Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why weren't Stella and Gail (aka step-grandmothers-of-the-year) alerted to Simon's disappearance?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked at Steve Macdonald tonight and wondered how he could bear to do such rubbish stuff.

That bit in the cafe where he pinched one of Dennis' chips was just like panto stuff. Oh well, I guess he's well paid for doing it.:rolleyes:
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    The same question applies to Emmerdale and why characters are paying Bob a couple of quid to rustle up a cup of frothy coffee when the front door to their cottage and a jar of Nescafe Blend 37 is merely yards away :eek:

Yes, I know this is a Corrie thread, but I have noticed this in Emmerdale a lot lately too! Thought it was especially ridiculous the other night when Edna walked into the café with her poorly dog under her arm, saying she was too ill to be left at home! Err, stay there and have your coffee there, it's only yards away!
    junnja wrote: »
    I have watched Corrie for over 40 years, and was brought up on it. It is the only soap I've ever watched. But it is with great sadness, that I have to say, at the moment, everything about is getting right on my nerves. It has absolutely no interesting, or endearing qualities about it whatsoever, these days. It is actually getting painful to watch. :(

I agree with you completely! I've been watching for over 30 years and I am finding it irritating to watch more than enjoyable of late! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I know this is a Corrie thread, but I have noticed this in Emmerdale a lot lately too! Thought it was especially ridiculous the other night when Edna walked into the café with her poorly dog under her arm, saying she was too ill to be left at home! Err, stay there and have your coffee there, it's only yards away!

I agree with you completely! I've been watching for over 30 years and I am finding it irritating to watch more than enjoyable of late! :(

I've been watching for donkeys years too and Corrie very nearly lost me when all that David Platt and Gail's mad husband stuff was going on. It was just totally ridiculous and I stopped watching for months. I got back into it at tram crash time and am just about hanging on in there. Thing is I wantto like it but some characters are dreadful.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    How did Simon know which terminal to go to when looking for his dad? Do the producers expect us to believe that?
    He just happened to run into him and find them both before leaving! :rolleyes:

Goodness me, the double-bill last night was something else. What's up with Kirk attempting to flog off turkeys? About as ludicrous as Karl and the Chinese smoke detector business. Who on earth on the street would want to buy knock-off poultry? There are 101 other ways to make quick cash.

Kirky is also sharing the profits with Craig, on top of buying a new mobile phone, so can he really afford to pay the bills, the necklace and the earrings? He would need to put the prices up, but that might turn away customer. Plus even if he gets the cash, can he guarantee getting the jewellery P+P for the big day? Beth saw the necklace on a mag advertisement, so you would assume it isn't a local.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    [/B]

I've been watching for donkeys years too and Corrie very nearly lost me when all that David Platt and Gail's mad husband stuff was going on. It was just totally ridiculous and I stopped watching for months. I got back into it at tram crash time and am just about hanging on in there. Thing is I wantto like it but some characters are dreadful.

You've hit the nail on the head here - I think most of us are in just that position - hanging in there and hoping! :cry:
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Simon know which terminal to go to when looking for his dad? Do the producers expect us to believe that?

Simples, to qoute a word (:D)

There's only one flight a day at Weatherfield International and that's to or from the destination that the s/l leads us to....
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    chestfield wrote: »

There's only one flight a day at Weatherfield International and that's to or from the destination that the s/l leads us to....

And would a bus driver not have queried a little lad like Simon being on a bus by himself?
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Beth saw the necklace on a mag advertisement, so you would assume it isn't a local.
    A well-known High Street chain H. S***** advertises in magazines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    You've hit the nail on the head here - I think most of us are in just that position - hanging in there and hoping! :cry:

Let's hope the Corrie producers are reading this today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And another thing. What's all this Eileen and Paul going out with, and setting up double dates for, Stella. When did they become best mates? :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Let's hope the Corrie producers are reading this today.

This thread has been running for a considerable time ... but a look at it's history will reveal that in recent months simple SORs are beginning to be replaced by simply ridiculous scenes.

We can only hope ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Has Carla left for good?

I hope so. She's only been back two days, and I'm sick of lookin' at that face already. What a misery.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to Leanne nick wedding, will they marry or won't they. We already know she doesn't love him. She sees him as a save bet. And looking at what happens next week. It goes into ridiculous territory.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I think we'll see Alison King quit within the next year or 18 months.

I don't understand how they're going to write her out of this corner where she can't clearly cope after 6 years of tragedy, the character is screaming to be written out.

Unfortunately the writers seem to have written themselves into a corner with Carla - she's made it clear how she can never be happy living in Weatherfield (fair enough - she's more tragedy in her life than most of the other characters put together). Were she to return on a permanent basis, it would be difficult for viewers to accept her decision to live somewhere she so clearly hates.

It makes perfect sense for her to want to sell up and move to the States.
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    A well-known High Street chain H. S***** advertises in magazines.

Usually jewellery and things that are sold in magazines can be paid for by interest free instalments, surely Kirky (as he now seems to called) is not that hard up he couldn't afford the first instalment so that she could get it for Xmas. Just wondering also about the butchers, why has he still got keys, I thought Ashley got rid of him before he was killed? Would he really just be able to open up and use the place? Can't stand Kirk, him and Beth are too stupid for words, and her son just cannot act.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »

Which would account for the surprisingly low number of other people around the place.
    Matt35 wrote: »
    With regards to Leanne nick wedding, will they marry or won't they. We already know she doesn't love him. She sees him as a save bet. And looking at what happens next week. It goes into ridiculous territory.

As with last year, you can always plan for an impossible "wedding" if it's not going to take place. There's a clue there. :)

And no, it's not a spoiler, because I'm only speculating.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So kirk manages to get an industrial size freezer from room to operating temperatures on the power from a domestic 13 amp socket? And then keep it running.

And then, after kirk and craig, heavily muffles, complain about the cold, beth wanders in in a summer dress and is perfectly comfortable?

Actually, I do wonder whether that was a joke by the writers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    So kirk manages to get an industrial size freezer from room to operating temperatures on the power from a domestic 13 amp socket? And then keep it running.

And then, after kirk and craig, heavily muffles, complain about the cold, beth wanders in in a summer dress and is perfectly comfortable?

Actually, I do wonder whether that was a joke by the writers.

Given my ongoing loyalty to Corrie, this is my last hope - that much of this latest mayhem is attempted comedy ... if so, though, it's missing its mark.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Wouldnt the school keep an eye on simon as this isnt the first time hes ran away from school?

When i was at primary school a girl ran away and got all the way home. After that they kept a close eye on her and took measures to make sure nobody else could get out. Bessie street obviously hasnt done anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catching up with a week's Corrie ...

Rita has just banned Steve from The Kabin - the writers really have forgotten that she doesn't own it any more, haven't they.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I thought I was watching an old episode of Dad's Army last night. The platoon were all dressed up as lollipop men. :rolleyes:
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peaches41 wrote: »
    And would a bus driver not have queried a little lad like Simon being on a bus by himself?

He managed on a bendy bus so a regular bus would be a doddle!
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Then you have Peter walking away with Simon and not a case in sight. Your case can not go on a plane if you are not on it.

You have to remember this is Simon who found his way back from Blackpool all on his own....that kids a walking sat nav :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a real problem developing here (or maybe the programme's saving) ... the meerkat scenes are better acted and scripted than the programme!
This discussion has been closed.