Jake is so transparent.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Edwina (who's spent more time than any of the other camp mates with Jake) was singing his praises yesterday. She said he was was every mother's son and every granny's grandson.

BTW it's not just my kids, all their friends at school love Jake as well.
  • nickynoo93nickynoo93 Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    To me he is coming across like a whiny little princess' and not as lies leas in xfactor.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew nothing about Jake when he entered the jungle and that’s no different for the majority of them in there.

It's no clearer to me now than it was when he entered what people are seeing to be so dismissive of him but that’s not a problem I like him. Jake's a good camp mate, he's as kind and cheerful as when he first entered and he encourages everyone.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Jake's only 'claim to fame' is being kicked off the X-Factor? I don't watch it, so have no idea whether he can sing or not. But you can't blame him for accepting a place in the jungle. The ££££ he's being paid will either pay for him to get some more singing training, or invest in a new career. Who realistically in his circumstances, would turn it down?
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He fancies Mel and is ego hurt she doesn't flirt back.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    He fancies Mel and is ego hurt she doesn't flirt back.

Good grief, she is old enough to be his mother!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    he's not a celebrity, though (remember all the cries of disapproval when he first came in).

and that's an advantage in here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jen_Piper wrote: »
    I don't think he's coming across very well at all. I've known of him for a good few years and he has desperately been trying to make it as a singer for a long time. I think X Factor was his last shot at it as he did say that if it didn't work out then he would have to knuckle down and find another job.career to focus on as he needed an income. X Factor obviously didn't work out and when he was offered I'm A Celeb, I'm guessing he jumped at the chance. He would have been paid a huge amount of money (well, a huge amount for someone like Jake anyway). I can see why he decided to do it. Thing is though, he's coming across as so desperate to be liked and I also think he's holding back a hell of a lot as he wants to be seen as nice to the viewers.[/QUOTE]

BIB- that's a good point. When I say he comes across as fake, it's because you can tell he's playing a role in which he thinks will get him more votes/be popular. It's coming across as desperate and that is unlikeable.

I don't agree that he should be in the jungle since I don't think he's a celebrity- he's an x factor finalist from this year after all- but it just feels that he's doing it to just be famous, not to be a singer.

Well for me he is cos I have heard of him, before this show I did not have a clue about Nadia; Kendra or Gemma tbh.
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't heard of him or Foggy, or Jimmy, or the Allo Allo actress (Vicki?) or Nadia or Kendra...

I'd be ready to dislike someone like him quite easily, but he seems like a lovely guy, and pretty guileless. I'm surprised some people think he's scheming, 'cos I don't see that at all...