✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Just weighed in 2lb loss last week.

Congrats!!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second weigh in this morning for me, down another 3lbs taking me to 16 stone 3.

For some reason, this time round it feels like i'm getting somewhere with it, so i'm quite happy. Still been able to have some treats along the week as long as I pre-plan what i'm having.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a bit of an indulgent Saturday. Everything was fine up until teatime when my friends decided on an impromptu meal and cinema night. Ended up having a carbonara and a bottle of beer in the restaurant, we then went to the cinema and I had a small popcorn and a slush drink. Sunday was fine up until the early evening when I was in my mates car and he stopped for a McDonald's and I ordered the new popcorn chicken type things. It was just to taste them out of curiosity and that's all I ordered! (And they don't have that many calories from what I understand).

I don't weigh in until Wednesday but I wouldn't be surprised if I hadn't lost anything this week, but then again, we do need a little treat now and again otherwise we get bored and the risk of going back to our old ways increases.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I was just thinking this morning I could actually eat like this for ever, I feel so much better I don't want to eat sugar anymore and go back to how I was feeling.
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member

Well done.

Congratulations.

I'm not weighing myself until Friday if I can resist it, but I'm hoping for some decrease this week. Today I'm aiming for ~700kcal lunch and breakfast, including a clementine as a snack, and then approximately 1000kcal for dinner.
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    Ah yes, the laxative effect is noted in the Wikipedia Entry. I'll stay away from that sweetener.

Any of the sweeteners ending in 'tol' have a laxative effect;)
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    WinterFire wrote: »
    I'm not weighing myself until Friday if I can resist it, but I'm hoping for some decrease this week. Today I'm aiming for ~700kcal lunch and breakfast, including a clementine as a snack, and then approximately 1000kcal for dinner.

1000 calories for dinner is loads. You can have a hearty and filling meal for well under 600 if you cook the right things.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say since new years when I started this diet I have not had any days where I'm feeling tired or down or lethargic, it just goes to show how eating rubbish food makes you feel... rubbish!
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for my very first LONG walk today to start me off. I was absolutely dead when I came back, lol.

I felt great about 30 minutes after coming home, though. Really looking forward to carrying on with this diet.

I've planned out my meals today and so far everything only comes to 1,205 calories.:eek: On the fitness site I use it says my daily goal is 2,027. No idea where I'm gonna make up for the rest, but the meals I've had/having today are really filling, so it's not like I'm starving myself. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've planned out my meals today and so far everything only comes to 1,205 calories.:eek:

Blimey I've not had dinner yet and I'm already at 1200 calories for today and I've not eaten much;)

My total is 2400 per day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I was just thinking this morning I could actually eat like this for ever, I feel so much better I don't want to eat sugar anymore and go back to how I was feeling.

Good for you Molliepops:D

That's how I felt back in August after 2 weeks into a 60 day Juice diet, and have stuck with the healthy eating since, and like you I feel great and never want to go back to the old me and the old eating habits:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I must say since new years when I started this diet I have not had any days where I'm feeling tired or down or lethargic, it just goes to show how eating rubbish food makes you feel... rubbish!
    That is excactly what is keeping me on the straight and narrow (ish)l cant believe the difference in my mood,i actually wake up happy and in a good spirits ,where as before when I was just eating so much sugar and fat I was more often than not in such a lousy mood.I never want to go back to feeling like that again.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done to you both!
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went for my very first LONG walk today to start me off. I was absolutely dead when I came back, lol.

I felt great about 30 minutes after coming home, though. Really looking forward to carrying on with this diet.

I've planned out my meals today and so far everything only comes to 1,205 calories.:eek: On the fitness site I use it says my daily goal is 2,027. No idea where I'm gonna make up for the rest, but the meals I've had/having today are really filling, so it's not like I'm starving myself. :)

Walking is great exercise. They say that 30 mins brisk walking per day is excellent. I use a timer/distance gadget (Garmin) so I generally do 1.5-2 miles in that time. I always have my music on too and really enjoy my half hour in the fresh air.:)
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Walking is great exercise. They say that 30 mins brisk walking per day is excellent. I use a timer/distance gadget (Garmin) so I generally do 1.5-2 miles in that time. I always have my music on too and really enjoy my half hour in the fresh air.:)

I'm planning on putting some music on my handheld device. I'm sure it'll make the walk seem to go even faster! :)
  • Options
    Little NellLittle Nell Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done folks.

