Rita Ora, I Don't Get Her

MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
As much as her songs are catchy, I have never understood her hype. but Anyway, I'm confused at why she hasn't actually released a single in nearly over a year from I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

I know she's going on The Voice blah blah, but I mean she should of released something during the summer etc, cos I have A feeling she is going to promote a new single on The Voice. I mean I'm not saying it's not going to work, but Kylie had quite a catchy tune, promoted it on the show and failed to hit the top ten. I'm not saying it flopped, but for a comeback single it could of done better.

I hear I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN, is a non-album track. which is a massive flop if this is true, as it's her first single where she isn't covering or copying someone that has reached number one. I'm not sure if it has something maybe to do with Calvin as he prod it. But still, It's been nearly a year now and there hasn't been nothing, no hints, no live performance of new tracks. she should give something, as like I said she could still FLOP on The Voice.

What do you think?

Comments

• Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    As much as her songs are catchy, I have never understood her hype. but Anyway, I'm confused at why she hasn't actually released a single in nearly over a year from I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

I know she's going on The Voice blah blah, but I mean she should of released something during the summer etc, cos I have A feeling she is going to promote a new single on The Voice. I mean I'm not saying it's not going to work, but Kylie had quite a catchy tune, promoted it on the show and failed to hit the top ten. I'm not saying it flopped, but for a comeback single it could of done better.

I hear I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN, is a non-album track. which is a massive flop if this is true, as it's her first single where she isn't covering or copying someone that has reached number one. I'm not sure if it has something maybe to do with Calvin as he prod it. But still, It's been nearly a year now and there hasn't been nothing, no hints, no live performance of new tracks. she should give something, as like I said she could still FLOP on The Voice.

What do you think?

I preferred her sister, Kia. Although she was less orangey.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Calvin produced most of the songs on her album. And then when they split he took them all back (allegedly because she cheated on him). Just rumours, but I believe they're probably true. Why else take so long to follow up a hit single?
  • MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES, i think your right. I remember hearing something about that too. It's true, it was successful and nothings has come out since.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and I also think the album was delayed ieven further as she got a job on The Voice and knew by her being on the voice and releasing a new album at the same time would be great for sales and exposure.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Apparently Calvin produced most of the songs on her album. And then when they split he took them all back (allegedly because she cheated on him). Just rumours, but I believe they're probably true. Why else take so long to follow up a hit single?

She does have a bit of a reputation for that doesn't she??

I think she's sexy & has the right image for a pop star, but God do I find her cold!!
    There's something very cold & calculating about her. No warmth there AT ALL.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    and I also think the album was delayed ieven further as she got a job on The Voice and knew by her being on the voice and releasing a new album at the same time would be great for sales and exposure.

Didn't work for Kylie :( she released her worst selling album :cry:

Personally I find Rita very unlikeable. She gets pushed as being some mega star, but I don't think think anybody actually regards her as such. She is an ok singer with several hit songs - hardly any of them particularly memorable. The Voice did absolutely nothing for Kylies and I doubt it will do anything for Rita Ora.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do love a good female pop singer, but for me Rita Ora has nothing redeeming about her, I did like i will never let you down, but overall i just find her musical output emotionally vapid. She does appear to come across desperate.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no respect for her as an artist, therefore I can't buy into the brand. According to reports and rumours, she's literally shagged her way into the music industry. I can't support someone like that.
  • Kirsty_Jones90Kirsty_Jones90 Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless she takes time now to sort out good songs and create an overall ok album, she might take notes seeing what's happening to Cheryls album.
    As my boyfriend always says, when you see Rita Ora you mistake her for Beyonce or Gwen Stefani at first instance, she needs an image of her own
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    I don't get why Rita Ora or Magica De Spell have careers.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    The showbiz pages in thew tabloids are always taking about her. I couldn't give two shits about her - it's like someone pays them to keep her "out there"
  • RyclopsRyclops Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be watching The Voice this year purely on the fact that Rita is there. I don't know what it is but I can't stand her. I'm glad Calvin Harris saw through her and stopped her using the songs he produced. Also loved that he stopped her promoting 'I will never let you down' in the US causing it to not perform as well as it could've done.