Kate Ford signs new Corrie contract until AT LEAST 2012!

Comments

• dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worse news ever
    I was utterly bored the other night when she found out about Leanne and Nick
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    At the very least they could have put "Despite mixed reactions..." (that would STILL be a HUGE understatement) - coming out with total BS is ridiculous! Corrie must have seen how no one likes her..

But people do like her. A few people I've spoken to in real life think she's great. It's only on this forum where there is overwhelming negativity towards the character, and it's always this forum that seems to think it is indicative of public opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe that they are keeping Tracy. From day one of her coming back.
    She's over acted' and is dreadful. Was hoping for a short visit.
    :mad::yawn::sleep:

They would have done better to bring Karen back. But unlike Kate, Suranne has done very well with her career, because she a good actress.:)
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her return line about this being the greatest return or something was without doubt the most cringest, worse moment in soap history
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That means I still can't watch it. Kate Ford is useless, scriptwriters even worse, tedious in the extreme.:mad:
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shazzy7 wrote: »
    I cannot believe that they are keeping Tracy. From day one of her coming back.
    She's over acted' and is dreadful. Was hoping for a short visit.
    :mad::yawn::sleep:

They would have done better to bring Karen back. But unlike Kate, Suranne has done very well with her career, because she a good actress.:)[/QUOTE]

The bit in bold says it all, Kate who??
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Oh joy:yawn:
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaay :D:D

I, for one, am delighted. :)

Love her stirring. :eek:
  • randomocityrandomocity Posts: 2,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always knew it was just this forum jumping on the hate bandwagon all along. First Antony Cotton (not that I'm fond of him myself), now her.

So glad she is staying :D
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    i honestly don't mind her so much now.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    People will be screaming at their TV's alright, but it will be down to the ridiculousness of the character and the odd acting which she has returned with.

However the scenes with Peter gave me a glimmer of hope, maybe she is not a cartoon baddie after all, maybe there is more scope

I hope your second paragraph becomes reality because I couldn't stand any more of the OTT, pantomime Tracy who returned. Watched Corrie for many, many years but more of THAT and I'll be switching off.
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    "Viewers have loved having Tracy back." has to be quote of the month.:D Where do they get this crap from?

One person probably said it and they've latched onto it for dire life rather than admit that Corrie was doing fine in her absence, didn't need her back and they've shot themselves in the foot.

In MY opinion of course.
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Her return line about this being the greatest return or something was without doubt the most cringest, worse moment in soap history

Awful, awful, awful, and had to be the worse delivery EVER.

However, as a Tracy hater I HAVE quite enjoyed her bitchy banter with Tina this week, mainly because Tina gives as good as she gets and doesn't just stand there mute.

Plus you could tell that Tracy didn't really want to tell Peter the truth this week but, of course, once she'd babbled it couldn't resist enjoying it and stirring a bit more.

If they tone her down, show people getting one over on HER more often, give Deirdre a backbone when it comes to TracyLuv but mainly stop her being so pantomime she might be more watchable.

But I'm afraid I'll never forget the ridiculous and completely unrealistic manner they've brought her back. She's a cold blooded murderer FGS, she should still be locked up. And as for being found 'innocent' it would have been a mis-triaI, she might (and it's a big 'might') have been out on bail while awaiting another trial but that's all. Plus she couldn't just have arrived back without anyone knowing in the first place! GRRRRR. They really insulted our intelligence on this one and for me, destroyed her character when they made her a murderer in the first place - she was never realistically going to be able to return unless it was many years down the line.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive never understood the hatred of tracey, most of all i can never understand how one character can put people off a whole show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    ive never understood the hatred of tracey, most of all i can never understand how one character can put people off a whole show.

What's to like about her though :confused:

And I've nothing against bad girl characters, I LOVE watching Janine on EE but she is multi-faceted and portrays the vulnerability underneath the unlikeable surface so well. My problem must be with Kate Ford's portrayal as I never had much of a problem with the character when Dawn Acton was acting the teenage, stroppy Tracy.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tracy's starting to seem more human recently, her Christmas return was terrible
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news.
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    My problem must be with Kate Ford's portrayal as I never had much of a problem with the character when Dawn Acton was acting the teenage, stroppy Tracy.

Dawn Acton was a much worse actress than Kate Ford.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    My problem must be with Kate Ford's portrayal as I never had much of a problem with the character when Dawn Acton was acting the teenage, stroppy Tracy.

That's because she spent most of her teenage years listening to tapes in her bedroom before running off with some lad with big hair.
  • charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honstly don't mind Tracy much any more, she is actually much better acted now and better written for, she comes across as more human now.

Overall, I think this is good news, as long as she doesn't return to the panto villian that she was during her Christmas return,

P.S Kate Ford is actually pretty popular with the general Coronation Street community, she won Best Actress in 2007 I think and the character has won "Best Bitch" quite a few times- I think it's only on DS that seems unpopular, the awards speak for themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _Venger_ wrote: »
    Dawn Acton was a much worse actress than Kate Ford.

Yeah but she didn't wind me up like Kate Ford's portrayal does! I swear it's that bloody grin! :mad:
    That's because she spent most of her teenage years listening to tapes in her bedroom before running off with some lad with big hair.

LOL! Very true.
  • morrisleemorrislee Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »

:DBelieve me She can...:mad:
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe it.

She had stated publicly that she missed her son too much and would be going back to London to find work there at the end of her six-month contract.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have been put off the show by her, and I'm one that is gonna join them. Corrie has been plummeting new depths for ages now (and I have watched from Episode 1 btw), it's got unbelievable storylines now, and very few likeable characters.
  • Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie will be dire until at least 2010 then. Oh dear .... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    People have been put off the show by her, and I'm one that is gonna join them. Corrie has been plummeting new depths for ages now (and I have watched from Episode 1 btw), it's got unbelievable storylines now, and very few likeable characters.

I noticed that Betty Driver said something very similar in that documentary about her, that in the old days they'd have scenes of her, Bet and whoever just sitting having a natter before they opened the Rovers, a conversation that maybe wasn't about anything much but just like what happens in real life. But nowadays it's all big events/stunts and most of the conversations all leading up to these big events or stunts. Not much conversation for the sake of it kind of thing. And she must know what she's talking about she's been there for years!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    Sally Linz wrote: »
    Corrie will be dire until at least 2010 then. Oh dear .... :o

Ummm.......are you watching from the Tardis then?