Options

Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    The less we see of Mason the better! :D

This I agree with!!!! :D
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    They're caught between a rock and a hard place, really. They can't bring Scott and Charlene back because Kylie and Jason would never do it. But they can't recast Scott and Charlene either because there would be uproar! So what can they do?

Not write in a character in the first place that's just been a big bait to try and lure in kylie?
    Not write a wedding where it's obvious that the mother and father of the groom will be unable to attend?
    Come up with something more creative that a freaking storm in Brisbane grounding their flight?
    Maybe amber and Daniel could've spent some time with them prior to the wedding and they objected to it too and weren't coming?
    Or they'd heard from Harold that he was Banned and they said to daniel they weren't coming unless he was allowed too.

Not great but Better than a storm.
  • Options
    Barry_SimBarry_Sim Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Tbh it would have been amazing to see Scott and Charlene back however I thought seeing Des again was just as exciting, lets see him back again please, or even as a recurring guest!

Failing that, get the likes of Henry or Shane Ramsay back or even Clive Gibbons would be just as big. I have started watching the show from it's origins in 1985 and there was a lot of great characters

IMO the only way they will get Scott and Charlene back, even for a one off will be if Mike aka Guy Pearce and Jane come back as part of it.

At the very worst they could have asked Darius Perkins to reprise his role as Scott if they really wanted a Scott there for a while?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The original actor who played Scott, Darius Perkins, recently returned to Neighbours to play another character: Marty Kranic. He was implicated in the Robbo hit-and-run story as he was a bit of a dodgy character! Due to this, he couldn't easily return as Scott.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Ooohh just watched today's ep
    ..wonder who dies ?
    i thought it would have been jelly belly Harold , but it wasn't
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Ooohh just watched today's ep
    ..wonder who dies ?
    i thought it would have been jelly belly Harold , but it wasn't
    If you don't want it spoiled I wouldn't read the TV guide description, I already know from reading ahead.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    Never mind about Scott and Charlene not being there for the wedding, what about Daniel's sister Madison? :D Poor girl barely gets a mention. :( I see a future casting of her as a gobshite with a chip on her shoulder because Daniel has always been treated as the golden child whilst she lurks in his shadow. :D
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I didn't think Nasty Nick would actually give Paul cemo, only set it up to look like he was, but Paul being nauseous sure makes it seem like he did.

This is actually a pretty dark story for Neighbours, and an original plot for the show, too. I don't remember any other soap doing a fake cancer story like this.

Poor Daniel and Imogen. Glad Josh doesn't doubt his twin for a second. Now the well is being pumped full of water - Ooh, the drama! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I didn't think Nasty Nick would actually give Paul cemo, only set it up to look like he was, but Paul being nauseous sure makes it seem like he did.

This is actually a pretty dark story for Neighbours, and an original plot for the show, too. I don't remember any other soap doing a fake cancer story like this.

Poor Daniel and Imogen. Glad Josh doesn't doubt his twin for a second. Now the well is being pumped full of water - Ooh, the drama! :D

Wait, what? Josh and Imogen are meant to be twins? :o I never realised that after all this time of watching.:blush:

Agree about the fake cancer storyline. Wonder what will happen when Paul finds out. Will he get Nick struck off?
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    Wait, what? Josh and Imogen are meant to be twins? :o I never realised that after all this time of watching.:blush:

Agree about the fake cancer storyline. Wonder what will happen when Paul finds out. Will he get Nick struck off?
    Fraternal twins. They had a joint 18th last year when Josh discovered he was alcohol intolerant.

It's Paul Robinson - revenge is his speciality. I think Nick losing his licence will be the least of his worries when the truth comes out. I can't wait to see Terese's reaction. It's a criminal offence, so maybe Nick will go to jail?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

i seem to think this happened once before, again with Paul ? i seem to remember someone messed about or changed the results for someone else in soap-land and thought it was Neighbours and Paul ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Fraternal twins. They had a joint 18th last year when Josh discovered he was alcohol intolerant.

It's Paul Robinson - revenge is his speciality. I think Nick losing his licence will be the least of his worries when the truth comes out. I can't wait to see Terese's reaction. It's a criminal offence, so maybe Nick will go to jail?

Ha, I tend to zone out when Josh is on so probably wasn't paying attention. :D

Knowing Paul he will probably make Therese & co suffer for Nick's actions too.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i seem to think this happened once before, again with Paul ? i seem to remember someone messed about or changed the results for someone else in soap-land and thought it was Neighbours and Paul ?

He had a brain tumour but it was nearly missed because the woman doctor was a fake who didn't have any qualifications.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    this doc is evil :o it's quite a messed up storyline when you think about it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    this doc is evil :o it's quite a messed up storyline when you think about it

Yeah, at first I was a bt unsure about it - it is a bit sick. :blush: However...
    It develops Paul's character and also helps him form a very enjoyable bond. So since it's about character, I let them off. But it's still outrageous for Neighbours! :o:D
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paige was so annoying with her Imogen is bad stuff and Amber is my sis stuff. Josh got it right no way should she take sides. (Last weeks ep)
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    How can someone in Neighbours land be suffering from "cancer" and not call up Steph Scully to chat about it....

Paul should be on the blower right now...
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Paige was so annoying with her Imogen is bad stuff and Amber is my sis stuff. Josh got it right no way should she take sides. (Last weeks ep)

I actually think Paige is becoming really unlikeable, what with her meddling in Naomi's and Brennan's relationship at that pool party, having a go at Matt about the money and now her comments about Imogen, she is really starting to show her colours.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    I actually think Paige is becoming really unlikeable, what with her meddling in Naomi's and Brennan's relationship at that pool party, having a go at Matt about the money and now her comments about Imogen, she is really starting to show her colours.

I'm not keen on Paige either.
  • Options
    Hilary22catHilary22cat Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is probably a stupid theory/question but if the well gets filled with water, isn't that a good thing?

Could they not just float/swim to the top and shout through the grille?
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    Not write in a character in the first place that's just been a big bait to try and lure in kylie?
    Not write a wedding where it's obvious that the mother and father of the groom will be unable to attend?
    Come up with something more creative that a freaking storm in Brisbane grounding their flight?
    Maybe amber and Daniel could've spent some time with them prior to the wedding and they objected to it too and weren't coming?
    Or they'd heard from Harold that he was Banned and they said to daniel they weren't coming unless he was allowed too.

Not great but Better than a storm.

Haha THIS! that's all I was saying :)
  • Options
    Barry_SimBarry_Sim Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Been watching Neighbours from the start recently and I think this "Dark" direction with Paul and Nick as well as the "Gangster" route with Dimato is in a similar vein to how the original show was In 1985, it is enjoyable to see.

Only change I would make with show ATM, I Know it is a budget thing, is to make more of an effort with location shots, does everything have to be filmed within the confines of the studio complex? very rarely do we see anyone beyond it anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I'm not keen on Paige either.
    fiagomez wrote: »
    agreed!! she is awful IMO!!

Just wait till you see Oz pace episodes on 21st April in the UK! Her meddling and control freakery becomes bullying. Paige is the most vile character Neighbours has had for some time!
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    i was wondering this myself!!

Been missing Neighbours as am in Greece and can't get English telly, but aren't they out of the damn well yet?
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was with all the nonsense about the 'universe'? We had Susan saying to Harold that his inability to conjure up his Madge hallucination was the universe trying to tell him to move on. Then we had Daniel's quest to find the missing ring in the well to prove to Amber that the universe wasn't against them. Do people really talk such rubbish?

Daniel does!
This discussion has been closed.