The CNBC General Discussion Thread

Comments

• ThisGenerationThisGeneration Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I'll get the clip converted and on YouTube as soon as I can, and I'll let you know when it's up.
    Forum Member
    It's up now and here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61BplGT-2g

Enjoy. :D

I also have some other Squawk Box and SOTS clips posted as well.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    ^ Great. I'll have fun watching those :D
  • Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's up now and here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61BplGT-2g

Enjoy. :D

Blimey - any danger of them actually doing a financial show at all?! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ^ Great. I'll have fun watching those :D

I have more where those came from, as I have hours of CNBC clips on DVD - mostly things from Squawk and SOTS and a few from Power Lunch and Street Signs. Most of them are openings, funny bits and anything on the Squawk shows that use music (to and from breaks etc).

When I first watched CNBC last year I recorded a lot of stuff but then wiped most of it. I say most of it because I thought I wiped it all, until watching one disc and finding that it still had some Squawk Box clips, and I'm sure that a few of them are from Carl Quintanilla's final week on the show before moving to SOTS.

My previous YouTube account (my second) had openings and stuff from Squawk and other shows, but it got suspended because I got three copyright strikes - it wasn't CNBC clips though, they were all BBC clips that got the strikes.

I've been thinking of re-uploading those CNBC clips and posting others that I've been meaning to do but haven't got around to yet.

Sorry for the long post. :o
    Forum Member
    Gordie10 wrote: »
    Blimey - any danger of them actually doing a financial show at all?! :eek:

Squawk Box is like that most of the time. You should see The Best of Squawk Box videos on YouTube - watching those you wouldn't think it was a financial show.

Near the end of last year they began something called Squawkward Moments where if one of the anchors said something a bit risqué a voiceover would say: "This Squawkward Moment has been brought to you by -" then they would say who did it.

There's even the Animal Orchestra video which plays before the Stocks to Watch segment. When Carl was on Squawk he hated the AO and still does even though he's on SOTS now. :D

Here's the AO in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Naxxww69Q

I love them though. :D:):o
    Forum Member
    Squawk Box is like that most of the time. You should see The Best of Squawk Box videos on YouTube - watching those you wouldn't think it was a financial show.

Oh I've seen those videos. I love them :D
    Forum Member
    The one from 2007 is my favourite:

The outtakes - classic. :D

Joe going up to a man and saying: "I'm Alan Greenspan, how are you?" :D :eek:

When they go to Mark Haines at the NYSE and Carl asks him to "flash a little suspender" - it's funny when Joe goes: "You're too sexy for your clothes, too sexy for your..." then Mark butts in: "For my navy blue suspender!" :D

I've forgotten the year but the outtake with Carl and Becky doing the Riverdance on St Patrick's Day and Joe refusing to do it is priceless. :D
    Forum Member
    When they go to Mark Haines at the NYSE and Carl asks him to "flash a little suspender" - it's funny when Joe goes: "You're too sexy for your clothes, too sexy for your..." then Mark butts in: "For my navy blue suspender!" :D

Haha I love that one too :D Mark Haines (RIP) was great. Nobody can replace him.
    Forum Member
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek:

I've missed the first hour of Squawk Box. I forgot they put their clocks forward in America over the weekend. :mad: :o

I thought something was wrong when they started doing the weather, and the opening was a bit weird - then I realised it was the second hour. :o

At least something good comes out of this: we get all three hours of SOTS in Europe (for this week only I think :confused:) as it starts at 1:00pm and finishes at 4:00pm instead of 2:00pm till 4:00pm.
  • Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least something good comes out of this: we get all three hours of SOTS in Europe (for this week only I think :confused:) as it starts at 1:00pm and finishes at 4:00pm instead of 2:00pm till 4:00pm.

Still 2 weeks before we put our clocks forward (always the last Sunday in March), so you may get all 3 hours this week and next week.
    Forum Member
    Gordie10 wrote: »
    Still 2 weeks before we put our clocks forward (always the last Sunday in March), so you may get all 3 hours this week and next week.

