Legends of Tomorrow - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Confirmed to air in January, 2016, this will be the third CW show based within the CD Universe. The other shows; Gotham (on FOX) and Supergirl (coming to CBS) don't currently share that universe, though they're both worthy of mention.

Legends of Tomorrow is the third spinoff from Arrow, following the Flash as the first (very successful) spinoff. Unlike the other two shows though, this one is more about a team of heroes, rather than the origin of one (although I am aware Arrow and Flash have their own little teams, but they're very much originally about Ollie and Barry).

The cast and characters:

Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein / Firestorm (it should be noted here that Robbie Amell / Ronnie Raymond hasn't been mentioned as part of the show)
Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer / Atom
Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter
Caity Lotz - it's unknown who she is playing, though I think another version of the Canary is a possibility. Writers are being tight-lipped on her role though, hopefully it'll be established on the Arrow/Flash final before this new show goes live, rather than have her just turn up
Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory / Heat Wave
Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart / Captain Cold
Ciara Renée as Kendra Saunders / Hawkgirl
Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson

I'm fully expecting Barry and Ollie to show up throughout the series too, in addition to other characters from the same universe. What I am most intrigued with though; Rip Hunter is from the future, and manages to travel back in time for reasons currently unknown. I don't know either from which future he is from (or rather, what year) but if he's traveling through time, would have some knowledge of Edobard Thawne?

Whilst we wait for Janruary, lets all speculate. Best to Tag Comic Spoilers too, just in case people don't want to read them. :)

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are only having Stein because he is there to be the brains of the operation instead of being firestorm.

With Caity Lotz I think she will be pulled from the time between season 2 and 3, so it will be the same one we know, just from before she died.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I think they are only having Stein because he is there to be the brains of the operation instead of being firestorm.
    Makes sense, though that'll mean that somehow, they're going to split Firestorm (or undo him entirely)? I suppose if Ronnie can be Firestorm without Stein, and then become an aid to Barry, it would allow for Flash to expand the heroes of it's show, though do we really want Flash becoming another team-up? Hmm...
    With Caity Lotz I think she will be pulled from the time between season 2 and 3, so it will be the same one we know, just from before she died.
    You mean pulled from time? But we saw her die, and these shows are in the same universe, so if she was pulled, she wouldn't have died. :p There's still a promo for Arrow that had her in, though she didn't appear in the episode that the promo was for. I'm still expecting her resurrection to (somehow) take place on Arrow, rather than her be rescued by a time traveler.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I'll give this is look. I hope they keep the show more light and fun, than dark and gritty (More Flash-y, less Arrow-y). Looking at the characters involved, I think they will.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch it, sure, even if the title does bring to mind a Disneyland attraction from the 60s. Still just worried than my tolerance for comic book stuff is about to hit saturation point, especially with crossovers creating a bit of a nightmare of trying to keep up and not end up spoiled.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be watching with interest, I just hope that having yet another show on the go doesn't lead to the creators taking their eyes off of Flash and Arrow. Too many irons in the fire and all that. Flash has had a strong debut season but Arrow's quality has already taken a nosedive this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Makes sense, though that'll mean that somehow, they're going to split Firestorm (or undo him entirely)? I suppose if Ronnie can be Firestorm without Stein, and then become an aid to Barry, it would allow for Flash to expand the heroes of it's show, though do we really want Flash becoming another team-up? Hmm...

You mean pulled from time? But we saw her die, and these shows are in the same universe, so if she was pulled, she wouldn't have died. :p There's still a promo for Arrow that had her in, though she didn't appear in the episode that the promo was for. I'm still expecting her resurrection to (somehow) take place on Arrow, rather than her be rescued by a time traveler.

Yeah, I think Rip Hunter is going to be grabbing these people when they are alive and capable (young) enough to deal with the threat. So he will take her from her time and once he has finished with her she will be put back so she can then go on to die when she was meant to.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I think Rip Hunter is going to be grabbing these people when they are alive and capable (young) enough to deal with the threat. So he will take her from her time and once he has finished with her she will be put back so she can then go on to die when she was meant to.
    Well if this turns out to be remotely true, that's going to suck for her. :p I'm not seeing the likelihood though, simply because if she's in a show where Atom, Arrow and Flash are going to show up, then the dynamic between the characters wouldn't work. Besides, if this LoT show goes on for 8-10 series, Sara's going to look older than she was when she died, and nobody seemed to notice a 10year age advance when she was lying on that table dead. ;-)

She's going to be brought back somehow, assuming she was actually dead in the first place, and not merely drugged so that it appeared she was dead (the league and many of the characters are aware of such substances).
  • ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can probably be brought back with the Lazarus Pit, Oliver may have control of it by Season 4 of Arrow. I don't think she should have ever been buried, they should have told Nyssa straight after it happened and she would have revived her then but back then only comic fans knew of the probable existence of the Lazarus Pit. The problem with Arrow/The Flash is everyone is constantly keeping secrets to 'protect' people and nearly always making things worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if this turns out to be remotely true, that's going to suck for her. :p I'm not seeing the likelihood though, simply because if she's in a show where Atom, Arrow and Flash are going to show up, then the dynamic between the characters wouldn't work. Besides, if this LoT show goes on for 8-10 series, Sara's going to look older than she was when she died, and nobody seemed to notice a 10year age advance when she was lying on that table dead. ;-)

She's going to be brought back somehow, assuming she was actually dead in the first place, and not merely drugged so that it appeared she was dead (the league and many of the characters are aware of such substances).

They might not have her in it for that long though, there could be a revolving cast with a few members constant.

