Horse meat in burgers

13»

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Just been to Saisburys and they have removed all their burgers from their freezers, even the expensive angus ones, they had a notice saying it was just precautionary, but it makes you wonder just how all os these supermarkets have been perhaps cutting corners over the years. Wonder if anything other than cow will be found in any of them??
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    If the public or the press want to excited about the labeling I can't argue with that - It is very important.
    But as a way forward - I can't help but notice that some own brand (and even famous brands) fish fingers are called 100% fish or 100% white fish.
    For those who can eat Pork, and are not disgusted by the concept of eating horse, I would have thought that a Tesco Value burger which actually tastes not too bad, and has a stated meat content would be a slightly more attractive proposition.

The "non specific fish" are not cod and not haddock. maybe pollock, or maybe some random unspecified thing.

We tend to buy specific identified fish. We had some M&S Cod last week, and it was delicious.

I would also not eat low meat content burgers or sausages. I don't think they taste as nice.