✭✭
    Stakeout (C4, Sat night, i think) was cropped from 2.35:1 to 1.85:1 :(
  • Options
    anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Yes, and we're trying to have as many of them put down as soon as is humanly possible. Bear with, and we will get round to them all.

:):)
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wanted finally on C4 in 2.35:1 (after its Film 4 'premiere'), so it's the first terrestrial HD premiere...

But it's a Universal film. So it's not in DD5.1.

/switches off :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Alex Cross premiered in the correct aspect ration 2.35:1/2.40:1 on Channel 5 last Sunday...
  • Options
    eyeblinkeyeblink Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Stakeout (C4, Sat night, i think) was cropped from 2.35:1 to 1.85:1 :(

1.85:1 is the correct ratio. I saw that in the cinema and the print was matted into 1.85:1.

Given that John Badham made most of his films in Scope (not all of them - Saturday Night Fever and WarGames are other exceptions) I did wonder why he didn't with this one. He did make the sequel Another Stakeout in Scope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013) cropped to 16:9. C5 really is a joke of a channel. Can Viacom fix this?
    eyeblink wrote: »
    1.85:1 is the correct ratio. I saw that in the cinema and the print was matted into 1.85:1.

Given that John Badham made most of his films in Scope (not all of them - Saturday Night Fever and WarGames are other exceptions) I did wonder why he didn't with this one. He did make the sequel Another Stakeout in Scope.

Oops! I stand erected. Ta for that, eyeblink. I assumed it was as it's John Badham, and thought IMDB said 2.35:1, although I know the sequel was. :blush::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Hello Dolly and Oklahoma both screened on movies> (Freesat), and moviemix (Freeview) in pretty good widescreen versions. Not sure if they were full aspect ratios, but the musical numbers looked good with all their extras and vast sets.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep noticed that, also showed You Can Win 'em All in 4:3 ratio though! Some you win....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (and Amazing Spider-Man recently) both cropped to 16:9 :(
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Other Guys on Channel 5 has been cropped to 1.78:1.

I Robot on Channel 4 is in full 2.35:1 OAR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Taken 2 looks w/s on channel four

The Terminator on my local cinema screen was slightly cropped at the top
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taken 2 looks w/s on channel four

The Terminator on my local cinema screen was slightly cropped at the top

Yep, Taken 2 was the standard 2.35:1. Terminator should be 1.85:1.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (and Amazing Spider-Man recently) both cropped to 16:9 :(

Terrible wasn't it I only watched a little bit of the hobbit before putting my own BluRay on! I first of all did a comparison between the two and the crop was very clear!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I rented Ex Machina on Wuaki.tv, using that EE Film thing, and that was 16:9 :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiekid76 wrote: »
    I rented Ex Machina on Wuaki.tv, using that EE Film thing, and that was 16:9 :cry:

In future just buy it on BluRay/DVD its much better that way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    In future just buy it on BluRay/DVD its much better that way.

His/Her rental was probably a third of the price of the blu-ray and half the price of the DVD though...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    His/Her rental was probably a third of the price of the blu-ray and half the price of the DVD though...

Rental was £1.35.

I'm not going to use it again though: I'm not going to be dramatic and say it ruined my enjoyment of the film, but it was incredibly annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some people sell it on again, accepting that they will loose a little money on it, which would amount to the price of renting the film.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flatliners looks scopish, not sure if its a terrestrial first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shanghai Noon looked scope on Freesat BBC3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sleeping Beauty on Sky Movies Disney cropped to 1.78:1 instead of the full 2.55:1 ratio it should have been at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flatliners looks scopish, not sure if its a terrestrial first.

I missed this. Tried to go on Iplayer, as films are sometimes on there, but this one wasn't :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cutthroat Island on C5. Not in 2.35, but cropped to 4:3 and the print looks worse than a pirated VHS! (pun not intended) :o
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cutthroat Island on C5. Not in 2.35, but cropped to 4:3 and the print looks worse than a pirated VHS! (pun not intended) :o

Hah! :D Came here just to post the exact same comment. Which bin did they fish this copy out of? Appalling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC ONE showing "Into The Sun" from 1992.... in 4:3!!! :eek: