a forum policy, especially something as obviously sensitive as spoilers, I've asked a moderator, as I did again on this occasion. Have you done the same, or are you just deciding matters for yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Koquillion wrote: »
    Is it the heat that is causing all this pointless annoyance?

bites biccy with slightly melted choc

[HOMER]
    hmmm... melted chocolate
    [/HOMER]
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the arguing amongst yourselves? Discussion has become a war, absolutely nothing.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    Several days ago I politely asked a few people sharing plot details obtained from the leaked scripts/episode outside of the spoilers thread to stop doing so. That's all.

For that I'm now receiving abuse and personal attacks from a handful of you. Actually it looks like just two possible three. And you now think it is me that is being aggressive.

Bottom line, is that the forum rules are set by DS. Whatever you think they are doesn't matter in the slightest. Whenever I've been unsure about a forum policy, especially something as obviously sensitive as spoilers, I've asked a moderator, as I did again on this occasion. Have you done the same, or are you just deciding matters for yourself.

what are spoiler tags for, what are they there for with there big opaque S, if DS rules say no spoilers why provide spoiler tags???

You need to chill and engage your will power!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what are spoiler tags for, what are they there for with there big opaque S, if DS rules say no spoilers why provide spoiler tags???

You need to chill and engage your will power!

I have will power thank you. Many people don't, or don't want threads to be taken over with invisible conversations in spoiler tags. That's the reason we created spoiler threads and have done for many years.

You'll find the spoiler tag is still used inside the spoiler threads to hide specific details. Users sometimes post mild spoilers outside in the tag, and if everyone is sensible that's fine. Disclosing plot details from leaked material is not, as it may ruin peoples enjoyment of the show.

Thank you for your concern, I'm already very chilled. If you're still confused about the DS rules, why don't you ask a moderator rather than continue guessing or making your own assumptions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    Why the arguing amongst yourselves? Discussion has become a war, absolutely nothing.

I Know :O I Think This Is All The Woman In The Shop's Fault :|
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The woman in the shop is...
    me.
    Forum Member
    The woman in the shop is...
    me.

lol Then Could You Pm The TARDIS Number? x)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol Then Could You Pm The TARDIS Number? x)

No problem. You'll get it sometime last year, it's a time machine, work it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is no blame, only an awareness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Ok so thinking completely outside the (blue) box the woman could be
    Donna noble not even realising she gave the tardis no

Further outside the box
    the doctor herself a future female incarnation

And cus no one said it yet
    the Rani
    Forum Member
    Ok so thinking completely outside the (blue) box the woman could be
    Donna noble not even realising she gave the tardis no

I Love This Idea!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have will power thank you. Many people don't, or don't want threads to be taken over with invisible conversations in spoiler tags. That's the reason we created spoiler threads and have done for many years.

You'll find the spoiler tag is still used inside the spoiler threads to hide specific details. Users sometimes post mild spoilers outside in the tag, and if everyone is sensible that's fine. Disclosing plot details from leaked material is not, as it may ruin peoples enjoyment of the show.

Thank you for your concern, I'm already very chilled. If you're still confused about the DS rules, why don't you ask a moderator rather than continue guessing or making your own assumptions.

better still, why don't you link to the relevant rule that stipulates the use of spoiler tags and so called spoiler threads.

frankly i don't give a toss, i don't click on spoilers that i suspect are genuine, particularly around this time of year so nothing is spoiled for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    better still, why don't you link to the relevant rule that stipulates the use of spoiler tags and so called spoiler threads.

frankly i don't give a toss, i don't click on spoilers that i suspect are genuine, particularly around this time of year so nothing is spoiled for me.

As I've now explained many times, the matter that I objected to was people using the spoiler tags to post information from the leaked episode and scripts. Posting gross spoilers (aka ruiners) outside spoiler threads is inconsiderate and in past years when people have been heavy with the spoilers they've also been advised not to do so. As you can see above, people use spoiler tags in all kinds of ways. Using them to share details from the scripts is unnecessary, and the spoiler threads were created to avoid such problems.

The ruling for this was added to the pinned notice on this subforum yesterday. Read it as many times as you like. If you ever want to know when something is inappropriate to share in a spoiler tag, or any other matter of forum etiquette, ask a moderator.

But you've confirmed what I suspected, you "don't give a toss". I guess "I don't give a toss" if finally your response as to why anyone finds it necessary to share such spoilers outside of the spoilers thread, because still no one has given me a reason why they would want to. With that attitude, you'll probably be speaking to a moderator whether you want to or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've now explained many times, the matter that I objected to was people using the spoiler tags to post information from the leaked episode and scripts. Posting gross spoilers (aka ruiners) outside spoiler threads is inconsiderate and in past years when people have been heavy with the spoilers they've also been advised not to do so. It is the reason why the spoiler threads are there.

