Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    Two people that like staying in hotels. On the same planet?

*smacks face with astonishment*

:D:D

What do you mean you've never heard of Bomolad? He's really funny and deep :)
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

What do you mean you've never heard of Bomolad? He's really funny and deep :)

I'm both and much, much more. I'm the milkybar kid, but with attitude.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two people that like staying in hotels. On the same planet?

*smacks face with astonishment*

Hey, it is a good chance to meet new and different people, espcially if there is a resturant or a cafe with the hotel.
    I have had a few good conversations with people at hotels that I didn't know until I said hello to them.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, it is a good chance to meet new and different people, espcially if there is a resturant or a cafe with the hotel.
    I have had a few good conversations with people at hotels that I didn't know until I said hello to them.:o

Oh you're one of those.

'Darling if that man is there again when we go down, make excuses and leave'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh you're one of those.

'Darling if that man is there again when we go down, make excuses and leave'

What is wrong with talking to people? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am almost lethally anti-social in any non-party, non-pubbing setting. I hide it well, but only because there are laws about murder.
    Do you start these conversations batty?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is wrong with talking to people? :o

From what perspective would you like me to answer that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am almost lethally anti-social in any non-party, non-pubbing setting. I hide it well, but only because there are laws about murder.
    Do you start these conversations batty?

Sometimes I do start them yes, start off with a bit of small talk, such as "why are you staying here", "have you come for any specific reason" etc etc.
    It can be quite revealing, if I am in a place that I have been before, and they have or would like some info on i we get talking about that, but it can be all manner of diffetent reasons, someobe I got talking to, stayed at the hotel that we were both staying at because he liked the owners voice on the telephone!
    There are lots of different people out there, and it can be fun learnibg about them.
    From what perspective would you like me to answer that?

Sorry, just from a, sort of, "what is wrong with getting to know yoyr fellow man or woman", sort of stance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I do start them yes, start off with a bit of small talk, such as "why are you staying here", "have you come for any specific reason" etc etc.
    It can be quite revealing, if I am in a place that I have been before, and they have or would like some info on i we get talking about that, but it can be all manner of diffetent reasons, someobe I got talking to, stayed at the hotel that we were both staying at because he liked the owners voice on the telephone!
    There are lots of different people out there, and it can be fun learnibg about them.

Sorry, just from a, sort of, "what is wrong with getting to know yoyr fellow man or woman", sort of stance.

It's a bit creepy if some randomer starts talking to you if you're chillin' in the hotel lobby. Having a beer, reading the paper, having a chill and then some plonker comes up and starts yattering on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am knackered, so I am off to bed and hopefully a good nights sleep, good night everyone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, that is a bouncy attitude. Bouncy as in like a ball and I honestly hope you never have it kicked out of you...........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit creepy if some randomer starts talking to you if you're chillin' in the hotel lobby. Having a beer, reading the paper, having a chill and then some plonker comes up and starts yattering on.

Okay, one more message and then sleep time, it all just depends on the situation, I wouldn't disturb someone if they were deep in a book, or something like that.

It is just good natured anyway, nothing malicious or anything like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that is a bouncy attitude. Bouncy as in like a ball and I honestly hope you never have it kicked out of you...........

Each to their own way of doing things, but I just like meeting new people.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Each to their own way of doing things, but I just like meeting new people.:o

I prefer to meet people I have more in common with than just happening to be in the same location.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate small talk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate small talk.

I presume then there are certain subject you wish to avoid.
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,538
    Forum Member
    This will only interest Tribec but is still related to Man Utd....

CBC reporter at the Stanley Cup Final in LA said there were lots of celebrities in attendance, including "David Beckman".

:D:D:D
  • Options
    TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In hotels the protocol is to read a book when in the bar or dining room - this is British business speak for 'F*** off, I don't want to talk'. This of course is redundant if there is a woman by herself in the vicinity - this turns one into the most social person in the world.

True show offs of course replace the book with an iPad, which gives them the chance to say loudly 'Is there WiFi in here?'
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tombstone wrote: »
    In hotels the protocol is to read a book when in the bar or dining room - this is British business speak for 'F*** off, I don't want to talk'. This of course is redundant if there is a woman by herself in the vicinity - this turns one into the most social person in the world.

True show offs of course replace the book with an iPad, which gives them the chance to say loudly 'Is there WiFi in here?'

or a Kindle. ;), im poor I dont have one.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I miss the Premier League season :(
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    This will only interest Tribec but is still related to Man Utd....

CBC reporter at the Stanley Cup Final in LA said there were lots of celebrities in attendance, including "David Beckman".

:D:D:D

He has his only little clip on NHL.com even. I'm torn on them winning the cup. I like the fact a team from the West have won it, as it kills the East is stronger arguements. However, it's them. I naturally dislike Vancouver and Calgary... but the Kings they stole Wayne from us... We'd have won more than our 5 cups were it not for THE trade.

I'm waiting for the first pictures of Beck's with the Stanley Cup, as I wouldn't be shocked to see that he'd have got into the dressing room party afterwards. Not seen that video yet, but it will be coming soon I'm sure.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    I miss the Premier League season :(

Next season's fixture list is out on Monday so that makes me feel better. At least I can start planning some weekends away and reply to wedding invites!!

M refuses to book anything or make plans in case it clashes with a home game. I've not got the heart to break it to him that we go to Hamburg on the opening weekend :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Next season's fixture list is out on Monday so that makes me feel better. At least I can start planning some weekends away and reply to wedding invites!!

M refuses to book anything or make plans in case it clashes with a home game. I've not got the heart to break it to him that we go to Hamburg on the opening weekend :eek:

I've seen the first draft we play City at OT that weekend.... Baggsy first dibs on the ticket...
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    I've seen the first draft we play City at OT that weekend.... Baggsy first dibs on the ticket...

I suspect you'd get the flight to Hamburg with me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I suspect you'd get the flight to Hamburg with me :D

Come on Jo, you not telling me you haven't got him trained yet? He isn't under the thumb as such? That's a poor show.:(;)
This discussion has been closed.