I have had a stone stuck in my throat since i was a baby..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    kimbo72 wrote: »
    Just to point out the obvious... how can something you have swallowed (ie it has gone down your esophagus) end up in your windpipe?

as a baby too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    by getting stuck

Well they are two separate tubes, so you're either incredibly stupid or taking the piss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    cultureman wrote: »
    I had a frog in my throat once.

Would the doctors operate .....?

They were probably afraid you would croak it...........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they are two separate tubes, so you're either incredibly stupid or taking the piss.

Has something you've been eating never gone 'down the wrong way'? Its very common if you eat lying down or lose concentration or laugh whilst drinking. Both possible and common.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some posters are digusting.

you either

1. believe him and give advice as requested

or

2. don't believe him and go read something else

To the people trying to catch this guy out it shows more about you than him.. if he's lying then it's on his conscience... but I like to assume the best of everyone, innocent until proven guilty and just make sure my own actions are as charitable as they can be... if you believe him to be lying then let him deal with the knowledge of that himself... but don't get all nasty 'cos you know what? He might not be lying and then it's you in the wrong.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks (: for sticking up for me.. but yes I was a baby so I had no control over my actions at that age since I had a different mind! I dont know tube the stone is stuck in ok! Alll I know is that its at the bottom of my neck ok just abover my chest!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by getting stuck

LMAOOOOOOOOO xD

I'm sorry about your stone stuck in your throat, rick, but this thread is bloody hilarious xD
    And yes, I too would get a second opinion!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks..
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member

you have 1 tube that branches off into 2 it is quite possible, possibly the stupidity is a bit closer to home?
  • Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you have 1 tube that branches off into 2 it is quite possible, possibly the stupidity is a bit closer to home?

Kimbo was talking about two tubes as in one for food and one for air. The one tube branching into two that you are talking about is the one for air. Let's not call anyone stupid, we are none of us perfect.
    Forum Member
    Melp26 wrote: »
    Kimbo was talking about two tubes as in one for food and one for air. The one tube branching into two that you are talking about is the one for air. Let's not call anyone stupid, we are none of us perfect.

yes if the stone goes down one tube it has 2 possibilities of where it goes, it was very rude and harsh to call OP stupid or accuse him of taking the p*ss
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a Monty Python sketch? :o
  • Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes if the stone goes down one tube it has 2 possibilities of where it goes, it was very rude and harsh to call OP stupid or accuse him of taking the p*ss

No u misunderstand. If the stone goes down the food pipe it has one option of where it goes, the stomach. If the stone goes down the air pipe it has has one option of where it goes, the lungs (or more acurately lodged some just before the lungs), both branches of the air tube lead to the lungs (one lung each). So it very much depends on whether the stone was swallowed or inhaled as to where it will end up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Achtung wrote: »
    Is this a Monty Python sketch? :o

Aww it's not funny.. OP has a stone stuck down his throat :eek:
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should I get a second opionen?
    When did you get the first opinion?

Years ago or recently?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    about 2 years ago!
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has happened then to bring the problem up again?
    Forum Member
    Melp26 wrote: »
    No u misunderstand. If the stone goes down the food pipe it has one option of where it goes, the stomach. If the stone goes down the air pipe it has has one option of where it goes, the lungs (or more acurately lodged some just before the lungs), both branches of the air tube lead to the lungs (one lung each). So it very much depends on whether the stone was swallowed or inhaled as to where it will end up.

yes but from the mouth downward there is one tube that then either leads to the lungs or the stomach it branches off, thats why sometimes whilst eating something can go down the wrong way

so something put into the mouth could either go to the stomach or head toward the lungs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    So what the OP means is that he inhaled a stone, which got lodged under his voicebox, and the doctors left it there...

Ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes but from the mouth downward there is one tube that then either leads to the lungs or the stomach it branches off, thats why sometimes whilst eating something can go down the wrong way

so something put into the mouth could either go to the stomach or head toward the lungs

You got to it first chocoholic!

I'm astounded at the lack of general knowledge about human anatomy on this thread. Its amusing though! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what the OP means is that he inhaled a stone, which got lodged under his voicebox, and the doctors left it there...

Ok.

I think that's the gist. A definite 'second opinion' situation I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    about 2 years ago!

You didn't get an opinion when it first happened? Y'know when you were an infant?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No,,,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You didn't get an opinion when it first happened? Y'know when you were an infant?
    No,,,
    How do you know that you have had it since you were a baby?