Long live Nigel Farage!

Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
Forum Member
✭✭
UKIP has a great chance of getting its first MP tomorrow. The people's Army are behind you Douglas.

Comments

• radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    UKIP has a great chance of getting its first MP tomorrow. The people's Army are behind you Douglas.

Need to give Labour a scare in Heywood too though.
  • MattNMattN Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time do we think we'll first see Nigel live on tv behind a bar then?
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this "People's Army" stuff sounds frightfully Maoist to me.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron, Clegg and Miliband won't be cheering.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

My cat sounds Meowist to me. I'm always telling her to watch tse tounge :kitty:
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Need to give Labour a scare in Heywood too though.

The polls aren't looking favourable for UKIP. It looks like they'll pick up a decent percentage of the vote, but Labour will still comfortably retain the seat thanks to the LibDem vote collapsing, and their supporters voting Labour to keep UKIP out.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

Sounds a bit crap to me.

What about all the people who aren't in this army?
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    First up against the wall when the revolution comes
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    MattN wrote: »
    What time do we think we'll first see Nigel live on tv behind a bar then?

He might well end up having a beer on Clacton pier!
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKIP are basically "Essence of Tory" by Calvin Farage.

While the actual Conservatives come across like one of those wacky European parties. Despite Camerons protests you know he just loves the EU.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personality Cult
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds a bit crap to me.

They can join the 'Army of the People' instead. Much better then the the 'People's Army'... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds a bit crap to me.

They're rapidly decreasing in number, Clacton's a prime example.
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    The polls aren't looking favourable for UKIP. It looks like they'll pick up a decent percentage of the vote, but Labour will still comfortably retain the seat thanks to the LibDem vote collapsing, and their supporters voting Labour to keep UKIP out.

Heywood was always going to be a mountain to climb in a safe Labour seat. I think if they can get around 25-30% of the vote it will send a wake-up call to Milliband.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member

Getting their 1st MP is a big thing for UKIP but ultimately it's a mid term defection with the sitting MP winning the seat. It's not an earthquake.
  • JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    Getting their 1st MP is a big thing for UKIP but ultimately it's a mid term defection with the sitting MP winning the seat. It's not an earthquake.

It's very significant because other would-be defectors might be encouraged to make the switch too, and will also give momentum to UKIP and Mark Reckless taking the seat in Rochester.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Farage was King. Then we could enjoy his antics safe in the knowledge that he would never have any actual power.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »

Hardly mid-term, in fact designed for embarrassment of the Tories.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    Long live Nigel Farage.

Perhaps.

But regrettably national service by 2017 could now be an inevitability.

Whoever is in power.

IS. Ebola. Ukraine. Etc.

Men and women. Black and white. Christian and Muslim. Straight and gay.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Threads like this hardly dismiss the notion that UKIP is a "one person" party do they. I wouldn't knock anyone who chooses to vote UKIP, I personally wouldn't but then each to there own, but this obsession with "Nigel" as opposed to the party is all a little bizarre. Or not, if Nigel IS the party...
  • Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people's Army are behind you Douglas.

Is this a paid professional army or one full of conscripts ?
  • Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Despite Camerons protests you know he just loves the EU.

Agreed.

If there is to be an EU membership referendum, expect David Cameron to campaign for the UK to remain in the EU.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People's Army my Aunt Fanny.

The minute a defecting Tory, a rich bloke or someone well connected comes along the "people" get shoved aside as prospective candidates/party representatives so they can get parachuted in or "non jobs" created for them.

William Cash...son of Tory MP with moated Elizabethan manor house one minute..."Heritage Spokesperson" the next.

Meanwhile they do everything they can to bury the fruitcake/loony "people" who have been around for years somewhere where they can't cause them political embarrassment.
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The minute a defecting Tory, a rich bloke or someone well connected comes along the "people" get shoved aside as prospective candidates/party representatives so they can get parachuted in or "non jobs" created for them.

William Cash...son of Tory MP with moated Elizabethan manor house one minute..."Heritage Spokesperson" the next.

Meanwhile they do everything they can to bury the fruitcake/loony "people" who have been around for years somewhere where they can't cause them political embarrassment.

Post of the day.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member

I am more than happy for them to win in Clacton but there is a question about Carswell. Will he be very different from the way he was before being re-elected? Surely the answer is no. Same bloke. Same views. Different label.