Options

GOLD Showing repeats of Sorry!

ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
Forum Member
I was just looking through the Sky TV guide and noticed Sorry! is being repeated on GOLD starting on Wednesday at 2pm. I'm so pleased this is getting a re-run, it's long overdue! The first series was in 1981 so I don't remember it at all. I did watch later series in the mid-80's so I'll definitely be watching the first series with interest and hopefully we'll be getting every episode from seven series :)

Comments

• Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I used to like this a lot. Not sure how well it would've aged though.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much as I enjoy watching Ronnie Corbett, I never really took to Sorry! and found it uncomfortable viewing.
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Timothy escape from his parents in a hot air balloon in the final episode?.:D
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Language Timothy. :p
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried series 1 and 2 on DVD a few years back, and thought it was poor. Rose tinted specs. and all that. That's been true of a lot of old shows I've re-visited decades later, though.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried series 1 and 2 on DVD a few years back, and thought it was poor. Rose tinted specs. and all that. That's been true of a lot of old shows I've re-visited decades later, though.

It was reasonably funny, though not in the same league as the Two Ronnies. My favourite is the one where he tries to escape from his parents and they chase him in a Morris Minor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Weren't the series in the mid 80's better than the earlier ones? It had a run of three series from 81-82 then it wasn't made again until 1985, ending in 1988. I'm going to give them a go, I'm not expecting a laugh a minute but it'll be nice to watch as I grew up in the 80's and watched them as a kid. It'll bring back memories. (That's why I'll also be watching Brush Strokes on Drama :)) Ah nostalgia!
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D Loved this and so glad it's getting a repeat;-)
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara Lott was brilliant as the snobbish, puritanical mother. Another classic moment is the one where she finds Timothy's poor school report from 1954 and berates him for his poor performance at school, even though he left the school the same year. Also funny is the one where he has a girlfriend who works at a sports centre who has a near double who is a black belt and the mix up has the expected results.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Worst thing about GOLD is that they show all BBC shows and they cut them up to fit in the ads they have to include in the 30 minutes the programme lasts.

When you know the programme it's very frustrating so I don't watch this channel anymore - or Alibi, for the same reason.

Never forgiven Alibi for cutting 12 minutes off every episode of New Tricks.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a large bugger, I cant get the gold cannel in my ariel system.
  • Options
    Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Worst thing about GOLD is that they show all BBC shows and they cut them up to fit in the ads they have to include in the 30 minutes the programme lasts.

When you know the programme it's very frustrating so I don't watch this channel anymore - or Alibi, for the same reason.

Never forgiven Alibi for cutting 12 minutes off every episode of New Tricks.

They used to show them in 40 minute slots to accommodate ads, seems pretty criminal not to at least do this I agree., why the hell would I want to watch a cut down episode of something that might be a favourite show of mine, I want the original and nothing less!
    Saw they did it with "Knowing Me, Knowing You" was pretty disgusted, but I have it on DVD thankfully.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I'd love to see this again, I shall reluctantly give it a miss.

I am fed up looking forward to complete runs of a series, only for it to be dropped after the first two series (or repeat them on a loop) All the nostalgia channels seem to do it. Drama, CBS Action, even the BBC. :(
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Gold are only showing 3 episodes of Sorry, as it's not on next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »

Hence my post above yours. :) Surprised it didn't last longer than 3 episodes though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »

Maybe it's because it's Easter week? Sometimes they do special schedules for holiday times....I'm hoping that's the reason and not three episodes is all we're going to get :(
  • Options
    yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing about Sorry are the "pin ball" themed opening titles, I am afraid it goes down hill after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yorksdave wrote: »
    The best thing about Sorry are the "pin ball" themed opening titles, I am afraid it goes down hill after that.

I like the theme tune :D

I thought it got better as it became a bit more established, but seeing as I was young when I first saw it it might be my rose tinted specs :)
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »

I have to agree.

Good theme tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJQ-ZircSO0
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Loved Sorry. :D
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Saw a bit of this the other morning, still stands up to me. Ronnie Corbett was surprisingly good, convincing, very likeable and the interaction with his brilliantly played over-bearing mother was a joy to watch.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts back up this Monday (28th April) at 7.10am with the repeat at 2.20pm
  • Options
    Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought this comedy was dire first time around. UK Gold should say Sorry for showing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    Starts back up this Monday (28th April) at 7.10am with the repeat at 2.20pm

I thought it was because of a schedule change for Easter. I didn't really think they'd stop at three episodes :) I'd like Three Up, Two Down next and Dear John again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to 'Sorry!'? I can not find it in the schedules at all.