EE cast lists

monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,854
Forum Member
I haven't wanted to make a thread since being back on but this has annoyed me. SOC has stopped the cast lists. He is ruining the fun of speculating and enjoyment there is away from just watching it. I like to know when my favourites will be in episodes as i look forward to them more and i don't want to be let down when theyre not in it. :(

Comments

• T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Monalisa has returned with a vengeance. :o:D

I agree with you, I like to know who is in the episode purely because I'm picky about which episodes to watch nowadays. There are certain characters/storylines that bore the tears out of me and I like to avoid them as much as I can.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,854
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Th Monalisa has returned with a vengeance. :o:D

I agree with you, I like to know who is in the episode purely because I'm picky about which episodes to watch nowadays. There are certain characters/storylines that bore the tears out of me and I like to avoid them as much as I can.

Lol i have been around for a couple of weeks but not posting much as i dont wanna get into arguments lol

This has made me more convinced he stopped the helpdesk from sending cast cards out. It makes more sense now. I watch every ep but i just like to have something to look forward to. There's more to being a fan of the show than just watching it. It might get to the point ill not watch it live anymore :( it wouldn't be so bad atm if my favourite had a storyline itll be worse when they go on a break:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol i have been around for a couple of weeks but not posting much as i dont wanna get into arguments lol

This has made me more convinced he stopped the helpdesk from sending cast cards out. It makes more sense now. I watch every ep but i just like to have something to look forward to. There's more to being a fan of the show than just watching it. It might get to the point ill not watch it live anymore :( it wouldn't be so bad atm if my favourite had a storyline itll be worse when they go on a break:(

I see, if that's true, I guess SOC wants to create more suspense and secrecy around the show like the old days. I can understand why he'd stop the cast lists, but I can see your point in terms of it ruining the fun of speculating about upcoming episodes.

I watch most episodes on iPlayer nowadays, so it's a good option to have. :)
    Forum Member
    I see, if that's true, I guess SOC wants to create more suspense and secrecy around the show like the old days. I can understand why he'd stop the cast lists, but I can see your point.

I watch most episodes on iPlayer nowadays, so it's a good option to have. :)

Its having the opposite affect for me. I hate iplayer lol sky+ is amazing i have it on series link anyway but always watch it live when i can. There is a way of having more secrecy but ruining all the fun for us isnt fair. There will be less to speculate about which means less people discussing the show. Its not like theres anything really major in the episodes happening. Why was thursdays ep embargoed for :confused: he stopped thMe script peaks aswell its not like they gave anything away, and there has been no episode descriptions uploaded since new year which doesnt make sense as they wouldnt be giving anything away either. Plus there was no yearly mini spoilers we got as cryptic clues at the start of the year

Also another reason is there will be less people going on the website. The cast lists are the main reason why people use it, it doesnt offer anyhing else. I also like to look back on previous episodes now there will be nowhere to do it

I wont have an issue for week 7 as my mum is away, but from week 8 onwards if i dont watch it live i wont know when ill see it cos she watches loads. You can tell i hate regular things im used to being messed around with
  • Kirk AngelKirk Angel Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad you're back, Mona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its having the opposite affect for me. I hate iplayer lol sky+ is amazing i have it on series link anyway but always watch it live when i can. There is a way of having more secrecy but ruining all the fun for us isnt fair. There will be less to speculate about which means less people discussing the show. Its not like theres anything really major in the episodes happening. Why was thursdays ep embargoed for :confused: he stopped the script peaks aswell its not like they gave anything away, and there has been no episode descriptions uploaded since new year which doesnt make sense as they wouldnt be giving anything away either. Plus there was no yearly mini spoilers we got as cryptic clues at the start of the year

I wont have an issue for week 7 as my mum is away, but from week 8 onwards if i dont watch it live i wont know when ill see it cos she watches loads. You can tell i hate regular things im used to being messed around with

But surely you'd still be able to speculate about storylines/characters even without the cast lists?

It might ruin the short-term speculation for upcoming episodes, but you'd still be able to speculate about the direction of a storyline or character or a twist that may be coming up. And isn't it more fun not to know? :)

Seems like we will have to get use to being in the dark under SOC. :D
    Forum Member
    But surely you'd still be able to speculate about storylines/characters even without the cast lists?

