Options

Viktoria Modesta- Prototype

RyclopsRyclops Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone else see this on Channel 4 a few weeks ago. She is apparently the first amputee pop star. The song is ok, but I really enjoyed the video; the bit at the end with the black spike prosthetic was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA8inmHhx8c

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I didn't see it on C4 but I saw the link to the video on another website. The video is really cool and very clever.
  • Options
    RyclopsRyclops Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song isn't great, the production is good but the lyrics need work. Still, it has gained her some attention. Look forward to seeing what else age brings out.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically she isn't very good, however because she is an amputee she is getting publicity? That sounds like the worst kind of positive discrimination to me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    This is very reminiscent of the kind of output mediocre pop stars resorted to after witnessing the success of GaGa with he Fame.

The styling is very dated and the song is so so. I hope she has something better and more relevant to the times on the way. It would be good for the pop industry to have artists with disabilities, but as far as this song goes I don't think it's good enough.