I'm Heartbroken,Our Sweetheart Cat Was Killed Today

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
All of us in the family are so devestated that our lovely sweet little cat, who was a homely little lovely ventured over to the main road, which is quite a way from our house and got killed by an idiot racer that rules the strip.

I'm so devestated, we've buried her in the garden and I've never seen my husband cry so heartbreakingly.

I thought I'd come here for comfort because you're all so lovely when anything happens on this thread.:cry:

Comments

• crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm so sorry about your cat. Don't know what else to say really.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the worst pain in the world when a pet dies.
    Id argue its in some ways worse than when a family member dies.

Just know that your cat is not suffering anymore and has gone to the cat playground in the sky where no muppet boy racers can ever go.

Im sorry for your loss, give yourself time and it does get better.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ((((3 Second Memory))))

I'm so sorry to hear this.

RIP little kitty. :cry::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, Im so sorry for your loss. I too lost one in the same way a few years back and had to have a week off work. It's heartbreaking I know. Give yourself time to grieve they are part of the family and it leaves a massive void when something like this happens . Im sorry that this has happened. :(
  • maybemaybe Posts: 4,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm so, so sorry - your poor sweet little cat :cry:

My thoughts are with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I'm so sorry. I can only offer you a virtual hug.:(
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :(I'm really sorry to hear this 3Second Memory:(

The only time I ever saw my father cry was when he carried our 14 year old tabby Bubbles in after she was run over. :(

I'm sorry:(
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    ((((3 Second Memory and Mr 3 Second Memory))))

I am so sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are all so lovely on here. Thank you so much, your words they mean so much to me and comfort me.

My boss was very angry when I didn't go to work this afternoon...'it's only a cat'... a person who believes she is a born again Christian. Also my son dislocated his shoulder and I couldn't go to work on one day in the week because I was at the hospital with him...she was cross about this too.

If that's being a Christian, then I don't want to be one.

We miss our cat so much, when my Dad died at an early age and I found him in the chair I was in bits and a complete mess, our sweetie dying now so suddenly, I think takes me back some years:(
    Forum Member
    You are all so lovely on here. Thank you so much, your words they mean so much to me and comfort me.

My boss was very angry when I didn't go to work this afternoon...'it's only a cat'... a person who believes she is a born again Christian. Also my son dislocated his shoulder and I couldn't go to work on one day in the week because I was at the hospital with him...she was cross about this too.

If that's being a Christian, then I don't want to be one.

We miss our cat so much, when my Dad died at an early age and I found him in the chair I was in bits and a complete mess, our sweetie dying now so suddenly, I think takes me back some years:(

People who say "it's only a cat" really make my blood boil :mad: Yes, it is "only a cat", but my cat is part of my family (as is the case with many people). When my old cat died (from old age) nearly 7 years ago, I was just as heartbroken as when I lost my Dad.

I really feel for you.

Your boss is a right twonk.
  • shardlakeshardlake Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I'm so sorry about your beautiful little cat ((((three second memory and family)))),
    Unfortunately some people just don't understand, but we do and we care.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    People who say "it's only a cat" really make my blood boil :mad: Yes, it is "only a cat", but my cat is part of my family (as is the case with many people). When my old cat died (from old age) nearly 7 years ago, I was just as heartbroken as when I lost my Dad.

I really feel for you.

Your boss is a right twonk.

Thanks so much HollyC, it makes my blood boil too, people like my boss have obviously never experienced a lovely relationship with an animal that makes you feel so good and a happy family.

The word 'twonk' has cheered me up a bit...it describes my boss to a T !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same thing happened to my family and me 2 months ago, it was so hard. I found him, I haven't cry liked that for years.
    Luckily unlike yours, my boss ( who is normally a Bitch) was really nice about it all. Hugs for you xxxx and just ignore your boss, whats the worse she can do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shardlake wrote: »
    I'm so sorry about your beautiful little cat ((((three second memory and family)))),
    Unfortunately some people just don't understand, but we do and we care.

I know you care and that is so much comfort to me I can't begin to tell you, but thanks to you and everyone:(
  • Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry ((((3 Second Memory)))). I lost my dog almost 2 years ago and I still miss him every day so I really feel for you. Over time though the pain gets bearable and then one day you find yourself remembering them with a smile instead of tears. The first 3 days are the worst.

Cry all you need and don't let anyone make you feel bad for loving her. Your boss's lack of compassion is her problem not yours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steeee wrote: »
    Same thing happened to my family and me 2 months ago, it was so hard. I found him, I haven't cry liked that for years.
    Luckily unlike yours, my boss ( who is normally a Bitch) was really nice about it all. Hugs for you xxxx and just ignore your boss, whats the worse she can do?

