Options

Real Radio's transition to Heart

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    why be so negative ? some of you are just assuming that heart will fail,I'm sorry but I disagree and as far as I'm concerned regarding format policies then global aren't stupid if past mistakes are anything to go by they would have made sure what ever changes they put through will be within there ofcom agreements any issues that are a problem they most likely would have found away round and does non of you know they may have certain format changes put in place that as been agreed by ofcom?licences are renewed every 5 years and station owners are within there rights to make amendments to there licences it's not a case of you have one set of licence agreements and when it comes up for renewal thats it you're stuck with hence why Gem 106(formally heart 106) as had several format tweaks and changes since it started out as Radio 106 in 1998 different owners have been allowed to make amendments to it's original licence agreement,so why would it be any different for the new heart station you don't see what goes of behind closed doors at global you're knowledge is based on a few findings you read on google and radio today,if you don't support heart in any way shape or form then why the hell come on a post that is about heart?if you don't like what heart is about then tune out and go somewhere else we live in a free country no one forces you to listen, I personally don't like Radio 1 so I don't listen but I certainly don't tell other people not to listen just because I don't it's about freedom of choice,Personally I say best of luck to everyone on the new heart stations and YES I will be giving it some Heart!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    martino2539martino2539 Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    seiko456 wrote: »
    TO Radiogram and martino2539

I don't care what either of you think, and you have no right to complain about peoples personnel views. I also think its also ironic to suggest, I by an ipod, Heart is just an Ipod with Adverts. With Robots speaking for 30 secs at the end of a song going into an advert.

Do you know why were not happy? Its because RR used to be an awesome station, but its been destroyed, over the past four years. And the only time I ended up listening to it over the past 18 months was either with Paul or High school days. I switched to Robin Galloway in the mornings last July, far better.

Heart only local 7 hours a day, with very little input form the listeners, and from what I've hear nor the presenters.
    No the Client base of Heart is different to what real what your mistaken here. Heart is a London base station with alot of networking, which allows it to market itself to say look we have XXX million of listens, come and advertise on our stations.

But as its been said, Heart wont be able to push the some types of adverts the further north it goes. Take a listen to the difference between Heart and real radio.

I do believe Heart will have challenge on its hands. Heart for sure is going to be clearly be breaking it licence agreement with OFCOM, if the last couple of days continues.

And you've got no rite to complain about a service prior to it even starting!

Im well aware about local hours and networking thank you very much but if the stations continued the way they were run then half of them would have ceased years ago!

Global will have saved these frequencies by buying them because if gmg wouldn't have found a buyer then they would have simply handed the licences back.

every heart take over has been a success with record rajars 12 months down the line.

Like what was said earlier...you gonna knock heart regardless of what they do..

Real died well before Global got their hands on it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And as for adverts....I suggest you google playout software.... heart adverts (same as real) will be directed down the appropriate transmitter its needs to go down. Its not rocket science
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And as for last couple of days....ofcom will be fully aware its a transition period and wont be as petty as you....now I bid you goodnight....dear lord! Night ds
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like what was said earlier...you gonna knock heart regardless of what they do..

Real died well before Global got their hands on it

How about bring back DJ lead Radio stations and cutting the amount of songs per hour by three? I would like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seiko456 wrote: »
    How about bring back DJ lead Radio stations and cutting the amount of songs per hour by three? I would like that.

And I totally agree with this statement....but stations run as singular stations dont make profit anymore....they need to be networked to servive....nobody would run a non profit business would they?

By having 1 dj on 60 stations saves thousands! I hate the concept of networked radio...but realistically its the only way or lose the stations :(
  • Options
    seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I totally agree with this statement....but stations run as singular stations dont make profit anymore....they need to be networked to servive....nobody would run a non profit business would they?

By having 1 dj on 60 stations saves thousands! I hate the concept of networked radio...but realistically its the only way or lose the stations :(

But there is nothing stopping heart for providing a decent network service like this. but there take the easier route, play lots of music and have no connection to the listeners. One has to wonder how much does heart pay its Network presenters? anything above £15'000 is uttly pointless for the lack of work there seem to do. It seems there paying for the names?

Im very surprised there haven't sacked one of the networked presenters, and rejiged the line up to 4 hours shows.
  • Options
    bidleybipbidleybip Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I apologise if somebody has already posted this but Real Radio here in Yorkshire on DAB has now changed it's RDS name to Heart Yorkshire.
  • Options
    andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bidleybip wrote: »
    I apologise if somebody has already posted this but Real Radio here in Yorkshire on DAB has now changed it's RDS name to Heart Yorkshire.