Decided not to weigh myself until tomorrow morning since it's a semi-fasting day today. I'm doing the 5:2 diet but may have overdone the 'eat normally for 5 days' part of it on Saturday! But according to my scales I lost 2 lbs overnight after the first semi-fasting day last week, so I thought I'd give it chance to settle down a bit. Today is the third semi-fasting day - ie maximum 500 calories - and they have to be non consecutive.

Has anyone tried this diet? And please don't tell me I just need to learn to eat sensibly, I know that, and I'm trying to do that as well on the 'normal' days.
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done a 5 mile walk today, had 800 calories so got another 800 to use.

Night in front of tv is my danger time - when I statrt thinking of snacking. Might have to start going to bed at 7pm lol :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm planning on putting some music on my handheld device. I'm sure it'll make the walk seem to go even faster! :)

I've become a big fan of BBC podcasts (http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts) for entertainment during a walk. New episodes just appear on my phone so I don't need to remember to download them

Not sure about a walk tonight. Too cold and snowy out there...
  • Options
    laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's really great news! I feel the same - quite happy without sugar. Also bread, but haven't eaten that in a long while.

Meanwhile, at this morning's weigh-in - another 3lb lost. I have done all 3 of my runs this week as well as adding some weight training to help tone up as I go. So am noting measurement loss as well as weight. Def a few centimetres off here and there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laurielou wrote: »
    That's really great news! I feel the same - quite happy without sugar. Also bread, but haven't eaten that in a long while.

Meanwhile, at this morning's weigh-in - another 3lb lost. I have done all 3 of my runs this week as well as adding some weight training to help tone up as I go. So am noting measurement loss as well as weight. Def a few centimetres off here and there!

Well done, It's so nice when you can see a difference other than just the scales.
  • Options
    laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    Well done, It's so nice when you can see a difference other than just the scales.

Thanks, scotch! Yes, I agree. A huge motivation for me is to be able to fit into the clothes I like again, so the measurements are a big part of that.
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    1000 calories for dinner is loads. You can have a hearty and filling meal for well under 600 if you cook the right things.

I went well over 600 for dinner, more like 800.

2x Falafel & Hummous in Pita bread with very varied salad. A side leafy salad with fat free dressing - about 10kcal for the dressing.

So, I have about 200kcal left in my daily allowance. Dunno what I'll do about that.

I'm not impressed by M&S "Simply" wholemeal pita bread though. The co-op version is much better.

Well done to all those who lost some weight, and all those who did some exercise. I'm not doing much exercise at the moment except for about four miles round walk to and from work and a weekly visit to the climbing wall.

What I'll need to watch out for is lunch tomorrow. I only have thick sliced bread around. I've got some gala apples, but otherwise not much fruit. And my pickles in the work fridge are now all gone. Ideas would be appreciated.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just had a huge, and I mean huge bowl of beef stew including potatoes and 200g of stewing beef and a load of veg for a tad under 500 calories. Was scrummy too.

Lost 1.5lb this last week which I am pleased with due to some of the food I ate last week (take away twice and ate out once).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I just had a huge, and I mean huge bowl of beef stew including potatoes and 200g of stewing beef and a load of veg for a tad under 500 calories. Was scrummy too.

Lost 1.5lb this last week which I am pleased with due to some of the food I ate last week (take away twice and ate out once).

Well done on the weight loss.

I've never been asked to so many social functions as I have since I started the diet.

An old friend is here and four of us are meeting on Thursday, just for drinks.

I will stay for four drinks. I know they'll be four double vodkas and diet coke. I could kid myself on and say I will not have alcohol, but I know I will.

Seems to be about 70/100 calories - google seems to give out different amounts :confused:

So I'll work on 100 per measure, so that's 800 calories for four doubles. I will make sure I leave after that and don't end up in a chippy.

Hopefully I can have a few months of no drinking after that.