That is so devestating, my friend found our cat and thankfully brought her back in a blanket and cloth bag and put her in the shed until my hubby came home...I'm so grateful to her and I'm so sorry that you had to find your little sweetheart. I know what you mean about crying my eyes are like piss holes in the snow, I've got such a headache and feel so unbelievably bad, but loads of Hugs to you xxxx

I'm ignoring the boss bitch or I'll resign, she is the most insensitive cow I've ever come across and she calls herself a devout Christian!!:mad:
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Ohh Memory, I am so so sorry. I've lost a couple of cats over the years to rta's and know how you're feeling. The hurt you feel when a pet leaves you is so intense. I really am so sorry.

HollyC is right, your boss is a Twonk, and a few other rather choice words I could think of too, but I'll refrain from posting them.

Take care hun, and give Mr 3 second memory a hug too. ((((hugs))))
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much HollyC, it makes my blood boil too, people like my boss have obviously never experienced a lovely relationship with an animal that makes you feel so good and a happy family.

The word 'twonk' has cheered me up a bit...it describes my boss to a T !

I'm glad I managed to give you a little smile :)

I'm sure this thread will get many replies from people who understand and sympathise (and empathise) with you. I know that if anything happened to my little girl, I would be devastated.

On the subject of Christianity, don't they believe that animals don't have a soul, and so won't go to heaven? If that's true, then I wouldn't want to go to heaven anyway!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doll Feet wrote: »
    I'm so sorry ((((3 Second Memory)))). I lost my dog almost 2 years ago and I still miss him every day so I really feel for you. Over time though the pain gets bearable and then one day you find yourself remembering them with a smile instead of tears. The first 3 days are the worst.

Cry all you need and don't let anyone make you feel bad for loving her. Your boss's lack of compassion is her problem not yours.

I'm sorry you lost your lovely dog, my mum has a dog which is like her shadow, I can imagine the pain that you went through and you're exactly right that time is the healer and the next few days are going to be so crap.

My boss has huge lack of compassion and love for anyone or anything only the church... but it must be a pretty nasty church, when she told me today in so many words to get over out, go out for a walk and treat myself to a cream cake!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    I'm glad I managed to give you a little smile :)

I'm sure this thread will get many replies from people who understand and sympathise (and empathise) with you. I know that if anything happened to my little girl, I would be devastated.

On the subject of Christianity, don't they believe that animals don't have a soul, and so won't go to heaven? If that's true, then I wouldn't want to go to heaven anyway!

Me neither, I wouldn't want to go to heaven either!
    You're so great and comforting!
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry you lost your lovely dog, my mum has a dog which is like her shadow, I can imagine the pain that you went through and you're exactly right that time is the healer and the next few days are going to be so crap.

My boss has huge lack of compassion and love for anyone or anything only the church... but it must be a pretty nasty church, when she told me today in so many words to get over out, go out for a walk and treat myself to a cream cake!

She really is an insensitive cow isn't she. :(

((((hugs 3 second memory again))))
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know how it feels to lose the family pet. We had a dog since i was 3 and im 24 now and in 2005 he had to be put down because of bad illnesses and old age. That took some time for me to take in and if someone said to me "it's only a dog" i would have quite literally flipped and beat their ass. I'd have said something like how would you like it if your pet, let alone childhood pet had to be put to sleep or died and someone said that to you? At that time i was in no mood to be messed with and someone sayin that to me would have sent me over the edge. Cant really blame someone for flipping if their pet has just died or a family member and someone takes it too far and has to make some nasty comment, can you?
    Forum Member
    Me neither, I wouldn't want to go to heaven either!
    You're so great and comforting!

Thank you. That's a lovely thing to say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh Memory, I am so so sorry. I've lost a couple of cats over the years to rta's and know how you're feeling. The hurt you feel when a pet leaves you is so intense. I really am so sorry.

HollyC is right, your boss is a Twonk, and a few other rather choice words I could think of too, but I'll refrain from posting them.

Take care hun, and give Mr 3 second memory a hug too. ((((hugs))))

It is so intense you are exactly right, I have given Mr 3 Secs loads of hugs today, he was in a terrible state because he had to dig the grave and get her out of the bag, he was heartbroken:cry:
    Forum Member
    It is so intense you are exactly right, I have given Mr 3 Secs loads of hugs today, he was in a terrible state because he had to dig the grave and get her out of the bag, he was heartbroken:cry:

Awww, bless him, and you. Why not get a plant or rose bush to go where you've buried her. That way, each time the flowers bloom, she'll be bringing a smile to your face once more.
This discussion has been closed.