Over here in the North West, it's also changed on DAB to Heart North West.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please never run a business. Sorry, blunt, but why would you throw away he chance to engage with many people who've expressed an interest in the station you're replacing?

There are ways to do that without throwing away the chance to engage with those people. I agree with your point (but you need not be so condescending and can you also you tell me the names of the FTSE100 companies you've headed up then as given your patronising remark I'd expect to be told you're running at least one successful, major company) but I think you have not considered all possibilities here.

Take for example Reading 107. It didn't rename/rebrand the Facebook page, instead it created a new page and signposted the new Facebook page on the old Reading 107 page, making it clear that the new page is where current listeners should head to as JACK fm was a new station, replacing Reading 107. It's ironic really since that was only a rebrand, no change of ownership had taken place. In this case however, it is a change of ownership, the closure of an old station and the creation of a new one (effectively) as a result of this change of ownership. Yes it's good business to engage with people who liked the old station but automatically assuming they "like" Heart because they happened to "like" Real Radio is taking the listener for granted.

I would argue that what Reading 107 did was more "honest" in the minds of the listeners who liked the old page and they did not automatically (and arrogantly) assume that just because they liked the old station's page, they would want to like the new one.

And as someone with a firm grasp of business and how to hold on to loyal customers, that is also exactly what I would have done if I were running a business that was replacing another business with a different brand proposition to that which it is replacing - it might arguably have been less instantly effective in having high numbers of "Likes" but on the other hand I'd rather my customers not feel taken for granted. I'd prefer ethical business practices to short-term ones any day as these are the ones most likely to generate long term customer loyalty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And oddly enough, to illustrate what I was saying before about taking people's likes for granted, on the Scotland facebook page someone has posted this:

"Hmmm did I miss something, I don't recall 'liking' HEART SCOTLAND, I did like REAL RADIO SCOTLAND, bit of a liberty assuming my sentiment will be the same for the new station. Perhaps a new facebook page would have been more in order rather than 'stealing' likes which were not specifically for Heart, a new page should be created to gauge how the stations popularity compares to REAL."

See what I mean now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andrew1973 wrote: »
    And oddly enough, to illustrate what I was saying before about taking people's likes for granted, on the Scotland facebook page someone has posted this:

"Hmmm did I miss something, I don't recall 'liking' HEART SCOTLAND, I did like REAL RADIO SCOTLAND, bit of a liberty assuming my sentiment will be the same for the new station. Perhaps a new facebook page would have been more in order rather than 'stealing' likes which were not specifically for Heart, a new page should be created to gauge how the stations popularity compares to REAL."

See what I mean now?
    That's just being petty,all that's happened is that the admin teams would have just updated the pages names but carried over the likes,rather then him being a typical anti english miserable scott all he as to do is take a listen to the new station if then he doesn't like it then just un like him self simples!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see the RR websites are still active and Heart haven't yet updates there sites ,but on Yorks RR site they have stripped back contents including presenter on air and current song playing,the chances are the sites have been built but go live at 6.am and the RR sites will come down at 5.55 in time for the switch over
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just being petty,all that's happened is that the admin teams would have just updated the pages names but carried over the likes,rather then him being a typical anti english miserable scott all he as to do is take a listen to the new station if then he doesn't like it then just un like him self simples!!!

Please tell me where in the post you quoted it has anything anti English?

And if you must use the phrase "typical anti english miserable scott" (which I would wager the Facebook poster was not anyway) at least get the spelling of SCOT correct! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    60 mins and counting till launch ;-)
  • Options
    nobjockeynobjockey Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    60 mins and counting till launch ;-)

Had a feeling you'd be setting your alarm, or just too excited to sleep? :D
  • Options
    jeffrey4670jeffrey4670 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    106.2 in Yorkshire, RDS is now Heart
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nobjockey wrote: »
    Had a feeling you'd be setting your alarm, or just too excited to sleep? :D

guess that means you're awake for the launch too lol:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

for some ironic reason i had insomnia tonight lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit gutted they haven't done the big build up like they did with the GWR stations i.e heart will be here in 30mins time with the woman talking about why she loves heart so much lol
  • Options
    nobjockeynobjockey Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm at work at this time every day ;-)
  • Options
    BoolianBoolian Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart website is up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nobjockey wrote: »
    I'm at work at this time every day ;-)

they have just cut the automation feed and gone to local studio output ready for the launch
  • Options
    -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    Real websites went around the same time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    After promoting 100-103fm rather than Real Radios 100-101fm in Scofland.... The Heart website goes live with 100-101fm on the main page.