Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    This is what I think, too. He's generally OK, but does sufferer the odd moment of seeming a little ropey.

Some people are acting like Nate's the new Ned/Didge/Mason, when he's positively Oscar worthy by comparison. No way any of them would have delivered actual tears while reciting the time a child was killed b/c he befriended her. Or the time he broke down at the school while recounting war stories.

I just think he's good at the more meaty scenes, and appears a bit wooden in the more general, day-to-day scenes. But due to the character's nature, it's difficult to tell if it's all done on purpose or if it generally is wooden acting.

When Amber said that Josh had a temper when they were together, did anyone think this was a little odd? I don't recall any moments when he's flare up at her?

I think they're just revising history in the hope that we'll all get onboard the Daniel/Amber train. I can't wait until Daniel's ex shows up.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the problem I have with Nate is the delivery, like he's reading his lines for the very first time of seeing them or telling us the ingredients off the back of a cereal packet at five in the morning after no sleep.

The only emotions he has are rage and tears, neither of which feel real enough that I give two hoots about him or his story. Chris deserves someone better to bounce off while his current plot is running.

Quite agree!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I have enjoyed sheree murphy in neighbours even if it was just a guest stint..shame she is leaving :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Deschanel;

When Amber said that Josh had a temper when they were together, did anyone think this was a little odd? I don't recall any moments when he's flare up at her?[/QUOTE]

Josh did lose his temper with Amber when she told Brad about his use of painkillers after he hurt his shoulder. I remember Josh shouting at Amber and her running home crying.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really cant stand him. I'm still clinging to the theory of a plot twist where its revealed he actually attacked Chris and his caring boyfriend routine is out of guilt. Josh was too drunk to remember but Chris was ok after he hit him and afterwards Chris and Nate had an argument which resulted in Nate flipping and knocking Chris unconscious. That way it would lead to his imprisonment and exit from the show. With him being in the opening credits though it looks unlikely. He's seemingly in it for the long haul.

I agree with all of this! Nate is awful, the acting is awful.. I missed the episode when Chris got punched but I honestly thought that it was going to turn out it was actually Nate, not Josh's fault and Nate would be offski soon.:(
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can not believe (Aus pace)
    Brad cheated on Beth with Terese :o
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Nate :) I believe the actor has some good acting credits, hasn't he? I think the way he is suits the character and that will change a bit further down the line.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    oh no!!!! :(>:(

I thought that was the case, when they arrived Terese said something to Lauren about things being messy with Beth at the beginning. Leopards and spots and all that... At least the character is consistent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wow, was that Georgia in the long wig and foreign accent..she looked more prettier
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    wow, was that Georgia in the long wig and foreign accent..she looked more prettier

Showing lots of flesh too. Kyle's tash made me laugh.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Georgia telling Kyle to put it wherever he likes was hilarious. Neighbours is getting very suggestive with these two recently!!
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    fiagomez wrote: »
    i guess that could help explain terese's extreme paranoia/behaviour at discovering he and lauren kissed,.......
    not that it makes it right at all that she wronged beth with brad...........
    Do we know the details, though? Was Terese aware that Brad was married to Beth at the time, or was it something she learned afterwards? Either way it gives her behaviour some added depth and clarity. Plus, I think it makes them more interesting as a family/couple.

I love this whole storyline.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Showing lots of flesh too. Kyle's tash made me laugh.
    It was so unlike Georgia to show so much flesh! But she looked pretty hot in the dark wig, fake tan and low-cut dress, with that South American accent.

K&G are finally a fun couple.
  • Options
    retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Oi, neighbours writers. A bit of consistency please. Paige ends the relationship with Brennan because he wasn't honest with her (amongst other things) but we have just watched several months of her not being honest with everyone around her.

Nate is awful. Worst thing about him is that even when he smiles, he still looks like he is frowning. What is going on with that mouth of his. Not to mention eyebrows that have a life of their own.

I do wish for once they could give Brennan a relationship where he is happy for more than 5 minutes.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

I thought it was Dakota in disguise at first!
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oi, neighbours writers. A bit of consistency please. Paige ends the relationship with Brennan because he wasn't honest with her (amongst other things) but we have just watched several months of her not being honest with everyone around her.

Nate is awful. Worst thing about him is that even when he smiles, he still looks like he is frowning. What is going on with that mouth of his. Not to mention eyebrows that have a life of their own.

I do wish for once they could give Brennan a relationship where he is happy for more than 5 minutes.

Paige didn't reveal her identity because she was afraid her biological families would reject her. Bit different to Brennans lies! ITA he needs a stable relationship, they all do, but that never seems to happen for long!
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Me too. A very powerful scene.

I thought he acted that scene very well, nearly had me in tears.
  • Options
    hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God Alice's grandma Layla is abysmal. How is she an actress?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    I thought it was Dakota in disguise at first!

i did too ..it was the Kyle clue that gave it away , with his tash Lol
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Lou's excuses for exits every 3 months are getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Paige, all she wants is to feel wanted but keeps getting rejected. Really felt sorry for her in this episode, tomorrow doesn't look much better for her.

Lou fleeing was quite funny though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i did too ..it was the Kyle clue that gave it away , with his tash Lol

And can you believe that I thought that was Toadie for a moment. I wondered what on earth was going on!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    christ that gran woman is dire actress
  • Options
    Forum Member
    christ that gran woman is dire actress

You mean Sheila? She's one of my favourite characters!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paige in a bikini tomorrow.....
This discussion has been closed.