Media obsession with pregnant celebs/zelebs?

Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
Forum Member
Anyone else really bored of this? I think it's very creepy as well as tedious. They act like a pregnant woman is the rarest thing in the world, and it's ridiculous.

I hate how the minute the gutter rags find out a celeb is expecting she becomes "Pregnant *insert name*" as though birthing defines her.

I thought we'd progressed from treating women as baby machines but it seems not.

Comments

• Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's boring especially when it's that Kim Kardashian, it's in the papers on a daily basis.

What's worse is the speed in which they seem to lose the baby weight.....they can't show
    their bodies off quick enough..

Not all female celebs, some are keep a lid on it.
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it very creepy and i also feel the mother should be left alone - DM is the worst example.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I blame Demi Moore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Following on from the pregnancy, I am really unhappy about the celebritizing of their children after they are born as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should, of course, sympathise with Media Types who clearly have symptoms suggesting an acute form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I blame Demi Moore.

You should blame Annie Leibovitz. Moore regretted that picture, she says she wishes she'd never done it.

I can't help but feel that a big part of the obsession in recent times has been the potential for tragedy.. It has been since Kelly Brook, Lily Allen and Amanda Holden lost their babies around the same time that every pregnant celeb has been placed on bumpwatch.

Plus of course, pregnant women commit the cardinal Daily Mail sin of beoming fat, worst offender Kim K - how dare she lose her hourglass shape and not look sexy for the cameras. Then after the birth they get to stalk the women and award gold stars for skinny jean wearing, or report on the post-birth weightloss 'battle' of women who haven't lost their baby bumps within days. It's an embarrassment of riches!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the Z-Listers new raison d'etre.

Ghastly vacuous racist Danielle Lloyd now has a pregnancy 'column' in Closer mag.

Myleene Klass was the first woman in history to ever get pregnant. etc.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its pandering to a female audience. Or at least what the editors think the audience want. To be fair they seem to buy it more then the fellas
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ivy Rose wrote: »
    Anyone else really bored of this? I think it's very creepy as well as tedious. They act like a pregnant woman is the rarest thing in the world, and it's ridiculous.

I hate how the minute the gutter rags find out a celeb is expecting she becomes "Pregnant *insert name*" as though birthing defines her.

I thought we'd progressed from treating women as baby machines but it seems not.

:confused: But how would we know otherwise who's flaunting their bump, who's hiding their bump, who's showing off their bump, who's dressing their bump, who's cupping their bump, whose bump is too meagre, whose bump is too unwieldy, who's looking too thin for their bump, who's looking too lardy for their bump, who is disgracefully letting themselves go because of their bump, and who is doing the bump business absolutely correctly according to the very strict and very specific DM Pregnancy Guidelines? ;)
  • Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Handers wrote: »
    Following on from the pregnancy, I am really unhappy about the celebritizing of their children after they are born as well!

Agree. It's outright disgusting and wrong.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    im struggling to conceive and everyday some celeb has a baby or announces shes pregnant , its upsetting sometimes especially if its someone who is undeserving or a horrible person. eg Kim kardashian , Imogen Thomas and Katie price for example. Kim and Imogen are just fame **** and im sure kim will shove the kid onto some nanny. and does Katie price need anymore. she should be happy with the ones she got. wish the media would realise some women really don't want to see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny though that the celeb magazines and paps lose interest in the Celebs kids when they reach school age..they only like them small and cute.

The most annoying celeb at the moment is Peaches Geldof, she is famous for nothing..thanks to her Father and late Mother she is a celeb, at least her parents actually worked hard though to get where they did.

Her job is to just take pictures of her first born all day and act all Mumsy, she just had another baby we haven't seen as she obviously has a big Hello deal to show us her new "grublet" or whatever stupid nickname she will pick, so when she has made her money from the exclusive deal expect 3000 photos of her new kid..she really annoys me! she just is someone who can't go one day without getting attention

..and she is very skinny, almost malnourished looking even when she was pregnant, she was never that skinny before something about her earth Mother act just doesn't ring through to me.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »

The most annoying celeb at the moment is Peaches Geldof, she is famous for nothing..thanks to her Father and late Mother she is a celeb, at least her parents actually worked hard though to get where they did.

Oh bloody Peaches, really rubbing it in our faces isn't she, pop one out and start on the next is what annoyed the crap out of me. She doesn't even work for a living, just another "socialite" who the media follow. As for Kim Kardashian....don't get me started.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I sometimes think some of the more empty headed pointless celebs are in competition with each other to get pregnant again as quickly as possible and thus grab the cover of OK or a few photos in Closer. God forbid the limelight might be off them for five minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh bloody Peaches, really rubbing it in our faces isn't she, pop one out and start on the next is what annoyed the crap out of me. She doesn't even work for a living, just another "socialite" who the media follow. As for Kim Kardashian....don't get me started.

You're personally aggrieved that she would like her children to be close in age? Okaaay...
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it very creepy and i also feel the mother should be left alone - DM is the worst example.
    The DM Sidebar of Shame must be edited by the ghost of Jimmy Savile. There's some serious perving going on over famous people's kids. They've a rather creepy obsession with Suri Cruise along with Jessica Alba and Alyson Hannigan's daughters.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sometimes think some of the more empty headed pointless celebs are in competition with each other to get pregnant again as quickly as possible and thus grab the cover of OK or a few photos in Closer. God forbid the limelight might be off them for five minutes.

I can understand the celebs playing up to the media when it comes to pregnancy and having a child as they can make a lot of money/get a lot of attention out of it, but why are the media interested in the first place? That's where it becomes strange and worrying to me.
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What creeps me out more is the way the Daily Mail stalk the kids of celebrities. If I were a celeb and could afford it then I think I'd try to get an injunction against them. If anyone who wasn't a pap followed a young child around photographing it then they'd get arrested.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mirandaweb wrote: »
    What creeps me out more is the way the Daily Mail stalk the kids of celebrities. If I were a celeb and could afford it then I think I'd try to get an injunction against them. If anyone who wasn't a pap followed a young child around photographing it then they'd get arrested.

It's incredibly disturbing. The worst is the awful "all grown up" rubbish. The poster making a link between the Mail and Jimmy Savile is more than fair. It's that creepy.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    im struggling to conceive and everyday some celeb has a baby or announces shes pregnant , its upsetting sometimes especially if its someone who is undeserving or a horrible person. eg Kim kardashian , Imogen Thomas and Katie price for example. Kim and Imogen are just fame **** and im sure kim will shove the kid onto some nanny. and does Katie price need anymore. she should be happy with the ones she got. wish the media would realise some women really don't want to see it.

me too it upsets me.Ive been trying for two years and we have the likes of Jessica Simpson who is probably as good mum but she only had a baby a year ago and shes going to give birth again soon,how is that fair to someone who been trying aslong as i have,