Options

An Audience with Joan Rivers

strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So refreshing and funny :) asked if anyone had had botox. Vanessa Feltz put her hand up but nobody else did and she put it down very quickly :D

Comments

• Options
    topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    Can't stand Joan Rivers
  • Options
    mongositomongosito Posts: 2,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot it was on.
    When's the repeat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its still on it started on ITV at 1010
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm 97" AND YOU ****ING STINK!!! lol
  • Options
    mulldoonmulldoon Posts: 4,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say.... never really been a fan,but she's making me laugh tonight :) crude..... but funny!!
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mulldoonuk wrote:
    Have to say.... never really been a fan,but she's making me laugh tonight :) crude..... but funny!!

Me to I'm loving it. I love the fact that in a day and age where so many try to be so correct so as not to offend anyone she does not care , but in her way she is not offensive because she does not pick on anyone religion , nationality etc in particular she has a go at them all.

I love the way she laughs at the terrorists, something we should all do as thats what they deserve , our contempt. And by laughing at them we make them so much smaller . She is quite right in what she said , in a tragedy you need to laugh it helps, i know what she means as I always laugh when things are getting on top of me as it is such a relief.

All I can say is , I am no fan of ITV these days , but well done for this show. Just wondering how many complaints Ofcom will get from those without on and off switches on their TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, wonderful comedy and the sort of thing I'd love more of on TV :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris84 wrote:
    I agree, wonderful comedy and the sort of thing I'd love more of on TV :)
    I agree that bit at the end about her husband was really touching and really funny - not many comedians could have done that :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen Joan Rivers perform before, but tonight I thought she was brilliant. Really had me laughing. I love the way she can make you laugh about the most un-laughable things. I thought the end was excellent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was hilarious! If anyone wants more of the same, a DVD of her tour has just come out and although it has a lot of repeated material, its still a great purchase :) You can only get it at Amazon though ;)
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just goes to show, humour can make you get through the toughest things in life- Refering to the last bit of tonights show.
  • Options
    BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enoyed this very much too. Thought she had some great jokes and certainly owned that stage. Fell a little flat in the middle, but the ending was very moving and funny - that's what makes good comedy.
    A good 'Audience with...' normally can't stand those shows.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that bit at the end about her husband was really touching and really funny - not many comedians could have done that :)

First time I've seen Joan show any emotion, it was moving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joan Rivers markets herself as comedic and so therefore not a horrible bitch. All the fur wearing and face lifts though make you think otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I watched until the Arsenal demolition of Middlebrough came onto MOTD and enjoyed what I saw of it.

I assume that ITV were either unable, or unwilling, to sell advertising space for the breaks during the show. The first two breaks consisted entirely of ITV promos didn't they?
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Me and the OH were in hysterics during it, I vary a bit on Joan Rivers, some times I like her, other times I can't stand her, but I thought she was on top form last night.
  • Options
    AfterTodayAfterToday Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn i did not see it :(

what happend at the end with her husband? :/
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    AfterToday wrote:
    Damn i did not see it :(

what happend at the end with her husband? :/

She was talking about him committing suicide and during the week of mourning for him she felt she'd 'lost' her daughter (who was 15 at the time and had had the news of her Dad's suicide broken to her over the phone by a policeman - Joan was away), she couldn't see her daughters face anymore, she couldn't reach her. Then after, they both went out to dinner and Joan looked at the prices on the menu and said something along the lines of 'If your Dad saw these prices he'd kill himself again' making her daughter laugh, and Joan felt she'd got her daughter back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    So refreshing and funny :) asked if anyone had had botox. Vanessa Feltz put her hand up but nobody else did and she put it down very quickly :D

highly amusing but fell asleep is there a repeat due?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope it is repeated. I switched over to it when it was half way through and sat there literally laughing out loud. The end was very poignant. She really surprised me, in the past I couldn't stand her, but she's very clever and very funny
  • Options
    astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was really funny, but the end was also incredibly sad.
  • Options
    MariceffMariceff Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joan is a legend, she doesn't care if people hate her, she'd rather people hate her than like her. To slag off Joan is futile because she's someone who really doesn't give a damn
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really to see people enjoyed this programme, I thought a lot of people wouldn't of liked it because of the harsh comments she came with.

I thought it was fantastic, I've always been a fan of Joan Rivers and she had me in tears of laughter last night. :)
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamez wrote:
    She was hilarious! If anyone wants more of the same, a DVD of her tour has just come out and although it has a lot of repeated material, its still a great purchase :) You can only get it at Amazon though ;)
    She's even funny when she's selling her schmutter on QVC!

K
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught part of it and it was really funny. It was really sad at the end when she talked about her husband commiting suicide, it seemed like she was going to cry at some point. I hope it is shown again so I can watch the full thing.