Options

Plus size women,accepted your size,like me?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not happy with my weight at the moment, I joined weight watchers after a couple of weeks ago after being motivated by a particularly terrible holiday photo but am a bit disillusioned with it. You have to weigh everything and enter the portion sizes in the database and it's all just a bit of a faff to be quite honest. I don't think I'll renew my membership but will hopefully start cycling now it's getting warmer.

I'm currently a size 16 at just over 14 stone and 5"8. I took anti-psychotics for a while which I'm convinced made me put on weight and am finding it hard to shift. I was 10 stone and a size 12 at school and put on a couple of stone at college but lost it all when I was 18 through diet and exercise. I don't know why I'm finding it that much harder at 23. I'd love to be a size 12 again.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    The two smallest are interesting.

I thought they looked about the same size but the article incorrectly suggests that one of them is a size 18. She's only an 18 on top because she has massive boobs. The rest of her is a 14, same as the other woman.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member

possibly thought there was more women on the facebook one but they were all in white shorts and tees:D
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I find this post really interesting as I am just under 5'6, a size 18-20 but over 18 stone. That's almost 5 stone more than you!

I find that even when I was at my smallest of a 14-16 I was still over 13 stone. When I lose weight I lose much more in inches then in actual weight on the scales.

Just goes to show that one size of 'fat' certainly doesn't fit all.
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I found nuttytiggers post confusing as well.

I am size 20. 5ft 8ins and 15 stones? Is it bones size even tho I am told that is rubbish?

I really need to lose weight as summer is coming now. I have come off my antidepressants as they caused very heavy sweating (and were not doing anything for me mental state) I could be standing pruning a tree and the sweat would pour off me so I was watering it at the same time.
    My confidence plummeted, as you can imagine what the sweating was like when I was moving :cry: Now I am off the meds the sweating is now 'normal' but they also increased my weight which I am struggling to shift.

Tbh I wish I have never said yes to antidepressants as they seemed to have caused me more health and mental problems that I had before.

Hearing from posters who have lost an incredible amount of weight. Well done to you all. I will now try my hardest to get back on the cut back. I don't diet or weigh myself I do go by my clothes going baggy.
    You sound like me, I am 5'4" size 14-16 and weigh 13 and a half stone at the moment. I am always amazed by people's weights as I am always heavier than everybody who is the same size as me.

Just seen these posts as I was working. I am genuinely a size 18 and 13.5 stone. I got down to 12st 10lbs a month ago but went back up a bit. I might be a 16, but so far only a 16 from 2 shops fit me and thats in jeans and I feel they are tight. But then I don't see myself as having lost any weight.

These pics are from my biggest to just before xmas and a few weeks ago. (let me know if it doesn't work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152255291323582&set=a.472936773581.273706.678618581&type=3&theater
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen these posts as I was working. I am genuinely a size 18 and 13.5 stone. I got down to 12st 10lbs a month ago but went back up a bit. I might be a 16, but so far only a 16 from 2 shops fit me and thats in jeans and I feel they are tight. But then I don't see myself as having lost any weight.

These pics are from my biggest to just before xmas and a few weeks ago. (let me know if it doesn't work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152255291323582&set=a.472936773581.273706.678618581&type=3&theater

You can see a big difference, good on you xx
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they looked about the same size but the article incorrectly suggests that one of them is a size 18. She's only an 18 on top because she has massive boobs. The rest of her is a 14, same as the other woman.

That's interesting to me, because I'm exactly the same height and weight as her (5' 4'', 11 stones) but I wear a 14 top or dress, and size 12 trousers.
    It just shows everyone's body is different.
    Nuttytigger you are doing really well. What a difference!
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kayjay2405 wrote: »
    Maybe a 24 ;)

Hah ok she says she's a 22 anyway. Apparently she weighs 18 stone. Makes a nice chance from stories in magazines of women who `balloon` to ten stone and a size eighteen apparently...as a teenager I tortured myself with those stories, convinced that at 9 and a half stone I must be enormously fat. Took a while for the penny to drop that people lie particularly when flogging an exercise video!
  • Options
    oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've done really well, I hope you didn't think I was suggesting you were fibbing! I just find it amazing how I am so much heavier than everyone else :o

I think I am more muscly than most, I really hate BMI though I think I will always be obese on that no matter how thin I get!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a size 10/12, I know I'm not fat but I do feel insecure sometimes, I think I look chubby. I think those feelings would be there if I was 6 stone or 60.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done, that's really impressive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm a size 10/12, I know I'm not fat but I do feel insecure sometimes, I think I look chubby. I think those feelings would be there if I was 6 stone or 60.

I don't like being fat for sure but I was probably a lot more insecure in my teens early twenties, now I'm not really bothered about how I look and am happier and more confident in my thirties than I've ever been, but I want to be healthy live longer and stop killing myself with food as that's what I am in effect doing