Options

Fleetwood Mac Appreciation Thread!!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Most marvellous band I have ever seen and heard.

Saw them many moons ago in London, Stevie Nicks most fab vocals and then old Mick Fleetwood comes on with his drums!!

Have loved Fleetwood Mac since I was 14, I'm now 43 eek!:eek:

What do you think of them?

Comments

• Options
    Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love em.

I'm a bit rare in F/Mac fandom in that I love both the first blues band with Peter Green and the re-incarnated line up with Buckingham & Nicks. I look at them as two different groups. (I'm older than you 3 Second Memory and Mac were just breaking through when I started to take music seriously in the late 60's)

Peter Green was a big influence on me when I was learning to play Guitar and I was over the moon when I managed the main riff to Oh Well (:o It was a long time ago and I was only 13). I still give the Then Play On album an outing every couple of months or so.

I also think that Buckingham is a very under rated guitarist. His work maybe more laid back and not so obtrusive but there's some fantastic stuff - especially on Rumours and Tango In The Night.

According to the radio yesterday they're playing Wembley soon - albeit minus Chrissie McVie.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are indeed about to embark on a short tour and are playing Wembley Arena on 30/31 October. I'm going to see them on the 31st as me and my wife have liked them since we were teenagers ( 39 now!!!). I confess that I only really know their music post Peter Green and must buy some of their older albums.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Love all of Mac's music, both with and without Peter Green, although I tend to think of them as two entirely different bands. But I love the early output best - Peter was/is a genius and is one of the best musicians this country has ever produced. Man Of The World is in my top ten best tracks ever.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unlike other i LOVE the 'peter green' era but really dont like the aor material with buckingham et al....

they were the classiest act in the charts 69, 70, even imho surpassing the beatles in those years for quality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant band, just brilliant.
  • Options
    lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to see Fleetwood Mac last night - managed to get a couple of last minute tickets. What an incredible band.

Very surreal to actually see them in real life, almost like a weird dream. Stevie has fairly piled on the weight but still looks great for 61. Strange without Christine there but still a lot of chemistry between Stevie and Lindsey.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lawrenma2 wrote: »
    I went to see Fleetwood Mac last night - managed to get a couple of last minute tickets. What an incredible band.

Very surreal to actually see them in real life, almost like a weird dream. Stevie has fairly piled on the weight but still looks great for 61. Strange without Christine there but still a lot of chemistry between Stevie and Lindsey.

Great stuff. Out of interest, what time did they start & finish?? I'm seeing them at Wembley next weekend and thanks to TFL my journey to and from will be a total nightmare.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    This thread can go it's own way...I hope it doesn't become a chain ;) (get it?)
  • Options
    Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only 19 now and discovered their music a few years back [but I grew up listening to them in the car via my dad being a fan]

Been some great albums and variations over the years
  • Options
    Vince JVince J Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Play On and Rumours are my two favourite Fleetwoom albums. I came across them at my friends house and he played Rattle Snake Shake. RSS would be in my top 10 favourite songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleetwood Mac are awesome, one of the most underrated groups ever!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Love you Greenie

Need your love so bad - Greenies Fleetwood Mac

So much soul.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit of a young (26) Fleetwood Mac fan. They're one of my mum's favourite bands so I grew up listening to them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 17 and am really starting to like Fleetwood Mac :o

Have had the Rumours album and Everywhere on repeat for about 3 weeks now :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been a major fan of them for years, and Stevie Nicks solo too and Lindsay is just fantastic as is Christine McVie!

Rumours is simply one of the best albums ever! glad Glee did an episode dedicated to it last night!

Gold Dust Woman is one of my all time songs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great band, been a fan for many years, and i too agree Rumours is such a great album. 'You Make Loving Fun' my favourite on it :)
  • Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a massive FM fan since my teens, and I'm 40 now. My 17 year old son used to think I had awful taste in music until I told him to listen to Fleetwood Mac - he ended up doing his GCSE ICT project all about them, and has been successfully converted.

I like the Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham era best, but "Man of the World" is my favourite song ever.
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unlike other i LOVE the 'peter green' era but really dont like the aor material with buckingham et al....

they were the classiest act in the charts 69, 70, even imho surpassing the beatles in those years for quality.

You more or less echo my sentiments. I can take or leave Buckingham-Nicks era Fleetwood Mac, but Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is one of my favourite bands of all time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I LOVE Fleetwood Mac. I do prefer the Nicks/Buckingham line up although I do love Albatross. Surprisingly enough, I go to an ageist, sexist, homophobic etc. School in Liverpool and they're actually very popular, especially for an 'old' band (this was before Glee:mad:)
  • Options
    VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one here who most definitely prefers Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac to the later incarnation. Although, having said that, I do think that The Chain is a cracking track.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love FM. Interested to see if anything new comes out after what Stevie said last week.
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another Peter Green period fan. One of my fav songs of all time.
    'Man of the world' (live version)

A song I identify with very much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes! Stevie is such a tease, cannot wai for her new album....but a re-united new studio album will be phenomenal!

i do like some of the Pre-Buckingham era stuff but i personally feel so much for them as vocalists and their energy was so fresher to hear on my angle but yeah!

they are my all time fave rock band :D
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes! Stevie is such a tease, cannot wai for her new album....but a re-united new studio album will be phenomenal!

Already got Stevies new album shipped in from US-WHY is it not being released here until AFTER she plays HRC??