Football League TV Fixtures 2014/2015

Comments

• jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fletch10 wrote: »
    Hopefully someone with the time and inclination can keep a tally going like last season.

I'd be interested to know just how many times all of the 72 clubs are shown this season across the league and the cups.

At least this season, they won't gave any issue by struggling to shown every Championship side at home once.

Wigan in the Europa last season, seemed to make it hard for Sky to fit something in
  • BluedayBlueday Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Won't be Fulham, they don't draw big tv audiences and have poor away followings. It will clearly be Leeds again, by far and away the biggest draw in the championship. Cardiff and wolves I suspect will have their fair share televised. Pity for their supporters with the awful kick times for these matches, Saturday lunchtime and even worse Friday nights.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course the Football League Trophy is also a Football League competition.

Sky's website is also there to promote Sky.

What sounds better: "55 championship games, (every championship club to be shown home at once,) and 20 games combined from League 1 and League 2, and 15 playoff games, and 15 League Cup games, and a selection of Football League Trophy games," or just simply: "112 Football League games?"

(Could as has been pointed out even be an error.)

The contract is from 2012-2015. The new contract is from 2015-2018.
  • Fletch10Fletch10 Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Of course the Football League Trophy is also a Football League competition.

Sky's website is also there to promote Sky.

What sounds better: "55 championship games, (every championship club to be shown home at once,) and 20 games combined from League 1 and League 2, and 15 playoff games, and 15 League Cup games, and a selection of Football League Trophy games," or just simply: "112 Football League games?"

(Could as has been pointed out even be an error.)

The contract is from 2012-2015. The new contract is from 2015-2018.

Fair enough then, certainly misleading though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Wednesday v Forest on Sky sat 30th aug 12.15 kick off
  • digiremotedigiremote Posts: 3,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Football League @football_league · 51m
    TV SELECTION: @LUFC v @Boro has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Sat 16th Aug (12:15pm KO) #TVgame

Leeds v Middlesbrough selected on Sat 16th Aug.
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One by one >:(
    Where is Aug 23rd selection ?
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,077
    Forum Member
    They always do it either 1 by 1 or a couple at a time. As for Leeds v Middlesbrough.........that sounds like such a potentially interesting and exciting game (not). Probably be like most of Leeds live games last season, dull as dishwater.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is of course no way of knowing what the game will be like though before it is picked.
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Sky getting in early on what will be a car crash season for Leeds:D

They were on far too much last season, they should be on every week this season for the comedy:D
    Forum Member
    The Football League @football_league · 4m

TV SELECTION: @LutonTown v @Only1Argyle has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Sat 6th Sep (12:15pm KO) #TVgame

TV SELECTION: @burtonalbionfc v @officialpompey has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Sun 7th Sep (12:15pm KO) #TVgame

TV SELECTION: @Official_NFFC v @dcfcofficial has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Sun 14th Sep (1:15pm KO) #TVgame
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what fee clubs get for a live TV game? Is is the same for Championship matches and League 1/2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fletch10 wrote: »

TV SELECTION: @LutonTown v @Only1Argyle has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Sat 6th Sep (12:15pm KO) #TVgame

TV SELECTION: @burtonalbionfc v @officialpompey has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Sun 7th Sep (12:15pm KO) #TVgame

TV SELECTION: @Official_NFFC v @dcfcofficial has been selected by @SkySports for live coverage on Sun 14th Sep (1:15pm KO) #TVgame

Translated as ;-)

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle

Burton Albion v Portsmouth

Nottm Forest v Derby County
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,077
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    Does anyone know what fee clubs get for a live TV game? Is is the same for Championship matches and League 1/2?

For this season (may change for next season as it's a new deal) in the Championship it's £80k for the home team and nothing for the away team, in L1/L2 it's £30k for the home team and £10k for the away team.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.
    Forum Member
    Judio wrote: »
    Translated as ;-)

Luton Town v Plymouth Argyle

Burton Albion v Portsmouth

Nottm Forest v Derby County

Didn't think it needed translating but thanks anyway! :D

So including the cup games Derby, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff have already been selected twice whilst half the Championship await their first game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is convention that you use teams official names when typing on a general forum.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is convention that you use teams official names when typing on a general forum.

It's also convention to provide a source. I don't see the problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly the post was against forum rules though. Someone else took the effort to translate the post so it was not just me that thought that.
    Forum Member
    Clearly the post was against forum rules though. Someone else took the effort to translate the post so it was not just me that thought that.

Against forum rules? Wow. I was posting it directly from twitter as the football league twitter feed were the ones to announce the TV selections. I thought the twitter handles were pretty self explanaitory so didn't bother repeating the original content.

I simply won't bother next time, as I can't be bothered with petty arguments, it's a forum thread about football fixtures for pity sake, there are more important things in life to worry and take issue about. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont worry about the comment , the problem with not posting proper names has arisen as some posters used derogatory names for a club

The Football League twitter is confusing for some , I only posted to make it clearer
    Forum Member
    Judio wrote: »
    Dont worry about the comment , the problem with not posting proper names has arisen as some posters used derogatory names for a club

The Football League twitter is confusing for some , I only posted to make it clearer

I'm not worried and I wasn't bothered that you "translated" for me, hence the big smilie face originally. *big thumbs up smilie and high five*
  • loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,052
    Forum Member
    I think the sat 23rd aug game will be ipswich v norwich (game moved to sun but now police want it moved to sat, after meeting various bodies)
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    I think you mean Ipswich Town v Norwich City.

That post was against forum rules,;-)
    Forum Member
    Watford Football Club hosting Athletic Football Club Bournemouth (formerly known as Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic Football Club) could be selected for a televised game in September. :D:p