It might ruin the short-term speculation for upcoming episodes, but you'd still be able to speculate about the direction of a storyline or character or a twist that may be coming up. And isn't it more fun not to know? :)

Seems like we will have to get use being in the dark under SOC. :D

Sorry i edited my posts with other stuff in it. Its also not just about speculating. Yes but there will be less out there to speculate on. I cant always guess what my favourites will do

I dont mind the odd twist, i loved the vic raid. But i prefer to know if my favourites will be in eps. Its more frustrating if your favourite is being used as a plot device most of the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry i edited my posts with other stuff in it. Its also not just about speculating. Yes but there will be less out there to speculate on. I cant always guess what my favourites will do

I dont mind the odd twist, i loved the vic raid. But i prefer to know if my favourites will be in eps. Its mote frustrating if your favourite is being used as a plot device most of the time.

Has he stopped the episode descriptions too? I personally don't see the harm in releasing the cast lists at the very least. It's more understandable why he'd stop the episode descriptions as they're pretty spoilery.

But yes, I guess there would be less to speculate on. Oh well.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,950
    Forum Member
    Welcome back. :)

The cast lists are still on the BBC site?
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Welcome back. :)

The cast lists are still on the BBC site?

That's what I thought? I've just been there, and Monday 13th has been uploaded as I expected.

Although, they're now in alphabetical order.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, the cast lists are still being released. :)

Hooray for Mona. :D
    Forum Member
    Bertypop wrote: »
    That's what I thought? I've just been there, and Monday 13th has been uploaded as I expected.g

Although, they're now in alphabetical order.

They kept some names out because of the crash but other than that we are still getting them. They don't seem to be listing the guests on there as much any more too which is a little bizarre.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    They kept some names out because of the crash but other than that we are still getting them. They don't seem to be listing the guests on there as much any more too which is a little bizarre.

They've twigged that we will go sleuthing and spoil any surprises. This place has little respect for spoilers..someone always manages to stick them in a thread title.>:(
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never got this cast list thing? is because they use to reveal who would get the doof doof or is in order of appearance.

Although I did notice characters/actors wasn't listed for the episode they are in when they are clearly named in the episode synopsis.
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    They've twigged that we will go sleuthing and spoil any surprises. This place has little respect for spoilers..someone always manages to stick them in a thread title.>:(

I'm guilty of doing a bit of sleuthing when it comes to cast lists :D

Some people seem to have little respect at all
    Forum Member
    Oh and Mona, make sure you get stuck in and post on here. The forum could do with some life kicking into it
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed how on my thread last week that half the new, recurring and guest characters were all missing from the cast list. Madison, Alexandra and Tony's wife were all in the episode but not credited at all on the site when I went for the cast list like I usually do... Half way into the episode I thought I posted the wrong info but I posted the right episode.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and Mona, make sure you get stuck in and post on here. The forum could do with some life kicking into it

Mona as I live and breathe :o:D
    Hoping you're enjoying shirley as part of the carters
  • EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the cast lists still could be hiding characters due to the bus crash aftermath. I can't really see any other reason! It's odd that they omit some characters however it should return to normal soon.

Although I really like how they have put it in alphabetical order. I normally like looking at cast lists but after spoilers have been released, I can usually predict the duff duff just by looking at the first few names on the cast list :blush: Atleast now I can have a slight sense of mystery.

Just wondering, what's the reason that cast lists are released beforehand in the first place, instead of just being announced at the closing credits?
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

Seconded. Oh and you are allowed to mention Shirley by name...she's quite popular these days.:)
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Seconded. Oh and you are allowed to mention Shirley by name...she's quite popular these days.:)

It's the four letter C Word that seems to get everyone in a frenzy.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That thread shall go down in the History books of DS! XD
    Forum Member
    That thread shall go down in the History books of DS! XD

Which one, Vas has created about a million of them about her.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you meant Ron's thread for minute :D

Cora gets a lot of coverage for someone who left 14 months ago :erm:
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I thought you meant Ron's thread for minute :D

Cora gets a lot of coverage for someone who left 14 months ago :erm:

I suspect Scrabs is being a bit naughty with the double meaning :rolleyes:

And I agree it's as if she never left :D