The ruling for this was added to the pinned notice on this subforum yesterday. Read it as many times as you like. If you ever want to know when something is inappropriate to share in a spoiler tag, or any other matter of forum etiquette, ask a moderator.

But you've confirmed what I suspected, you "don't give a toss". I guess "I don't give a toss" if finally your response as to why anyone finds it necessary to share such spoilers outside of the spoilers thread, because still no one has given me a reason why they would want to. With that attitude, you'll probably be speaking to a moderator whether you want to or not.

And there's me thinking you WERE a mod.

You are the only one I have seen objecting to something being spoiled in spoiler tags. I think that speaks volumes!!

Interested to know why you think I may be speaking to a mod anytime soon 'whether you want to or not'!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And there's me thinking you WERE a mod.

You are the only one I have seen objecting to something being spoiled in spoiler tags. I think that speaks volumes!!

Interested to know why you think I may be speaking to a mod anytime soon 'whether you want to or not'!!

I know many people who are avoiding the forums because of this problem. It would be nice if by August 23rd, they felt they could return to talk about the episodes as they are shown rather than have to wait until the end of September when the last leaked script will have aired.

No, I'm not a mod. Just a user who has been on this site since before the show returned (one day I'll find the details for my old account...). Long enough to remember how the forum handled the Rose leak. I do find it interesting that you still want to keep arguing with me over this, I backed away from any confrontation quite quickly yesterday and simply referred it to a moderator. You seem to have a problem accepting that the matter has been settled.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    And another person who dodges the question of why spoilers shouldn't be using the spoiler threads. I'm getting personal attacks now, but no wants to answer the obvious question at the heart of the matter.

What exactly is wrong with the spoiler threads that have been created for this purpose?

Nothing is wrong with using the spoiler threads for spoilers.

But why would you need spoiler tags if all spoilers were in spoiler threads? It seems to me that spoiler tags are there for people to discuss things in all threads in a considerate manner.

Spoilers really don't need to be tagged if the thread header states as much.

And I agree with other posters here - using the temptation argument is lazy and selfish. If you click and get spoiled it is entirely your own responsibility. People have to stop blaming their own lack of character or their own failings on others and start taking some responsibility for themselves.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    As I've now explained many times, the matter that I objected to was people using the spoiler tags to post information from the leaked episode and scripts. Posting gross spoilers (aka ruiners) outside spoiler threads is inconsiderate and in past years when people have been heavy with the spoilers they've also been advised not to do so. As you can see above, people use spoiler tags in all kinds of ways. Using them to share details from the scripts is unnecessary, and the spoiler threads were created to avoid such problems.

Because it can be part of a conversation. That's the only reason you need. And the spoiler tags are there to allow that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Nothing is wrong with using the spoiler threads for spoilers.

But why would you need spoiler tags if all spoilers were in spoiler threads? It seems to me that spoiler tags are there for people to discuss things in all threads in a considerate manner.

Spoilers really don't need to be tagged if the thread header states as much.

And I agree with other posters here - using the temptation argument is lazy and selfish. If you click and get spoiled it is entirely your own responsibility. People have to stop blaming their own lack of character or their own failings on others and start taking some responsibility for themselves.

I think I agree that "temptation" probably wasn't the best word to use, but it does happen and users should still be considerate of it. It's really about misunderstandings, and they do and have happened many, many times. Even in this thread, you can see that people are using spoiler tags for things that aren't really spoilers (see post #88). For those trying to avoid details from the leaks, the forum is a minefield.

Now the response for that might be to say we should have guidelines about how to use the spoiler tags and what exactly a spoiler is. That conversation has been had before, and the forums response to it was the spoiler thread, it's simple and it works.

To repeat again, I don't mind mild spoilers in general threads, most users are sensible. What isn't acceptable is people using the spoiler tags to post specific plot details gained from the leaks and it is that specific problem where I have raised a concern.

Spoiler threads were created for those that want to talk about such details, and anyone using them will know that they can do so safely with others of a like mind. Even in there the most considerate users will still use spoiler tags, when they have something that they think might be too "spoilery", along with a warning in the clear warning as to the level of disclosure.

Now given the huge size of the leak, is there really any problem with asking everyone now to be more considerate of the majority who are trying to avoid those details.
  • scottishjamesscottishjames Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Clara herself
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Because it can be part of a conversation. That's the only reason you need. And the spoiler tags are there to allow that.

So the threads would end up with two conversations running in parallel. One in the clear and a second taking place hidden in spoiler tags. If just one or two users make a post such as #88, then misunderstandings happen and people are likely to end up seeing details they would rather avoid.

Sounds safer to me to just use the spoiler threads where that couldn't happen.
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again though...the world does not revolve around you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread reminds me of Eric Cartman of South Park, You will respect my authoritah.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clara herself
    The real Clara?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.