Gotham (UK Pace) - Starts Monday 13th October 9pm

Comments

• myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad episode mostly due to Alfred and his (ex) Scottish mate. Agree with the rest of you about the Fish Mooney scenes, so far from sense or any flow of story line.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Not a bad episode mostly due to Alfred and his (ex) Scottish mate. Agree with the rest of you about the Fish Mooney scenes, so far from sense or any flow of story line.

Alfred's Scottish mate was played by a Scottish actor but it seemed to me that his accent wondered all over the place

Destro, the second guy to put on the red mask was played by a Brit, Jonny Coyne
  • simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Making him another possible Joker.

No, absolutely not. The Red Hood of the comics 'verse has yet to be born, but he is most definitely not going to be the Joker.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I didn't like the way that they introduced Jerome as the potential Joker as they made it obvious by having him act like a maniac when being interviewed by Gordon

I would have preferred him acting normally during the interview but have him give a brief Joker like smile as he left the interview room.

It seems like they are just trying to rush everything with Gotham when I think it would be a better show if they took their time and build the characters up slowly!

I'm a big Batman fan but I just find Gotham to be very average show

Used to think that, yes they have introduced a lot of characters, but they are far from the finished article.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Ben McKenzie appeared on The Late Late Show last night, not that he needed to bother as he hardly got a word in. A short clip of Gordon infront of the press saying that Gotham is going to change.
  • saturns ringssaturns rings Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Alfred's Scottish mate was played by a Scottish actor but it seemed to me that his accent wondered all over the place

Yeah I thought that as well. Must be a long time since he was in scotland :)
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't mind at all if it's true that Jada won't be around for season 2. No disrespect to her - I think she's played the part well enough - but she just isn't a believable character and her recent incarceration story line has been laughably poor.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really strong episode of Gotham this week. Enjoyed it a lot, mainly due to the Alfred/Bruce/Reggie storyline. Shocking scene when Reggie stabbed Alfred, didn't see that coming at all nor the twist. I know Alfred will most likely survive but it was quite a shock when it actually happened. So am i right in thinking Wayne Enterprises hired Reggie to spy on Bruce/Alfred and find out what info Bruce had on the underworld practises of the company? Did they tell him to kill Alfred?

The guy that played Reggie i've seen him in quite a few things. Last time i saw him on tv was in the last series of Luther on BBC1.

I quite liked the Butch/Penguin dynamic, that was fun to watch.

Fish again was useless but cracking scene when she gorged her eye out. Disgusting but brilliant scene! Will we see her wearing an eyepatch next week? :D
    If anyone doesn't remember Dollmaker is the one who tried to have Gotham's homeless children abducted near the start of the series, which also concerned Selina Kyle.

I remember that episode when whey were abducting kids but that wasn't for their bodyparts was it? What was the reason for kidnapping kids? Things have certainly moved up a notch if he now has ownership of a private hospital to incarcerate people and experiment on them.
    Corwin wrote: »
    Making him another possible Joker.

In the scene when the gang first robbed the bank and the young kid put on the red hood and jumped up on the table i did actually think what is this another guy who could play The Joker because he did let out a manic laugh which sounded a lot like how the Joker would sound!
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    I won't mind at all if it's true that Jada won't be around for season 2. No disrespect to her - I think she's played the part well enough - but she just isn't a believable character and her recent incarceration story line has been laughably poor.

This Fish incarceration storyline is definetely one of the WORST storylines of the entire season. It's just pointless and utterly stupid! Do the writers really think this is making Gotham a better show? Someone needs to give them a reality check over there.
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Ben McKenzie appeared on The Late Late Show last night, not that he needed to bother as he hardly got a word in. A short clip of Gordon infront of the press saying that Gotham is going to change.

Yeah, i spotted him on James Corden show alongside Mark Ronson and Kristen Stewart. He didn't seem to say much based on the YouTube clips i saw. Seems quite introverted as did Kristen Stewart in fact.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Do the writers really think this is making Gotham a better show? Someone needs to give them a reality check over there
    Gotham? Reality? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well when you put it like that! :D

Purely by accident i saw an ad on 5 promoting tomorrow night's episode of Gotham, very spoilery imo re Fish! Images we don't need to see! >:(

Does anyone know if the viewing figures have gone back up to 2m for this show since its return from the midseason break?
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally caught up on the this week's "Red Hood" episode and actually quite enjoyed it though Fish's storyline isn't that engaging but I expect it to tie back in to make it more interesting.

Overall I'm starting to lose interest in the series after a strong return double episode after the mid season break.
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the viewing figures have gone back up to 2m for this show since its return from the midseason break?

So far the figures from BARB as follows:

"Rogues' Gallery/What the Little Bird Told Him" - #1 on C5 - 1.83M (increased to 2.06M using 28 day data);
    "Welcome Back, Jim Gordon" - #1 on C5 1.76M;
    "The Fearsome Dr. Crane" - #1 on C5 1.8M;
    "The Scarecrow" - #2 on C5 1.56M.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Destro, the second guy to put on the red mask was played by a Brit, Jonny Coyne

What have I seen him on before?
    It's not Peaky Blinders is it?

I know that I've seen him on something quite recently, and I think that really is his own accent and isn't put on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What have I seen him on before?
    It's not Peaky Blinders is it?

I know that I've seen him on something quite recently, and I think that really is his own accent and isn't put on.

Luther...maybe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Luther...maybe?

No it's not that, I don't watch Luther.
    What's the actor's name?

Edit: David O'Hara. I've noticed that he was in the series 'The Tudors'. I think that's where I recognise him from. He was also in the 2008 film 'Wanted' with James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie, so I probably recognise him from that too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's not that, I don't watch Luther.
    What's the actor's name?

The Tudors perhaps...David O'Hara is the actor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    The Tudors perhaps...David O'Hara is the actor.

Yes, that's it. I was writing my post above as you posted yours.
    Forum Member
    I just can't see where the Fish storyline is going. I've read she's been written out so i', assuming they've written themselves into a corner and just trying to keep her semi-relevant without just ditcher her completely leaving people wondering what happened to her.

To be honest, if she dissapeared off into the distance on that boat I would have been happy.
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found last episode really dull, the cop story every week is so boring. In fact, I'm struggling to find any positives for this week. The Bruce storyline was decent last week but was barely in it this week. Nygma was ok again, wouldn't mind an episode based around him, he's more interesting than all the other characters imo.
    To be honest, if she dissapeared off into the distance on that boat I would have been happy.

They should have killed her off a while ago. She'd been a big enough character for her death to send some kind of shockwave through the Gotham-verse.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who's eye did she rip out of her head? Was is someone elses and made it look like hers?
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alright episode this week, wasn't swayed either way as I somewhat liked the piece on the investigation on Commissioner Loeb but again the Fish story line still resembles someone that quickly written at the last minute to replace one that perhaps couldn't be screened for legal/important reasons.
    Who's eye did she rip out of her head? Was is someone elses and made it look like hers?
    She ripped her own eye out last week and the doctor guy (forgot his name) put in the blue eye shown this week.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright episode this week, wasn't swayed either way as I somewhat liked the piece on the investigation on Commissioner Loeb but again the Fish story line still resembles someone that quickly written at the last minute to replace one that perhaps couldn't be screened for legal/important reasons.

She ripped her own eye out last week and the doctor guy (forgot his name) put in the blue eye shown this week.

Oh I see thanks. I missed last weeks ep so thought she had faked ripping her eye out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe the Fish story was something they had to quickly knock up due to finding out that she was going to leave?
    I'm glad anyway because she was always my least favourite character since the first series of Gotham began. Too pantomime for me.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Her panto acting is kind of what I like about her!
    Forum Member
    She seemed to only be there to introduce Penguin into the show. They should have just had her as a guest star for a few episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't see where the Fish storyline is going. I've read she's been written out so i', assuming they've written themselves into a corner and just trying to keep her semi-relevant without just ditcher her completely leaving people wondering what happened to her.

I can't disagree with this. When she left on that boat i thought that was the end of her and i would have been happy with that as she had a nice run on Gotham but this current storyline is beyond ridiculous. Is that doctor part of the comics? Is he a real villain of sorts? Now we find out she's stuck on some island with no way of escaping. Why not just leave her there and let that be the end of her? Of course they have to give her some sort of closure but i don't see the point of her coming back to Gotham. She's done.
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    They should have killed her off a while ago. She'd been a big enough character for her death to send some kind of shockwave through the Gotham-verse.
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    ^ Her panto acting is kind of what I like about her!

Killing her off would have been ideal as she was big enough of a nemesis to Falcone, Maroni and Penguin for her to go out with a bang. To be honest i didn't mind her over the top pantomime style of acting. I thought it suited her character down to the ground. She kinda reminds me of Eartha Kitt and how she acted as Catwoman in the Batman tv show from the 60's.
    Alright episode this week, wasn't swayed either way as I somewhat liked the piece on the investigation on Commissioner Loeb.

I didn't have a problem with the Loeb/currupt police storyline. Sometimes it's good not to have a villain of the week plot. I was disappointed there wasn't more of Bruce/Alfred and Reggie. I'm gonna look forward to Alfred kicking Reggie's arse!

How did Selina find out about Alfred? Felt her appearance was just shoehorned in.

Completely spoiled by Ch5 FFS as they showed her with the new blue eye in an ad promoting this episode on the channel.