It would suck for her but i'm sure she wouldn't be told of her impending doom.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Flash525 In your original post you said it's the third show in a CD Universe. What is a CD Universe?

Also The CW and CBS are both owned by the same company so it is possible that Supergirl could be set within the same universe as Arrow,Flash and Legends Of Tomorrow which means that crossovers could be a possibility!
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Flash525 In your original post you said it's the third show in a CD Universe. What is a CD Universe?

DC

I do wonder what the 2nd spin off from Arrow was if this is the third though? :D;-)
    Legends of Tomorrow is the third spinoff from Arrow,
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    DC

I do wonder what the 2nd spin off from Arrow was if this is the third though?
    Yeah, meant DC Universe, sorry. Thanks Corwin. :)
    Also The CW and CBS are both owned by the same company so it is possible that Supergirl could be set within the same universe as Arrow,Flash and Legends Of Tomorrow which means that crossovers could be a possibility!
    Both CW and CBS are owned by the same company, yeah, but they're not the same network. With Arrow, Flash and LoT we know they'll crossover. Supergirl isn't as validated. It's possible for sure, but I expect there's more to it.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Yeah it does seem from DC press release that they confirm that obviously that Arrow,Flash and Legends Of Tomorrow are set within the same universe.However they didn't do that when Supergirl was announced

An interesting thing I read of the official synopsis of Legends Of Tomorrow is that it make it sound like Rip Hunter is the main character in the series that brings the other heroes and villains together to fight a bigger threat!
    Forum Member
    An interesting thing I read of the official synopsis of Legends Of Tomorrow is that it make it sound like Rip Hunter is the main character in the series that brings the other heroes and villains together to fight a bigger threat!
    I have a theory on the impending result of this series.

In the promo for the Flash final, it is implied (heavily) that Barry saves his mom. If he does, then this creates the Flashpoint Paradox (I'm not entirely clued up on those events, though I know more damage is done as a result). Either way, this new show is suppose to air in January, and I'm wondering whether Rip Hunter travels back in time to correct what Barry has screwed up?

if Barry saving his mom causes severe carnage in the future, then it stands to reason that someone from the future might try to stop him (though at the same time, it's possible that it is Edobard Thawne that traveled back in time to stop this very thing from happening in the first place). :o
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is this what the whole felicity signing last week on arrow was about? Ray is going off to do his own spinoff? Shame as I quite like him, he's a bit of lighthearted relief in arrow and rough plays him killer like.
    Agee with theory above of hunter grabbing Sara from a point in time, probably sticks her back at same point, like The Doctor says in Dr Who "I can take you, travel all of time and space, have you back in time for the reception"
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    So is this what the whole felicity signing last week on arrow was about? Ray is going off to do his own spinoff?
    Ahem, having seen the Arrow final a minute ago, and with what happens where Ray is concerned:
    He's playing with his suit, something goes wrong, and there's an explosion that takes out three levels of his tower.

I'm wondering whether the assembly of the new team (by a time traveler) is actually as suggested by above; Rip Hunter comes back through time, picks people up moments before their untimely fate and assembles them into a new team. We already know Sara is dead, and after the explosion at Palmer tech, I'd be amazed if Ray wasn't dead (or injured beyond aid); though it's possible I suppose that his nanotech could save his life again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Sara is going to be the White Canary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahem, having seen the Arrow final a minute ago, and with what happens where Ray is concerned:
    He's playing with his suit, something goes wrong, and there's an explosion that takes out three levels of his tower.

I'm wondering whether the assembly of the new team (by a time traveler) is actually as suggested by above; Rip Hunter comes back through time, picks people up moments before their untimely fate and assembles them into a new team. We already know Sara is dead, and after the explosion at Palmer tech, I'd be amazed if Ray wasn't dead (or injured beyond aid); though it's possible I suppose that his nanotech could save his life again?
    Not sure. It could be that but if you watch he goes to fiddle with it and a blue light absorbs him just before it goes boom. Now The Atom is the first Ant-Man and he can shrink but still retain all his strength and agility etc so he could have just shrunk down (that's what he was doing, trying to miniturize the suit) and that saved him
  • GJKitchenerGJKitchener Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

A long preview - answering a few questions.... particularly the one about Sara!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

Bloody hell that's great

Now I'm annoyed I have to wait 7 months to watch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea was just oming to post the trailer for it. I guess it answers and confirms what I just said in my post there.
    and we see what happens with her too. I'm kinda gutted we didn't see that in Arrow though. I guess Malcolm does it to make amends with Oliver. Wonder how the others will take to that though...my guess is he won't tell them. Typical Oliver.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

That looks amazing.

Supergirl may be worth a watch but Legends has jumped very high on my most anticipated list.

Good job CW, good job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All these awesome superhero shows need to stop, I can only get so erect.

This looks so damn good, It has literally become my most anticipated thing EVER!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    Yea was just oming to post the trailer for it. I guess it answers and confirms what I just said in my post there.
    and we see what happens with her too. I'm kinda gutted we didn't see that in Arrow though. I guess Malcolm does it to make amends with Oliver. Wonder how the others will take to that though...my guess is he won't tell them. Typical Oliver.

Could we see it in S4 of Arrow as this is airing later?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to need a specified day next year to watch TV alone.
    So many on that I don't think I'll be able to cope. I'll need superman like strength to hold up the weight of these shows piliing on top of me.
    Why does TV need to be so good these days? The stories, the characters, the "universes", the actors....it's just a fantastic time for TV, has been for a while but it doesn't look like it is ending any time soon either. Good for TV, bad for my viewing schedule lol