Options

Tesco 5p off a litre - not really

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petrol prices don't affect me, because I always just fill up £10 when the needle gets to the red thing.
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    petrol prices don't affect me, because I always just fill up £10 when the needle gets to the red thing.

Right.................:D
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    hyena wrote: »
    What if you don't have a car?

Surely money off your next shop would be better as it applies to everyone.

Supermarkets value customers more if they have a car. They tend to buy more. Don't sweat it. At the end of the day it's only worth about £3 discount for a tank of petrol.
  • Options
    peter3hgpeter3hg Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    I can fill up from empty in Asda and get 510miles out of a full tank. Same in Tesco, and I get 480 miles out of it. And tesco are 3p dearer than the Asda now.
    Don't tell me that the diesels in all stations are the same.

I can get anywhere from 600 miles down to about 450 miles out of a full tank depending on countless factors. I wouldn't even begin to draw conclusions between different fuels until I had used at least 15 tanks of each and certainly not with a small difference such as you claim.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I can fill up from empty in Asda and get 510miles out of a full tank. Same in Tesco, and I get 480 miles out of it. And tesco are 3p dearer than the Asda now.

You do know they don't have their own refineries? It all comes from the same place. Sure, different retailers may have different detergent and lubricant additives, but the RON won't change.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All diesel in all UK retailers is the same. There, I did it.
  • Options
    harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a shrewd promotion by Tesco because it will only cost them approximately 1p per litre, the other 4p will be a reduction in fuel tax....:)

What reduction ? The proposed increase for August has been postponed. And considering August is one of the busiest times of the year for motorists you can be sure the retailers will push up the price anyway.