Thanks, :D that's why I put "I think" because I didn't know if it was just this week that were going to have three hours of SOTS. I've just searched on Google and clocks change on 25th March, so you're right it's two weeks - I'm really happy now and thanks again. :D:)
    Forum Member
    Thanks, :D that's why I put "I think" because I didn't know if it was just this week that were going to have three hours of SOTS. I've just searched on Google and clocks change on 25th March, so you're right it's two weeks - I'm really happy now and thanks again. :D:)

Are you watching SOTS now? Who's on there?
    Forum Member
    I'm watching - Carl, Jim and David are on - Melissa's off today, Simon's still off so Cramer's on the second hour and they're doing another 6 in 60 now.
  • am1969am1969 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Has Karen Tso been relocated to London now? It's great to wake up to her. Anyone know what show Beccy Meehan is doing now?
    Forum Member
    am1969 wrote: »
    Has Karen Tso been relocated to London now? It's great to wake up to her. Anyone know what show Beccy Meehan is doing now?

She has. I think Beccy Meehan is doing Capital Connection most of the time, but today she was filling in for Ross Westgate on Worldwide Exchange. I see Anna Edwards' name is still on the CNBC webpage but I still don't know if she left or not. Clicking on it redirects me to the CNBC Europe homepage.
    Forum Member
    I set the DVD recorder for SOTS today as I was out this afternoon. I've scanned through it and Carl, Jim and David were on in the first hour, Cramer left after that leaving the other two for the second. They really need Melissa and Simon back soon though.

Carl was head banging to some rock music they played going into the first break. :eek: :D

They even played Hakuna Matata from The Lion King as their Squawk on the Tweet question was about what film Disney would make about the Fed as both had meetings today.
    Forum Member
    Here's a round-up of yesterday's SOTS.

Show opens with "She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby. One of my favourite songs of all time. :D :cool:

Carl, Jim and David on the first hour - Melissa still off.

Mad Money celebrated it's 7th anniversary so they played a montage of Cramer's appearances on various shows, and after that he got a surprise when Rick Santelli came into the post 9 set with a cake. :)

Cramer threw his script at the telestrator during The Mad Dash segment after he tried to draw some lines on it and couldn't get it right, then he threw Carl's scripts in the air. :D :eek:

Nothing to comment on in the second hour, Simon still off so just Carl and Faber again.

Rick came back to post 9 with "The Santelli Exchange" and made appearances through the hour, and Larry Kudlow joined him and Carl around the last 10 minutes of the show.
    Forum Member
    ^ Did they not report any financial news at all? :p You don't get that with Bloomberg :D It's what keeps me watching CNBC :cool:
    Forum Member
    ^ Did they not report any financial news at all? :p You don't get that with Bloomberg :D It's what keeps me watching CNBC :cool:

And you certainly wouldn't get Bloomberg playing The Muppet Show theme (played at the start of SOTS today) at the start of one of their shows. :D
    Forum Member
    And you certainly wouldn't get Bloomberg playing The Muppet Show theme (played at the start of SOTS today) at the start of one of their shows. :D

Hell would have to freeze over before that happens :D
    Forum Member
    The latest on today's SOTS:

Opened with Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners. :D

Carl's off now, :mad: along with Melissa and Simon - so it's Faber, Cramer (who's on for 2+ hours - it said on the SOTS Twitter) and Kelly Evans.

Also from SOTS Twitter:
    Jane Wells is making an appearance later as well. :(

And items on St. Patrick's Day, The New iPad and NCAA March Madness Basketball.

There's an Irish theme to the music, and so far they've played Thin Lizzy and U2 among others.

I'm going out soon but I won't be too long. Bye for now. :D
    Forum Member
    I'm back. :D

Cramer's there for all three hours :( - an hour of him is more than enough as far as I'm concerned. :mad:

I left the DVD recorder running while I was out and scanned through it when I came back, but I needn't have bothered. I just hope Melissa and Simon are back next week, it's not really been the same without them. :(

I must admit Faber is starting to grow on me a bit, it must be the head bopping he does to the music sometimes. :o
    Forum Member
    That's it for SOTS this week.

Faber said that he was off all next week so it may mean that both Melissa and Simon return - I hope so anyway.

There didn't seem to be anything about the basketball, but I got that bit from someone that's connected with SOTS. Not that it mattered though. It was so dull today, here's hoping next week is better.
    Forum Member
    ^ Friday is always the dullest day on CNBC for some reason. Maybe it's usually because it's a slow news day and not much is happening.